PDA

View Full Version : [Noob] Need jack points to lift Mazda 323 2.0L hatchback (SP20)

dsl_870
17-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know the appropriate jack points to lift a 2001 Mazda 323 2.0L hatchback? I'm using a floor jack to lift the front of my car onto a pair of jack stands, can't consult a manual because the car didn't come with one. I was gonna try the sub-frame but apparently some people don't recommend it.

:confused:

Clean_Cookie
17-07-2013, 12:53 PM
look on the side chassis rails there will be bits with more layers of steel and have two small bumps to identify the points you should use. one on the front about 600mm from the wheel guard and the same on the rear. i always just jack up the front from the cross-member but some (azza) have said they have bent it over time. it probably has a round ball for this purpose built in (like the earlier editions)

dsl_870
17-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Ah, you mean the pinch welds right? Guess I got no other choice. Thx.

Clean_Cookie
17-07-2013, 01:03 PM
yeah if you do it anywhere else it'll squash the metal a little.

BG1.8sp
17-07-2013, 01:18 PM
look on the side chassis rails there will be bits with more layers of steel and have two small bumps to identify the points you should use. one on the front about 600mm from the wheel guard and the same on the rear. i always just jack up the front from the cross-member but some (azza) have said they have bent it over time. it probably has a round ball for this purpose built in (like the earlier editions)

Mine was bent when I got it... and got a replacement from the wreckers which was again bent.

This was done from using the center of the crossmember as a jacking point.

Either use the cup at the very front of the crossmember... or use the points just near the rails