PDA

View Full Version : Subs, What to get??

CRA23
11-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Im finally lookin at gettin new subs after my old ones were stolen earlyer this year, i have brought the feild down to 2 maybe 3 subs, heres the criterer they have to fit in to, 12" , duel 4ohm voice coil, 1 amp per sub, goin in to a sealed box and must look kewl :) i dont really want over powering bass, i am in the process of building a SQ system, i know 10's are better for SQ but i just want the 12's so i can show off :)

here is what ive come down 2...

1) Alpine Type R 12" duel 4ohm and from the last time i checked they were around the $400 mark new.

2) Rockford Fosgates new Punch P3 12" duel 4ohm, it dont look to shabby, havent heard them cos no one has them yet and i dont have a final price on them.

and the last is a maybe but i dont think i need subs this powerfull, Rockford Fosgates new Power T1 sub 12" duel 4ohm, its says its 600Wrms and it has duel spiders and a kewler lookin magnet/basket then the P3 but i think they were in the $700-800 each price bracket, im very doughtfull i will be gettin these.

if anyone has any other subs that they r any good post em and i will give them a consided.

thx Tim

CityEnd
11-08-2004, 03:22 PM
there is a brand new 12" type r currently on sale on another forum for $330.

http://www.exclusive-auto.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1380

sorry i can't help u other then that.. don't have much experience with different subs

JynX
11-08-2004, 03:23 PM
have you looked at critters FS items?

Critter
11-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Ah, yes, a pair of Phoenix Gold Titanium 12s in dual 4s, genuine SQ subs and in a high quality dual 31 litre wsealed enclosure.

Likely I will split the boot instal up, if so, we could do a deal, but freighting top Byron? Oh, boy......nice drive :)

They handle truckloads of power too, 18mm xmax.....and look funky (see pic at my Expressions of interest post).

Prolly about 4 weeks they become available.

CRA23
11-08-2004, 08:37 PM
im seriosly considering them, ive herd them before and they r nice :) PM me with a price for both subs, i dont need the box goin to build a custom showy install :)

thx Tim

andrewgrazier
13-08-2004, 04:11 PM
my brother has a 15 inch alpine type R

its massive n deadly
turn it up loud and you have trouble breathing

its all good fun thoguh!