PDA

View Full Version : Help... - Please

O-LYM-PIC
18-12-2002, 07:54 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]boys and girls i have a big dilemma. listen closely and i'll spin u a tale of woe....

ok my good mate is out 2 buy himself a car. hes got $25k to play with and he wants to buy, wait 4 it....... a fukn WRX!!! of all cars he wants 2 buy a rex!!!! im spewin. i hate that car with a passion and now he wants one. i spit at every one of em that go past and now he decides to dishonour me with this!!!!!

anyhow, im doin my best to convince him otherwise. his guidelines are that the cars got a bit of get up and go, turbo as standard, 4 doors and not v8.

and b4 u all jump in, ive already suggested an astina, and hes shunned the option (mainly casue he doesnt want 2 go thru the conversion ****)

ok back 2 the point... anyone got any good alternatives. my best idea is a lancer gsr, and then blow the rest of the cash on doin the car up. eat a rex alive. we took some rex's out 4 a test drive and they felt ok, but im sure we can go better.

any help is greatly appreciated. im at my wits end.

manuel.[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO
18-12-2002, 08:04 AM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]Imported Nissan Bluebird SSS Turbo. Its an absolute beast. Doesnt have the hot look but goes hard. Ive seen them look alright with a big bodykit and wheels. Car should cost high 20s, which leaves $5K to spend. perferct. :D Car is different, and flogs most things out there.

Brad[/color:post_uid0]

O-LYM-PIC
18-12-2002, 08:13 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]nice nice. is that awd or what??
is the engine the same as the skyline?? if not what is it??[/color:post_uid0]

pr1mo
18-12-2002, 08:25 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]show the guy petes car! he might change his mind

cheers mike[/color:post_uid0]

zoom
18-12-2002, 09:12 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]the sss bluebird is pretty much the same as the pulsar gtir. Its 4wd sr20 turbo I read some where that is more powerful than the wrx and gsr buy about 10kw. All that is needed is big front mount three inch exhaust and suspension and maybe a hi flow turbo than it defanitly would **** on most wr****. Go to the web site prestige motorsport.com.au really good car importer but he better be quick as the rules have or are changing real soon.[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO
18-12-2002, 11:26 AM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]Yea, sorry forgot to mention that Manuel. Its the SR20... same as 2.0 Silvias/ 200SX. 4WD. Quite rare.

Was thinking about the GTiR Pulsar on the bus (yes :( i have to catch the bus here!) which is another mighty fine option, even if i hate the look. Or theres always a 323GTR if he can find a nice one. TAlk to Unique Autosports (i think i may have given u the address in a PM? - if not, eh.) they import a few of them and have warranty etc. Thats castle hill. Otherwise on PArra Rd near Auburn theres Gary Blogg who is also very good. He was head of the grey importing program for a while and is not a dodgy backyard guy.

Cheers mate

BigBoyLemonade
18-12-2002, 08:01 PM
[color=#006666:post_uid0]Yeh buy a Familia GTR for around 17k and spend the rest on rims and mods[/color:post_uid0]

IZG-00D
18-12-2002, 08:06 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]buy my car!!! :D *:D *:D
you'll have $5k left for the turbo engine...
thanks primo for the help.
let me know...[/color:post_uid0]

O-LYM-PIC
18-12-2002, 08:06 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]ahh thats a nice engine, very nice.

nah brad u didnt send me any unique autosport address, but i wouldnt mind goin there.

im with u on the look of the pulsar gtir, ugly, but fast.

when u say the sss is rare, how rare are u saying?? like so rare its gona b really really hard 2 find one or what.

and primo, thats not a bad idea either.[/color:post_uid0]

O-LYM-PIC
19-12-2002, 01:00 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]IZG-00D, i'l talk 2 him bout ur car, but i no hes gona say that its not turbo and he doesnt want 2 go thru that conversion ****.
but i'l c what i can do.

lantis- what the chance that we'l b able 2 find a familia gtr?? arnt they usually thrashed to **** by small rally teams and extremely hard 2 find in std form??[/color:post_uid0]

Sandyman
19-12-2002, 01:28 AM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]tell him to look for:

R33 Skyline GTS-T

Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo

You can get both these cars for around 20 grand, and 25 might get some extras on her.

oh, if he really wants a four door, he should look for a 4 door R33 skyline GTS-T. I've seen them around. he might go for a R32 if he likes?[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO
19-12-2002, 04:43 AM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]You can find the SSS if u look hard enuff. You can get anything if u really want, just talk to an importer, tell them wat u want, and they'll import it! A 300ZX TT for $20K means u'll spend a lot more on fixing up everything that must be dodgy in it. That car should be min $30K. 4 door skylines make me cringe - its the ugliest sedan ive ever seen!

