PDA

View Full Version : soundstream subs?

mattyd
06-08-2004, 11:35 AM
hey guys and gals, just looking for some information on soundstream subs. Are they any good? better for spl or sq aplications?

Zed
06-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Soundstream is a pretty top notch brand and you really can't go wrong with them. Whether they are good for spl or sq depends on which model in particular you're talking about. Different subs for different applications.

93BG
16-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Is soundstream still that good ? I heard that after moving from US their products are nothing like what they used to be... ?

Q2CDIS
17-05-2005, 07:21 PM
soundstream r really good i got 2 set's of 6' splits in my doors n they go harder nethin else ive had b4.. but there subs anit as good.. i found that fusion r betta in the subs...

goldsp
17-05-2005, 08:40 PM
soundstream r really good i got 2 set's of 6' splits in my doors n they go harder nethin else ive had b4.. but there subs anit as good.. i found that fusion r betta in the subs...

jonna lomu sereies come in a camera style carry case

Nate
17-05-2005, 08:50 PM
i have two soundstream rubicons, made in the US, love em!

goldsp
17-05-2005, 09:07 PM
i have two soundstream rubicons, made in the US, love em!

still made in the US thats rare

twilightprotege
17-05-2005, 09:26 PM
arent most good quality speakers made in america?

chicaboo
17-05-2005, 09:35 PM
IF I ever get around to doing my door speakers (5x7" front and 6" rear I think?), do you guys reckon Soundstream are good enough to achieve nice crystal clear clarity high quality sound? Some have said that Alpine DD Linear and Boston Acoustic are very good (but expensive) aswell.
Oh yeah, I won't be amping mine, I just want better quality, and a self powered subwoofer maybe soon after?

Gav.

twilightprotege
17-05-2005, 09:40 PM
blah, get a good quality cheap amp

imo, you wont gain much quality from just changing the stock speakers out.

-BraXta-
17-05-2005, 09:56 PM
i went to a stereo place and listened to ..
Bostons
Pioneer
Kenwood
Sony
Alpine
Fusion
JVC
and soundstream

And i got to say that i reakon that the bostons sounded the best out of the group..

and i got a old boston amp thats running my sub beautifully now and i would trust boston for their build quality =D

and i think the bostons sound nice off the deck too... =D i think thats how the stereo place had em hooked up...

mysp20
18-05-2005, 12:38 PM
I used ot have a Soundstream Exact 10" Sub and even with minimal power the sub was very clear but deep.

I think they have very good quality and would get one again. Given the magnet and rubber surround the Exact was great for SPL but also sounded great with all differet types of music.

andrewgrazier
18-05-2005, 01:41 PM
ive heard good things too
althoguh i have noticed they have been as expensive as most alpine stuff, if not more

BigBoyLemonade
18-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Best sound equipment ever, thats my opinion...

There new stuff is as good as the old stuff! You just gotta spend good money.

Excellent SPL if you choose the right sub or excellent SQ or a bit of both. Just listen to what you like.

goldsp
18-05-2005, 04:40 PM
yeh i have herd from me bro's mate that there gear is the bomb, i personally like alpine but apparently there subs and amps go very very well.

i have had no experience its just what i have herd

chicaboo
18-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Does soundstream do a self powered sub like Alpine? I like the idea of taking it out easily for practicalies sake...

goldsp
19-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Does soundstream do a self powered sub like Alpine? I like the idea of taking it out easily for practicalies sake...

alpine are the bomb

tidy protege
20-05-2005, 12:41 AM
ill second my bros motion alpine is the bomb, but there are so many other great brands out there and yes soundstream does fall on that list along with botson, rockford. listen to all the different variations and choose based of what your ears tell you, sound is something that is very personalised you will like and dislike some subs. I personally love the sound of a nice punchy 10" subwoofer. But when you spending money in a particular price bracket generally you will pick up the same quality of product across the various brands.

