PDA

View Full Version : BA Headlights - Poor visibility

Banana_Chick
27-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi all!

One thing I hate about night driving, is the poor visibility... Even though I recently replaced my standard yellow bulbs with these supposedly 3% brighter bulbs (Opti Blue - Platinum) with the blue tinge, it doesnt help much. Does anyone have a suggestion, as to what bulbs I should get to improve visibility?

Dogo
27-06-2004, 01:19 PM
perhaps they need to be re-angled ? They could be just pointing up or down too much.

or get some driving/fog lights to add more light.

Banana_Chick
27-06-2004, 01:34 PM
I have fog lights :(

I have tried re-aligning them - but doesnt seem to help much.

ausastina97
27-06-2004, 06:26 PM
My main headlights on my BA are pretty dull as well, I was thinking of changing them. But if the difference is small I might not bother....

Cosmo Dude
27-06-2004, 06:50 PM
I found the BA lights to be much the same as other cars of it's time. I put 90/100 lamps in a VR Commo for a time but most motorists thought I had my high beems on and flashed me. I guess I wouldn't like someone comming toward me with too bright lights either.

And as for fog lights, fog lights are not ment for distance, they are ment to fill in the area close to you as in fog the brighter the lights the less the visability.

mrpayner
27-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Narva +50's are supposed to be pretty good, BigMal has them [i think].. I went out and bought some of those Philips BlueVision globes for my BA, they're not the best so i'm going to get the Narva +50's when these Philips things eventually blow..

Regards
Adam