PDA

View Full Version : Sports trans....

O-LYM-PIC
07-12-2002, 09:06 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid7]hey guys for the last couple of days ive been drivn around in one of those new mitsu veradas, with that sport transmission or whatever theyr called.
personally i think its nothin like a good old fashioned manuel box- its all over rated.
its slow to change gears, cause its all electric, and the fact that there is no clutch makes it so much harder to control, that is tryin to flik bak a gear quickly is much jumpier. it also pisses me off that theres no neutral that can b easily clikd into.
anyone else had any experiences with these things.
what i really wanted 2 know is that when they put these boxes into 'sports cars,' like the new falcon and others, do they do the same ****ty changes?? essentially its just like a high reving auto- boring.
and also, u know when they put those stealth boxes with no clutches into street drag cars, like that 10.7 sec R32 GTR, do they act the same way??
however the engine was fun, 3.6L V6- a bit touchy, but fun anyway. and i dont usually like bigger engines- gimme a 4 or small 6 anyday. the car was a rental, so it got trashed as much as possible thruout bathurst, i think thats what made it all the more fun.

manuel.[/color:post_uid7]

bRaDiNhO
07-12-2002, 01:29 PM
[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]Manuel, yea, generally sequential boxes are just auto boxes with a manual change feature. If u let if rev it still upshifts automatically anyway. I drove a Hyundai Tiburon with one, it was orright, but got boring very quickly. Not all the 'boxes are that slow in their shifts ie M3, Ferrari "f1" box etc. Ive heard Falcon aint that bad either. Still, as u said, nothing beats a clutch and a stick. Or an '8....... :p Big engine, rear wheel drive, light weight = fun.

Brad[/color:post_uid0]