Alpine and Soundstream are by no means cheap but you pay for what you get, if you pay that little bit extra it will pay off dividends with maximun grin factor.All the best and keep us posted.

Nate
20-05-2005, 10:02 AM
eclipse is pretty damn solid too

saying that i was pretty impressed with a head unit Ian and myself saw yesterday ... poineer usually $350 i think, and they are throwing in a set of $79 6 inch speakers all for $300 ..

mcwilly
20-05-2005, 12:46 PM
i have top of the line jvc splits and they arent to bad for wat i payed, i dont have any amps or subs but wen the time comes i will be changing to alpine gear to finish the system off.

tidy protege
21-05-2005, 09:01 AM
the thing you always have to remmember is the mark up on lower end gear is huge, alot of shop would be making hundreds out of cheaper gear, its the more expensive stuff where the shops dont make ****, so nate 300 bucks probably does sound cheap but i reakon that they still would be making 150 to 100 bucks on that despite what they tell you,

Chris your speakers sound pretty good and i dont mind jvc speakers and decks, i dont know much about there amps or subs but if your happy with the Alpine gear i say go for it man.

Nate
21-05-2005, 09:08 AM
the thing you always have to remmember is the mark up on lower end gear is huge, alot of shop would be making hundreds out of cheaper gear, its the more expensive stuff where the shops dont make ****, so nate 300 bucks probably does sound cheap but i reakon that they still would be making 150 to 100 bucks on that despite what they tell you,

Chris your speakers sound pretty good and i dont mind jvc speakers and decks, i dont know much about there amps or subs but if your happy with the Alpine gear i say go for it man.

i dont doubt that craig ... seeing as all i did was walk in and sa this is my budget and i have just been to strathfield ... what can you do ... but also fully sik autobahn also do installs ... so what you save on the purchasing they could deffinately make up somewhere else! what would they charge to put in a headunit and front speakers? $100 ... and it would take them 20 mins?? at the most?

tidy protege
21-05-2005, 09:13 AM
i dont doubt that craig ... seeing as all i did was walk in and sa this is my budget and i have just been to strathfield ... what can you do ... but also fully sik autobahn also do installs ... so what you save on the purchasing they could deffinately make up somewhere else! what would they charge to put in a headunit and front speakers? $100 ... and it would take them 20 mins?? at the most?

try to bargin them back, twist their arm to the point where they want you to leave the shop and take it at a heaps cheaper price, we found out what the cost price was for my old subs so when our friends go in there wanting some we know how low we can push them.

by the way whats jb hi fi like up there, cause down my way you can walk out with half the shop having payed peanuts, cause they are the biggest discount merchants.

mcwilly
21-05-2005, 06:32 PM
yea i got my gear from jb hi fi. my head deck was meant to be a grand and i got the deck splits and 2ways for 1100 i was so happy

goldsp
21-05-2005, 07:03 PM
yea i got my gear from jb hi fi. my head deck was meant to be a grand and i got the deck splits and 2ways for 1100 i was so happy

sounds pretty good too man , thumbs up

dvestate
26-05-2005, 02:41 PM
I love Soundstream stuff, very clear and pump hard......

I'll be picking up a 12" Sub shortly, great gear...

In saying that Boston are awesome also, Alpine are the best of the major commercial brands :)

goldsp
26-05-2005, 02:49 PM
I love Soundstream stuff, very clear and pump hard......

I'll be picking up a 12" Sub shortly, great gear...

In saying that Boston are awesome also, Alpine are the best of the major commercial brands :)

yep you are so right.

boston are very good , but alpine is the best in the large market against your brands sold at jb hi-fi .

boston is probably better the alpine , but its in a different market aiming at hicher end systems

Nate
26-05-2005, 10:33 PM
i just purchased a new amp ($220 cheapy from JB, got it for $160, was already on sale and i haggled them down further :p), and even with a basic amp, **** those subs are awesome, but as said earlier in the thread they are the US made ones ... but yeah ... love em :D :D :D