PDA

View Full Version : BG headlights

jojo
05-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Hey how do i go about raising the height of the headlights...does not light up the road enough. Have to drive with high beams.

Anyone else had this problem?

geetee
06-04-2004, 02:38 AM
yes i had this prob too. what i had to do was remove them and clean them out.
you`ll probably find that they`re quite dirty/tarnished inside. sometimes the reflectors go a bit rusty as well but i don`t think that would be as much of a problem in oz as it is over here. be careful if you raise them coz you might end up dazzling oncoming drivers.
good luck :D

platypus
06-04-2004, 10:35 PM
take them and have them properly aimed

is your car lowered?

jojo
07-04-2004, 06:07 AM
Yeh the car has been slightly lowered....wh ois able to do this aiming your talking about?

platypus
07-04-2004, 06:17 AM
then you have lowered the lights too!!

most smash repairers will do it, and do it properly, also auto elctrcians usually have the correct equipment....

the other way to do it, is to park 6 metres from a wall (has to be level ground), cover one headlight

mark the bright spots on the wall, (so you know your current setup) and then you need to measure how high the centre of your headlights are from the ground... then mark this high on the wall....

if your lights are lower than the crosses they need to be raised.. the adjustment screw is behind the headlight... you'll find it, if your willing

jojo
08-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Alrite will do that then .....thanx