PDA

View Full Version : tyre worries

pr1mo
03-04-2004, 04:21 PM
hey all,
pulled a nail out of my tyre today. it went in kind of close to the inner sidewall however it went in on a shallow angle and didnt pierce right thru. tyre places are telling me that they cant fix punctures that are that close to the sidewall howeer as it hasnt gone all the way thru what can i do?!?!

cheers mike

JynX
03-04-2004, 04:26 PM
buy a new tyre.

Nate
03-04-2004, 05:03 PM
buy a new tyre.

boom tish

pr1mo
03-04-2004, 05:05 PM
bah ive got 2 new ones in my garage. some constructive comments would be better recieved

oh the plot thickens too. i had 2 nails in the one tyre. the one that wasnt close to the sidewall went all the way in and was 3" long!!!!!!. weve worked out that i reversed over the one that was near the sidewall. unsure of which way the big one went in

cheers mike

JynX
03-04-2004, 05:13 PM
"tyre places are telling me that they cant fix punctures that are that close to the sidewall"

man those pros say you cant fix it... what you want us too say?

Yes I can wave my magical tyre wand and fix it in a jiffy :)

If it hasnt punctured the sidewall it will be ok, but you prob shouldnt drive on it ..

Cosmo Dude
03-04-2004, 05:37 PM
The maximum strength of tyres is in the radial casings and that puncture was quite close to the edge. Was it the only puncture? It looked like their may have been another.

Time to take a broom to the driveway at work and home.

pr1mo
03-04-2004, 05:40 PM
like i say rod the one that was close to the edge didnt go all the way thru, there was 1 more which will be repairable closer to the centre of the tyre

cheers mike

dfvadr
03-04-2004, 09:03 PM
get the glue borrow a tool an a plug an fix it urself if it still leaks they didnt lie

Cosmo Dude
06-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Once again how stuff works to the rescue (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/tire1.htm)

platypus
06-04-2004, 11:06 PM
of course sketchy places are good for fixing this stuff.... but as has been commented, don't comlain if she don't hold.... heaps of palces are reluctant to plug stuff nowadays... just tell them you don't have a spare, leave the flat on, and then get them to fix it so you can get back home to sale (or whatever)... and you only have $50...

pr1mo
07-04-2004, 08:24 AM
sale. hahahahaha. but yeh its all back on and fixed up nicely :)

OFLA
09-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Lucky you only ran over a nail dude, theres serial Tyre slashers going round over here! Pulled 32 cars in the next suburb from me last nite. I think the cars going to be locked in the garage for a while at night. :| Some poor guys have been hit 4 times in the past month!

pr1mo
09-04-2004, 07:20 AM
jeesus!

well im very suspicious about the size of nail that went alllll the way in. i dont think u pick up 3" long nails everyday.

but alas its fixed and didnt endup costing anything

so myeh ill be rite!

cheers mike