PDA

View Full Version : airbag suspenion

dfvadr
21-04-2004, 04:27 PM
ok i have done a lot off home work lately an decided to have them custom made here in oz an the good new is i should have them by the week-end there is about 17 to 20 hours labour involved in fitting so not sure as to wen the car is going to be on the road

Rupewrecht
21-04-2004, 04:31 PM
can't wait to see the finished results!

i'd love airbags but would rather keep my handling...hmm maybe i should get air struts instead lol

BigBoyLemonade
21-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Air struts are commonly reffered Airbags Im pretty sure depending on the car.

Cosmo Dude
21-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Tell me about airbag suspension Rod, what benifits do you get from them etc....

sik astina
21-04-2004, 06:32 PM
cant wait to see them rod in action!

what benifits do you get from them etc

great for attention :mrgreen: looks awesome for the car shows too

Cosmo Dude
21-04-2004, 06:38 PM
cant wait to see them rod in action!

what benifits do you get from them etc

great for attention :mrgreen: looks awesome for the car shows too

Why, how what do they do? Do they make farty noises when you go over bumps?

sik astina
21-04-2004, 06:40 PM
i only answered your question *what benifits do you get from them etc*
not *Tell me about airbag suspension Rod* ..|..

Dazz
21-04-2004, 06:55 PM
no they dont they just look good and are great for attention and good for car shows for display as mik said :lol:

Cosmo Dude
21-04-2004, 07:08 PM
OK, sorry.
So they are cool for other people to look at (why I still don't know).

Cosmo Dude
21-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Those farty noises must be realy loud :roll:

Dazz
21-04-2004, 07:14 PM
because not many ppl have them and can afford them and they are different. and u can classify them as farty noises if u want but if ur farts sound like that u better get urself check out

sik astina
21-04-2004, 07:24 PM
LMFAO ur a classic dazz.

sik astina
21-04-2004, 07:28 PM
cosmo dude, why dont u go to their website and copy and paste the info :lol: seemings u have all the answers :lol:

http://www.tubularsuspensionsystems.com/welcome.htm

dfvadr
21-04-2004, 07:32 PM
lol u guys . well the reason i have them is because [as the guys that no my car] i have a lot off trouble with driveways , deep dips in roads ect so i want to be able to jack it up to get in an out off anywhere , an when it is parked you can drop it on the bump stops also i can put any size wheel an tyre i want under the guards i just have to ad air to stop scrubbing , you can also drive at any height you want .

now mine are complete struts an bags but most are only doubles i have triples that means more height ,

there is also air struts but there designed for cars that have limited space under the guards an where the tyres can fool airbags

dan as i said earlier i have done my homework here an as far as handling goes it should be every bit as good as the lowering springs if not better because with have set up struts as well as the air bags an it is 4way which means each bag has its own valve so there is no air transferr when hard cornering occers

sik astina
21-04-2004, 07:38 PM
well there you go Cosmo Dude :mrgreen:

Rod I know how much troubles you have with your kit at that height. It's gonna look so good with bags man! Good work!

-Mick

Cosmo Dude
21-04-2004, 07:41 PM
LMFAO ur a classic dazz.
I wanted to know what the airbag suspension entailed and look at what it took to get a half reasonable answer. Try putting 'airbag' and 'suspension' into a search engine, come on , I dare you.....

JynX
21-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Rod,

If you dont mind me asking, what does this setup cost ball park and who is doing the work.

sik astina
21-04-2004, 07:57 PM
I could copy and paste it like you do, but here's the link, it was the third result

http://www.minitruckinweb.com/tech/0405mt_bagged/

:lol:

Dazz
21-04-2004, 09:52 PM
His right it was the third result u should get a spell check

Rupewrecht
22-04-2004, 09:23 AM
Sounds good then!

dfvadr
22-04-2004, 03:01 PM
lets say cost is a lot off money ill go into more detail later an give my opinion as to its worth thanx guys for ur supportive comments it arrives 2morro afternoon at my house
not hard to guess what im doin on the week-end lol
mick pm sent to you

SP:KING
22-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Well done Rod..... Proud.

BigMal
23-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Best of Luck with it Rod,
Cant wait to see it only negative I would say is that remember changing the
height affects the alignment with the angle of the wheels so if you run it real
high or real low will wear out the edges of the tyres.

