PDA

View Full Version : New members

Toyboy
29-11-2002, 09:38 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid14]Ive recently noticed that we have a outbreak of new members,for a while the forums had got slow,but they are alive again :) *To all the newbies [b:post_uid14]WELCOME[/b:post_uid14]
Please introduce yourself properly here,do tell a little about yourself :D[/color:post_uid14]

O-LYM-PIC
29-11-2002, 09:55 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]nice touch toyboy!!! thankyou
im manuel, i was searching the net one day and just fell onto this site and was hooked- its awesome!!!
i got a little red 91 SP (as u may have read), which i got about a year or so ago. i love it, but i saving all my monies for my rx7 series 3 (with a s4/5 13B), which im expecting to get just after christmas (fingers crossed). however the astinas staying as my daily drive.
in the rest of my time im doin a business degree at uni, and hateing it!!! and also workin part time, to keep the car running.
ohh yeah and the number one love of my life is SOCCER!!!! any other big soccer fans here???
ok boys and girls that me, hope to meet some of u around some time and c the faces behind the signatures.[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO
29-11-2002, 01:24 PM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]o-lym-pic, where u at? Im assuming Sydney, but where bouts? wat uni? Dont get rid of the Astina.... we're in desperate need of first gen Astinas here![/color:post_uid0]

O-LYM-PIC
29-11-2002, 08:56 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]yeah ive noticed that there arnt too many of the older types of astinas around here. but dont worry the astina will stay, manily because the rx7 has no chance of gettin insurance and so its more of a 'sunday special'.
ur rite im in sydney, in the sutherland area, its a sh!thole, but what can i do!! hehe
and my uni is UTS. top uni- not too much grass around tho!! cannt really complain, its a good bludge.
hope that fiiled in some more of the gaps.[/color:post_uid0]

MrShadow
29-11-2002, 10:02 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, I don't know if I count as a "New member", as I joined late Sept (I think) but here it is:

22 live at Saratoga on the Central Coast (NSW, Australia).
We have 3 cars:
* Me: 96 Red Hardtop (same as Rupewrecht, but auto and stock - not for long hopefully)
* Sister: Noble Green '84 323 Hatch
* Dad: Champaign 2000 323 Protoge

Interests (apart from cars):
* Computers
* Aviation (I'm a pilot)
* Moutain bike - in particular downhill *and trail
* Sleeping
* Hiking/camping etc
* Caffeine (apart form flying, my only addiction)

Studying Information Science at Newcastle Uni (lot's of grass there, as well as mozzies (LOADS of f@&#ken mozzies))
Work in a hardware repair shop at Gosford. *Warranty agent for most brands of printers, but will look at anything!

Catch ya'll round :D[/color:post_uid0]

Sandyman
29-11-2002, 11:13 PM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]Hey, I'm new
Name's Mathew, I'm 15, live at Lake Macquarie, near Newcastle.
I play rugby, i'm in school, i enjoy sleep (as i have to get up at like 6:30 am to go to school), tropical fish, cars(my fav. being the '69 vette, but the astina is kikarse), skiing, iceskating, camping, hunting(want to go) and good music.

My dad has a red '97 V6 astina hatch manual, and the biggest mod been done to it is some seat covers (he don't really have much time on his hands). Sister's going for her P's at the end of the year, and dad may be getting all us kids an astina V6 for us to drive when we all get our licences(how sweet can u get!) :D[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
29-11-2002, 11:35 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hey o-lym-pic,
I live in the shire as well. Look out for me
cruising around. You know any other guys round the shire
with your model. I saw a white one couple of nights ago.
I thought it was a 180sx behind me, sure it had bonnet
vents. Looked really cool when it came past me (Nah
not racing, I was turning right :D)

Regards

Mal[/color:post_uid0]

O-LYM-PIC
30-11-2002, 04:27 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]yeah ive seen 2 other really nice loooking white ones around. one is owned by some egyptian guy, and the other guy is a friend of my parents. the second one has the nicest bodykit ive seen on any 1st gen astina, with some sweet wheels. and those vents ur talkin about, im sure one of em has XR6 vents.

and ive seen this nice BA astina around aswell, and now im thinkin that its probably u, cause how many other NG astinas are there goin round with cromes and exaust done. im gona keep an extra special look out now.

and mr shadow- ur family only has mazdas?? a real family thing eh??[/color:post_uid0]

TwoJays
30-11-2002, 10:18 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid2]Hey guys... Name's John Hyland, but usually called JJ...I'm 24 and live in Canberra (don't all hate me just yet, we only just met!)

I drive a '92 SP, with bugger-all done to it. About to work on the ride height for it (next weekend!), and I got myself a decent stereo (nothing like Critter's tho...geez that bass sounded nice!!!!).

I hadn't really thought about modifying my car much...insurance and laziness were what was holding me back...but after attending the cruise last weekend, and checking out some of the newer cars...well, I just might get there!

Andy told me about the board, and I hadn't even seen it before I went to the cruise...but it seems great! Unfortunately I don't have an easily accessible 'net connection, but this will be solved soon hopefully... anyhoo... I'll shut up and stop taking up so much space! :D[/color:post_uid2]

.::Astina|Brad::.
30-11-2002, 10:21 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm Fresh meat too!

hey guys.. Brad here. i'm from around Camden. Only moved out here about 3 years ago... spend most of my time in 'The Shire' go bodyboarding and surfing @ cronulla heaps, not that ip;m any good at either, but i love it.

Work in the printing industry, i'm into Computer Arts. Surfing. would like to getting into modding cars heaps... but i havn't got the cash flow to do that.

