PDA

View Full Version : Expressions of interest for my SP20 boot instal

Critter
10-08-2004, 04:04 PM
As the topic suggests, and I think this is only practical for NSW SP20 owners......

Those regulars who have seen it, will know this boot instal, those who haven't seen it, look here
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/icixnation/images/665_Finished_lit_010.jpg
Everything "as new condition"

This is a FULLY integrated boot instal that will simply "plug-in" to any SP20 boot, very high quality finish in carpet that matches the underside of the hatch cover when opened etc. Also switch lit with halogens.

What is for sale hardware-wise is optimised for the JL slash series amps that are being used (false-floor cut-outs etc).

2 Phoenix Gold Titanium Series 12" dual 4 subs in individual 31 litre sealed enclosures, less than 12 months old.
JL 300/4 amp currently running bridged to front stage.
JL 500/1 is the sub amp, I want to keep this for the new instal, but is a current model, been around long enough to buy a good one second hand (there is one at CAA for sale atm)
Phoenix Gold Titanium fused distribution block set in the false floor which is also independently switch-lit.

I will also have a set of Morel Hybrid front stage components for sale.
HCW 6.5 mid-bass drivers (3" voice coils) MX2 xovers and MT22 tweeters.

This is a very high quality SQL system simply looking for cables and a head-unit with 2 rca outs (and replacement sub amp....) and you are set with something quite special as people around here who have seen and heard it will attest.
All timberwork and finishing done by "the man" Mark Potts himself.

If you are interested talk to me about price, timing etc please feel free to discuss.

I am waiting for some stuff to come from the States for the new instal which is to be a full show-level SQ competition system with hand-built front-stage amp etc.

Wanting this to go to a good home, a LOT of work went into developing this, you can even access the spare wheel underneath in about 10-15 minutes.

Zed
10-08-2004, 06:33 PM
If only I didn't need my boot space... :roll:

So what exactly have you got planned for your next system Critter? Or is it top secret at this stage? :P

Critter
10-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Partially secret......:)

pm me for details, but if it gets around, you're a dead man!!!

JynX
11-08-2004, 07:20 AM
I would be interested in the front speakers. Let me know your timeline and wants :)

Critter
11-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Will do Jynx.
There is stuff arriving in the next few weeks, prolly looking at 4-6 weeks realistically before the new system is a runner.

Pic of the boot instal now available here
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/icixnation/images/665_Finished_lit_010.jpg

JynX
11-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Suits me.

KittyKatSmack
12-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Your car is simply gorgeous and your system is awesome!

I have always loved your car Critter.

Can't wait to see what you have in store next!

:twisted:

CRA23
12-08-2004, 06:03 PM
how many ins and outs on the distribution block, i may be interested in that 2....

thx Tim

Critter
15-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Yeah, the distro block will prolly have to go for something bigger......
Is in the PG Ti style with a window, about 115 x 100mm total size.
You can see it in the pic in the false floor between the amps.

It has 2 x 0 gauge inputs, that can go from 90 degree different input directions and 4 x 4 gauge fused outputs with led lights, blue for "all good" and red for "fault condition", leds swtichable on and off. Takes AWG glass tube style fuses.

The limitation of this device is the size of the available fuses, limited to 60 amps per output.