PDA

View Full Version : Help! problem with remote central locking - Problems with locking with remote!

apparition
03-02-2003, 03:42 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid12]Hi guys;
Not sure if anyone has experienced this before, but just yesterday when I unlocked my doors with the remote, a "whirriling sound" occured. Opened door and drove off.

When I got home to use the remote to lock up the doors, a "whirring" sound came again, and this time the doors (central locking) won't work.

Thought it might be a fuse, but that's all good, and I can lock the doors manually and central locking works.

Only with the remote that the doors won't lock.

Would this be because something is wrong with the frequency of my remote (controls alarm and immobliliser)?

Any one got any clues to this problem or recommend any places in Melbourne (Pref. Eastern suburbs) to look into this?

Thanks
Daniel ???[/color:post_uid12]

JynX
03-02-2003, 04:06 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]You need somthing with a moving part to make a whiring noise. Considering the radio gear wont contain any moving parts, I would say its prob one of the locking mechanisms in the door not closing properly?[/color:post_uid0]

apparition
03-02-2003, 04:14 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid12]Yeah that was what i was thinking, but I can get the doors to unlock if i lock them manually (using hands to press the lock), but it just won't work if I press lock using the remote.

Thanks for your thought! :)[/color:post_uid12]

mrpayner
03-02-2003, 05:54 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]My remote for the alarm also does the central locking, just recently it stopped working so I took of the door trim and found a loose wire. Connected it back up and she worked again. Although it didn't make a whiring noise, i'd still check it out.

I could still lock/unlock the car manually and the central locking still worked with the key only.

Hope it's just a loose wire, mate

Adam[/color:post_uid0]

apparition
03-02-2003, 09:06 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thanks for the help Adam! Yeah that could be the problem, so in the morning I'll take off the door trims and have a look around! If not, than I'll take it to the nearest alarm installation places to have a look.[/color:post_uid0]

Dogo
03-02-2003, 08:58 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]it sounds to me like something is holding or blocking one of the central locking hydraulics. Maybe the door trim is pushed in or something.

But then ... central locking with key would do the same thing. Unless u were using the key in the door with the problem![/color:post_uid0]

IceWish
04-02-2003, 03:09 PM
[color=#336633:post_uid0]Yup i had that same exact problem with my car....when I installed my alarm thay had to put on an actuator on my door because the automatic door lock didnt lock the driver side ...to get it to lock they used an actuator which locked and unlocked the door....Unfortunately...it wasnt that good of a brand and it starterd making that noise...a really loud embarasing noise every time i stopped and the door lock opened.....after that i changed the actuator the problem stopped......But i tell you ...it scarred *me late at night because it always took me by surprise.....that *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring noise.[/color:post_uid0]

apparition
05-02-2003, 11:06 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Thanks for the input guys!
Took the car down to an alarm installer and found out that the problem was cos my solenoid which operates the central locking via remote was stuffed. $65 later and all is good. Just a warning... don't get anything made by SILICON... the previour owner had immobiliser and also the solenoid by SILICON... the immonboliser died the night I took possession of the car... all is good now, with a good quality alarm and now the solenoid is of a better quality! :)[/color:post_uid1]