Regards

Mal

dfvadr
23-04-2004, 07:07 PM
ill wheel align it at my most likable ride height then it will only be lowered when parked an raised to enter an exit driveways so that should look after the tyres
thanx mal
well there here so into it tommorrow f..k the tank takes up the whole boot area
my god what are all these little bits an pieces :?: :? :lol:

geetee
24-04-2004, 02:57 AM
i always thought an airbag stops you wearing your steering wheel on your face during an accident! :? is this also called hydraulic or something? like on a citreon?

dfvadr
24-04-2004, 06:14 AM
there is hydraulic suspension too but i dont like the thought off messy oil lines running through my car just imagine a failer in an oil line under pressure with white interior [shudderrs]

airbag suspension is an airbag system like they run on trucks

BigBoyLemonade
25-04-2004, 09:58 AM
PICS PICS!!! I CANT WAIT!

dfvadr
29-04-2004, 08:18 PM
well airbags an struts are in airlines r run through to the front. compressor an fittings all done , now to fit the tank in car , do the electrics fit guages and switches biggest prob is where also makes the job alot longer thinking were to put things but hopefully next week end it will be out an about

dfvadr
08-05-2004, 08:33 PM
ok all is well so far think i might be out for a test drive 2moro just a couple of little things to tidy up but all is working. what a difference dropped the bodykit almost sits on the ground an height before it had a 4" clearance an fully inflated i have 7 1/2 inches clearance [4x4] :lol:

08-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Cant wait to see it Rod!!

dfvadr
10-05-2004, 07:32 PM
well i thought all was well till i went to put the sub box back in and no way is that sucker fitting , so im building a new one now , going to build a ported 1 think ill go in the sound off at final battle .
oh yer the panel i made for the switches bloody bug landed in the paint so had to strip it and paint it again but that will be finished by wednesday just have to clear it now then hook up wiring an pop switches in then put in consul . sub box should be done by saturday arvo
i will be out in the car this week end

Rupewrecht
11-05-2004, 11:58 AM
sounds ace!

pics - or even better - videos please!

sik astina
11-05-2004, 06:22 PM
When u takin it on the streets? would love to see it :mrgreen:

12-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah we'll all have to meet up in the gong sometime this weekend, to check it out, you name the time and place Rod, if you want!

dfvadr
12-05-2004, 07:36 PM
i think it will have to be sunday not sure on a time ill post it friday or saturday one off the switches is not working so im after that should have it in a couple off days

dfvadr
12-05-2004, 07:36 PM
i think it will have to be sunday not sure on a time ill post it friday or saturday one off the switches is not working so im after that should have it in a couple off days

quiksilv3r
13-05-2004, 01:29 PM
how high does it sit inflated/deflated? does it lay out
did u need to do any notching/bridging/chassis work?
where did u get the work done?
what sort of front system are u running?

srrry bour the q's. been into minitrucks for a while now and wanted to know if the setup was similar to cars.

dfvadr
14-05-2004, 08:51 PM
dropped the body kit is about 1"off the ground an the back guards need to be lipped there hitting the rims an when i pump it up its nearly 8" off the groung to the bottom off the body kit.
you dont need to do any notching or anything like that cause you get the full struts an replace the others.
i took it for a run today hieght was the same as the king springs were, it rides alot firmer and i think it will out handle the way the kings do buy miles i couldn't give it heaps cause my battery was not bolted in but just cornering in general felt a lot better ill finish the battery bracket tommorrow an build the sub box then sunday il go for a run
mite head up the national park an back down the hwy

dfvadr
14-05-2004, 08:54 PM
quiksilv3r there is no mods needed just bolt up i had it built by tubular suspenion and did all the install myself
all struts front an rear

sik astina
14-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Stuff the National Park Rod, come to South Beach and show me some airbag action! :mrgreen:

dfvadr
14-05-2004, 09:30 PM
starting to get to many cops around there

sik astina
14-05-2004, 11:01 PM
thats true. could alway meet else where.

mrpayner
15-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Are there any pics available yet at all?

Cheers
AP

dfvadr
15-05-2004, 09:44 PM
there r pics but i dont no how to post them when michael gets home [god no's what day that is] ill get him to put them up for me i also have a few plus video off the auto salon

dfvadr
23-05-2004, 05:26 PM
went into town 4 a run this after noon got sum pics an a bit off video [will post up soon] an wow what an audience i attracted think 1/2 off wollongong even had 2 detectives having a look an asking about it :oops: 8)