PDA

View Full Version : bg pop ups not working!!!

geetee
12-05-2004, 04:59 AM
hi guys,
can someone confirm whether my lights should come up when i switch the lights on, or do i have to hit the retractor switch on the dashboard?
they pop up no problem with the flash/high beam but with the main headlights i need to press in the retractor switch. then when i switch the lights off i have to hit the retractor switch again to make them go down.
its been like this since i got the car but one of my mates said they should come up without the use of the retractor. HELP!! :?

joe_mazda
12-05-2004, 05:45 AM
Yeah they should........hmm.....

As soon as you turn the light on one notch (sidelight things) they come up and you don't need to press the retractor button. Turn it down a notch to turn off and they go back down.

No idea how that has occurred! at least you still got some light though!

ROB-80E
13-05-2004, 11:41 PM
If my retractor button is NOT pushed, mine pop up when I select beams on switch. They stay down when just on parkers.

When I "flash" the high beam, they pop up, then 4 secs later, go down.

geetee
14-05-2004, 03:33 AM
yeh rob, mine pop up when flashing the high beam and go down after a few secs.
and i also think your right in saying they should stay down when just on parkers.
oh bugger!! :roll:
i know its not a big problem , but its one of those wee things that are very annoying :?

01-06-2004, 04:59 AM
AH WONDER IF TEMPORARILY DISCONECTING THE RETRACTOR BUTTON,JUST TO SEE WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN WOULD HELP....CAN'T BE TOO MUCH WRONG THOUGH...BE SOMETHIN REALLY SIMPLE.