PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged Astina

Astina RSA
21-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Has anyone supercharged a 1.8 Astina yet? I need some advice regarding how and where to fit the charger. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Brad
South Africa

BigMal
22-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I kicked the idea around for a while pre-turbo but in the end the more I wanted
the more a GTX motor for an extra $500 over a blower became the better option.

Have a look at this string. It was this guys car in zoom that got me interested.

http://www.fordlaser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11791&start=0

Regards

Mal

BULLET
14-10-2009, 03:06 AM
I know this is old but dose anyone know of anyone that has done it before i would like to supercharge my astina.
thanks

BigBoyLemonade
16-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I've heard of some guy using a toyota supercharger off a corolla and it worked but didn't really get the results he wanted out of it

70NYD
16-10-2009, 10:04 PM
its a small engine, i dont think its worth supercharging it really. yes there are suppercharged demios but those chargers are designed for a small driving input.. save ur self truble and turbo it, its easier and more rewarding..
if u want rewards out of a supercharger go muscle car and again get a charger thats designed for those figures

NaughtyGT
17-10-2009, 05:20 AM
^^^ These engines respond better to turbos & have greater potential going this way. SC's are for engines capable of larger torque. Turbos, matched with proper power/weight ratio give better results. Finally, you would have to build the engine far stronger as SC's are harder on engines. Turbos work well on these engines without any modification at all as long as you keep boost down & avoid detonation. Read about detonation & fuel supply as obviously, when blowing a motor, reliability is the key!

I am a turbo man yet, the MX5 I recently purchased which has a B6ZE 1600 engine goes hard as stock, non-turboed. Quite impressve with simply extractors & a good system. Yes I'd love to turbo it for acceleration purposes but it still is fun to fang out the stock donk.

My advice, think/research hard the pros & cons. Whilst it is madness to compare stock applications with turbos, you have to know the right routes to take for it all to happen reliably.

S373N
18-10-2009, 02:58 AM
can i supercharge my 1990 bg sohc?