PDA

View Full Version : Brake Problems at 6000kms???!!

Gunner
21-04-2004, 10:33 PM
I've noticed that when I turn the steering wheel while the car is fully stopped and my foot is on the brake (required when parking in a tight space), there is a grinding noise coming from the front wheels... it's distinct from the tyres rubbing on the floor .. the brakes have also started to squeal ... and sometimes when I hit the brakes, it makes a "humming noise" as well.. all this really bugs me... specially for a car that is less than 1 year old...
is it due to the fact that I don't drive it often?? I've only done 6000 kms on it and it's a 2003 Astina Hatch. Are these issues critical and to be looked at immediately??
Any help appreciated

mutek
26-04-2004, 06:08 PM
mate get it checked out -- still under warranty -- even if its nothing its worth a look.

mutek
26-04-2004, 11:44 PM
o yeah 4got ... sure u havent been flogging the **** out of your car ... worst thing to do in first 10,000 kmz (but covered under warranty nevertheless)

Gunner
27-04-2004, 07:09 PM
i've been taking care of it like a baby mate... unlike some morons who flog the hell out of their car ... anyways.. let's say it it hasn't gone through much pain since I've bought it..