Not sure if it's a member on this list, but around where i live i saw an insane looking Hardtop, Had full racing alloy rear wing, and it looked like a tiger airbrushed on the side. it was dark so i could see properly (only have 1 head lite at the moment.)
I drive a 94 Hardtop, red, manual, V6, SUNROOF!! =) no mods.. hoping to get a few more horsies out of the engine. don't plan to get a body kit, i bought it cause i think it already looks sweet. thinking maybe bigger 6 spoke wheels...

Hope to see some of the sydney crew out and about o nthe streets... i'm pretty keen to get the ASTINA|GT sticker somewhere on my car.

Brad...[/color:post_uid0]

Mr_Bob
30-11-2002, 11:33 PM
[color=#000080:post_uid0]ok, well i guess i'm new too :)
joined september after my car was a near writeoff, and really wanted a new car, but insurance killed that idea.
Critter sent me here to get info, and a genreal idea of what i was getting myself in for.

My ride is actually a Mirage, it's slow..
so rather than make it fast, i'm concentrating on the audio side. might look into performance when insurance companies stop hating me :(

typical interests:
sex drugs music, cars, computers,
anything outdoors (except sunlight *shakes fist toward sun*)
extreme sports.
whatever keeps me busy[/color:post_uid0]

EZZY
30-11-2002, 11:45 PM
[color=#000080:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="o-lym-pic"]yeah ive seen 2 other really nice loooking white ones around. one is owned by some egyptian guy[/quote:post_uid0]
would that be the ba hatchback. if yes, its most likely to be white ghost (andrew). that astina is now a full stock, except for the side skirts.

gee... i feel "old" here..... :p[/color:post_uid0]

O-LYM-PIC
01-12-2002, 04:31 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]nah nah ezzy, its a white 1st gen model, i think the guys name is peter.[/color:post_uid0]

fltcha
02-12-2002, 04:12 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hey Mr Shadow,

What do you fly? Planks or Whirlies?[/color:post_uid0]

MrShadow
02-12-2002, 09:03 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I fly spam tins (aka planks). :p[/color:post_uid0]

OY33AH
02-12-2002, 10:06 PM
[color=#FF00FF:post_uid2]Guess I could be classified as a newbie to the board seemings I only registered recently, but most you guys know me through Mick and his astina...

Im Leanne, 20 from Wollongong. I just bought my 97 charcoal grey astina two weeks ago :cool: I work for Telstra, as a supervisor at directory assistance (you know 1223, 12455) love my work and LOVE my car :D

As for mods, getting my clear indicators put on this arvo, and am just going to lower the car 2 1/2 inches and slap on some 17" chrome mags....that wont be till next year though.

~Leanne~[/color:post_uid2]

EZZY
03-12-2002, 07:37 AM
[color=#000080:post_uid0]leanne my friend, thought we had the discussion about the springs and wheels.
thought we agreed on DUMPED + 19"s......... :D
on a serious note, let me know if you need me to get parts for you @ astina gt forums mate rates..... :p[/color:post_uid0]

Critter
03-12-2002, 09:50 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Real good to see all our new members
The place has grown quite a bit since I've been here[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
04-12-2002, 12:35 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Hey O-lym-pic,
Do you number plates end in 94M. I saw a car last night
at kirrawee, red with kit with say 16" chromes on it. Had
WRX scoop on the bonnet and the cossie vents as well.

Is that you ??

Mal[/color:post_uid1]

OY33AH
04-12-2002, 07:41 AM
[color=#FF00FF:post_uid2]lol @ Eric, that pimp look just isnt me! :p

You'll be the first to know when I need something mate! Those clear indicators look great on :D Thanks Eric :)

~Leanne~[/color:post_uid2]

O-LYM-PIC
05-12-2002, 07:36 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]nah bigmal that wasnt me.
but i did c u the other day, driven down president av. i think it was last sat or so, cant remember to well these days.
my cars pretty stock at the moment. looking at gettin the exaust done soon tho, now im workin full time.[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
05-12-2002, 08:10 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Its cool mate.
I pulled up beside him and waved. No response.
Lights changed and blew him away, as you would expect
then wait for him at the next lights. He comes up and looks
the other way. All I wanted to say was nice car to him and
maybe come join the forum but he wasn't interested.

Anyway saw that white one I said before in sutho. It does
have bonnet vents on it but couldn't see close enough what
they were. So have seen two nice early model Astina's
with kits recently which is always good. Shame they don't
want to chat.

When you see me next just give a bip and a wave.

Regards

O-LYM-PIC
05-12-2002, 08:27 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]i'l b on the look out mate.
look 4 the letters on the plate XQG. if u c me- beep away.
i'l b waitin and hoping!! hehe[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
05-12-2002, 09:00 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Hey Manuel,
If you want to catch up its not a problem. *My mobile
is plastered in heaps of posts if not just PM me.
No need for say waiting and hoping ****. *I aint the pope
nor and I a busty blonde. *Just a balding overweight guy
who has lots of bad addictions and my car is just one
of them. *This weekend may be bad. *Got my xmas party
and that could end up being a whole weekend of abuse
and I don't look good after being out for 48hours just ask
Mick and Leanne *:(
Pop me a PM and we can work out a time. *

Later

O-LYM-PIC
06-12-2002, 08:40 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah we'll meet up some time, but its gonna have 2 b some time next week anyway, cause im typin from bathurst at the moment!!! and nah im not doin mt panarama, here officially on work.
anyway, i'l get ur number soon
cya round boys :cool:
ps its just my luck u aint some busty blond, we coulda had some real fun then!!! hehehe[/color:post_uid0]