Cheers

pr1mo
19-12-2002, 04:51 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]easy. give pete $25000 for the astina but dont give it to him until its boosted :)

all the other cars mentioned sound really nice and most probarbly go like rockets but at the end of the day they all are metal box looking things with no class unlike the astina :)[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO
19-12-2002, 04:56 AM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]www.uniqueautosports.com :

Familia GTR, 88000kms, 91, Autometer, Apexi and HKS components $19900.

AND ERICS MR2 IS FOR SALE THERE!?!?!? $23000. Eric, u sold it to them? 93/94 Toyota MR2 Turbo, imported July 1995,
power everything, alarm, 1 x black faced HKS boost gauge (bar reading - dash mounted),
1 x a-pillar mounted silver faced 2&5/8" Autometer boost gauge (psi reading), pioneer cd player, Panasonic 2-way front speakers and pioneer 3-way rear speakers, factory tweeters,
Momo steering wheel and Razo gear knob, EMS computer, 2.5" turbo back stainless steel piping and muffler (from hi-tech), factory BOV and a brand new Turboxs type h BOV (not installed), 17" x 8" TSW, lowered with K-Mac springs & lipped rear guards.
$23,000 The pic is of your car. true?

No SSS at the moment![/color:post_uid0]

Sandyman
19-12-2002, 08:31 AM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]dammit brad! why didn't we think of that one!!!! :([/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO
19-12-2002, 09:19 AM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]Found another option.... this one is from the ToyShop in Newcastle.

Twin turbo 2.5L 1992 Toyota (Lexus) Soarer
Very rare factory black colour, fully optioned with sunroof, ABS, Traction control, rear spoiler. Low k's, Lexus badging. Very fast vehicle in top condition. White auto, and white manual available soon ($POA)
$21990, less for cash!

Problem with Atessa (Bluebird) SSS - it can no longer be imported. Same with MR2 Turbo, non-turbo Silvia, and turbo 300ZX. I think this is Oz wide..... it came unde new laws about a year ago i think. Double check, but just thinking back, coz i was interested in Silvia. On that note, why not a 200SX? An S14 can be bought for $25000 with a fair few mods. Is a bargain.[/color:post_uid0]

IZG-00D
19-12-2002, 09:55 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]but i thought his looking for a four door???
with $25K, i can probably squizz the turbo engine in my car.
$20K for the car and the rest is for the engine alone.
unlike astina, the cars mention here have no class (quote by primo) some are old and way too common now.
as mention in the other topic, a boosted turbo astina will out run most of the cars mention here or perhaps all.

in the end really, it's up to the buyer. :([/color:post_uid0]

pr1mo
19-12-2002, 10:18 AM
[quote:post_uid0="IZG-00D"][color=#000000:post_uid0]unlike astina, the cars mention here have no class (quote by primo) some are old and way too common now.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]i was going to use the word 'bi-products of the 80's' but pulled out at the last minute in fear of people like dan coming up with all kinds of statements about how wham and ultravox are still the best groups of all time and how the 1984 was the best time to be living on earth etc etc.

u can never be too careful....

j.kz of course

cheers mike[/color:post_uid0]

O-LYM-PIC
19-12-2002, 08:02 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]yeah i went thru all the cars like the soarer, 200, skylines and **** but he wanted 4 doors, like peter said.

i was talking 2 him about it last nite and he was interested in the sss.

and pete i'l talk 2 him about ur car with the boosted engine done (cause he already said no 2 the nonturbo). i cant promise anything tho. hes not gettin insurance on the wrx anyway, so he mite as well get the astina.

but boys dont fuk with the older cars- im getin a s3 rx7. 80's classic!!!

91 gtr for $20G. not bad. very original, kinda ugly, but very original!![/color:post_uid0]

IZG-00D
19-12-2002, 08:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]old model cars such as 180sx and R32 has more balls than the latest models. just that age does effect the value of cars and the style is not very attractive.

