PDA

View Full Version : Steamy windows - Well, steamy windowsof course....

chuky
02-11-2002, 08:32 AM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid9]Hey folks, sorry about the misleadingly suggestive title but i had to get ye into what is an undeniably boring thread...and anyway,it really is about steamy windows.. :D

On starting many astinas/323f's on particularly cold mornings, many owners find that the windscreen fogs up completly and immediately and refuses to clear for several minutes.... :angry:

Someone on the Uk Yahoo Group suggested that the pollen filter (located under the Glove box ??? ) was clogged and that this was preventing the fan from operating at full efficiency, they also suggested reoving it completely, for non allergy sufferers of course...

Just wondering has anyone tried this? Can anyone reccomend this? Or can someone just let me know how to find/access this filter and then ill try it myself and let ye all know the results....

Cheers then folks.... any help appreciated...[/color:post_uid9]

platypus
31-05-2004, 01:47 PM
i'd use rainX on the windows, comes in a black bottle, i dunno if it is available in the UK

Cosmo Dude
31-05-2004, 01:58 PM
The vinyl of the dashboard give off fumes which land on the inside of the screen and cause the fogging. The answer is somewhat simple CLEAN IT.

Some simple household items can help.
Newspaper and metholated spirits do a good job. I use 50/50 metho and vinegar, the metho cleans and the vinegar helps prevent the fogging.

platypus
31-05-2004, 02:03 PM
hmm i like that... i still like rainx silicon wipe stuff... it stops any condenstaion from being able to stay on the screen

Cosmo Dude
31-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Maybe so but do it on clean glass or it won't last

geetee
01-06-2004, 03:31 AM
rain x is available in the uk. i use it on the outside of my screen.
i had this prob in another car. when you turn off the engine the heater matrix cools down. the warm air from the matrix condenses on cool surfaces and heating ducts.
when you next start the car your basically blowing this dampness onto your windscreen, hence the steaminess.
might be wrong but thats my tuppence worth. :wink:

platypus
01-06-2004, 10:56 AM
the outside stuff is yellow... the indside anti-fog is black
trust me i deal with fogging sheets of glass all day, just on a smaller scale.. the anti fog will do wonders...

perhaps clsoing your vents could help, or parking in a garage and leaving the windows down?

Matt
01-06-2004, 03:45 PM
i have the rain ex anti fog and that stuff is tha ****. i recommend to get it as well as the original rain ex.

geetee
02-06-2004, 02:34 AM
i`ve not tried the interior anti fog stuff. but if its as good as the rain x then i would recommend it if you got a foggy problem.
saying that if your in ireland then it shouldn`t be a big problem during the coming warmer months.