PDA

View Full Version : Stock 5x7's in 1997 Astina

mutek
27-04-2004, 04:11 PM
yo all i have a 1997 astina and i was wondering if the stock speakers are 5x7 in both front and back (if they are in fact 5x7)?

2nd question ... how hard can i push them a have a 4 x 250 watt Max Power amp which im pretty sure should run em fine considering its not RMS we're talking about. so can i hook these up to amp ?

cheers guyz, thx in advance

mrpayner
27-04-2004, 04:49 PM
The front speakers are 5x7's and the rear speakers are 6 or 6½" speakers..

It would be pointless hooking up and amp to them as aftermarket speakers will sound a lot better anyway. The Stockies don't even have rubber surrounds around the cone, it's just paper. Plus they can't handle too much power other wise you will fry them. I think Toyboy [Theo] originally did this and he fried them shortly after amping them.

Hope that helps
AP

Cosmo Dude
27-04-2004, 05:46 PM
The stock fronts are 25 watts RMS, you would get much better bang for buck by upgrading them before spending the cash on fancy amps and head units.
My opinion is not to buy sound equipment that isn't rated in RMS or PEAK power, PMP, PMPO or PEAK MUSIC POWER to my knowledge has no base reference point to make a legitimate comparison.

mrpayner
27-04-2004, 09:54 PM
PMP, PMPO or PEAK MUSIC POWER to my knowledge has no base reference point to make a legitimate comparison.

These terms that Rod has posted can only be achieved for a poofteenth of a second under certain conditions..

To back Rod up.. always look for an RMS figure as this figure represents "continuous power"

Cheers
Adam

mutek
27-04-2004, 11:13 PM
ive already bought an amp like 1 1/2 years ago which i found out was a mistake ... Boss BA1000 which imo i think is a perfectly good speaker amp ... just not a subwoofer amp. Now i already have a subwoofer amp, im just trying to turn a negative to a positive with the Boss Amp (no pun intented).

mutek
29-04-2004, 07:18 AM
http://www.astinagt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2422