R33 is the only skyline than came in 4 door.

to be honest, im not saying this cause i want to get rid of my car ASAP but my car still has alot more style than the imported SSS. the astina hatch style is very sexy and one off akind (with it's big ass and aero-dynamic front)...

thanks primo and olympic for your help[/color:post_uid0]

O-LYM-PIC
19-12-2002, 09:00 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]personally mate i like ur car better than any other 4 door sports car on the market. and 4 $25G (with a turbo) it'd b a bargin!!!!
but some ppl have no taste, and the fact that he wanted a wrx means- in my books- that my mate has no taste. but im still tryin with the convincing.

manuel

ps. hey pete could u send me a photo of ur car. send it to o_lym_pic01@hotmail.com thanx mate.[/color:post_uid0]

IZG-00D
19-12-2002, 09:56 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]olympic, ill send some tonight...

im pretty sure that who ever buys my car and decides to put a turbo engine in, should get alot of help from the guys in this forum.[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO
20-12-2002, 09:18 AM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid4]You're a good saleman Peter, but agree. Looks better than a SSS! ;)

Old model cars - if its good, then wats wrong with it? Newer cars depreciate more. Those of you who bought your 2nd gen or 3rd gen models say 2 years ago, how much money have u lost? I can sell mine for what I bought it for pretty much 3 years down the track, and i love it. SAme with an S1-4 RX7. Wont lose much money. I know thats not what a car is all about, but when you're on a budget it helps.

Forgot about the 4 doors Manuel, was just having fun searching for a car on the net again! :;): Got a bit carried away.

I do have to say one thing tho.... hes stupid if he wants a WRX and wont insure it. They get stolen like nothing else. Forget dadadots or anything else, thats a great help to find just your bonnet 6 months down the track after the car has been stripped and nothing else. Thats my opinion anyway, and I'm talkling through experience with a VSII HSV GTS that got stolen at Oran Park. Great 'unstealable' security system that was.[/color:post_uid4]

O-LYM-PIC
20-12-2002, 07:51 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]brad mate- keep searchin for the cars, let get out of hand, i like 2 c what u can find.

and about the insurance, thats exactly what i told him. he says that hes gettin some type of positioning system or sum kinda crazy alarm thingo (thats supposed to b unstealable), and i tell him that thats good if u just want 2 find the stipped down shell of what once was a wrx. in my experience nuthin under the sun is unstealable.[/color:post_uid0]

BigBoyLemonade
20-12-2002, 07:57 PM
[color=#006666:post_uid0]There are 6 available in WA at the moment...

2 in adelaide...

Just depends on how committed you are to buy one...

its impossible to find a standard jap import... if it looks slightly standard than most likely the import company has ripped all the good bits off[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO
20-12-2002, 08:47 PM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]1993 Bluebird Atessa 4WD Turbo, 3" full sports exhaust, HKS BOV, new button clutch, stereo with subs, 18"mags
$21,000 Thats at Unique Autosports. Manuel, convince your mate to buy it there, and in the bargaining get them to do your exhaust for free
:;):

There is an auction today your time. http://www.ame-trading.com/Auction_List/Sample/1220E_List.htm
Atessa SSS with 38000 kms.

1991 Mazda Familia
1.8 4WD intercooled TURBO
Air Cond
Power Steer
Power windows
Front and rear strut braces
Bendix Ultimate brake pads
Full Exhaust
Air filter
New Excedy Heavy Duty Clutch
Plenty of rego
Serviced every 5000 Kms
A1 Condition inside and out
Very Regretful sale
Pics here
http://au.photos.yahoo.com/bc/tsunami_performance
$12500
0414 936 818
Hoxton Park
NSW

How much are early model A4 1.8Ts going for now? They can be quite nice and quite quick with a bit of money.

FOUND THE ONE!!!!! Here it is: Turbo 98 Mazda 323 Protege 12k Turbo Engine Conversion, 7k Comp Audio System, 17" Chromies 2 many extras to list. Loves WRX for breakfast and Skylines for dinner. One owner, immaculant show condition.
$23,000 ONO AUD Body is quite standard, but looks good anyway. stereo is insane. check the hot 4s site

Thats all i can find at the moment sorry![/color:post_uid0]