PDA

View Full Version : Alarm and Central locking

neles
04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Damn, I am boring, am I? Ok, a suggestion please. Mine is Astina BG 1990 LX variant, no electronics (no pow win, no pow steer, no abs, no sun roof) no central locking and/or alarm. Since I'm just a hard working guy, and don't plan on buying any new car in the next 5 years (I took a bank loan to buy this baby) I wish to improve it in any way possible on my behalf. One of the things that is not getting too much support from people I'm surrounded with, is instalation of central locking and some not-too-sophisticated alarm system. As for the alarm, I'll think of it later, but as for central locking, there is a question. In a few shops around the town, people said thay can install the cl on my car, for some more or less reasonable price, but since I don't trust anyone around here (mazda is a rare car in these parts of the world, so I have good reasons to doubt the experience of the people) I wanted to ask you guys is it really possible, and can more-less experienced goodwilled goodhhearted electrician/mechanic be able to install it without wrecking the car? Just a warning - I was replacing shock absorbers few months ago, and idiots broke half of that rounding plastic in the trunk by 'testing them'. So, you see why I'm not too happy about taking it to untrusting mechanics. (there are no certified stores or mechanics around here, forget about that).

Thanx in advance.

platypus
04-08-2004, 10:23 PM
i did my stuff my self on a few cars... why don't you get a kit???

neles
04-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Hell, I would try, if I knew exactly what I'm looking for. If you can name a kit that is compatible with this car, and if it is possible to buy it somewhere online, or if you could just drop me a resource where I might find it, I would be grateful. I searched the google, it has million of sites, but I wasn't sure is any of the packages found is 100% compatible. I would hate to f*ck it up :)

platypus
04-08-2004, 10:45 PM
http://www.strathfield.com.au/images/SimpleProducts/large/CL500.jpg
ok this one has everything you need
Locking Kit (http://www.strathfield.com.au/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=80#)

most of them are all good, i've used this particular one, and its fine

neles
04-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Man, this is excellent! More to it, it's quite cheap. They want to charge me about US$100 for this? I'll kill 'em.

Now, thanx for the info, the only problem is to find it for purchase. The only option seems to be online ordering, so whattahell, I'll do it.

Thanx again, mate :)

platypus
05-08-2004, 07:50 AM
that site is in australian dollars!!!

neles
05-08-2004, 04:43 PM
I know! That's so excellent about it :)