PDA

View Full Version : Poly suspension bushes

Mark.T
29-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know of a supplier of Poly bushes for the BA? I know Whiteline do the ones that come with the swaybar and caster adjustment, but is there anyone who does the rest?

I've tried asking one of the UK manufacturers if they'd make a set, but I don't think we'll be able to get enough interest through our club for them to do it.

I've had a search on the forum but couldn't find anything.

Cheers,

Mark

www.maz323f.co.uk/forum

GrimReaper
29-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Does anyone know of a supplier of Poly bushes for the BA?

we have a supplyer in norway if needed, i can ask him, and post it here....

i have ALL poly bushes for my car, 90 FBG. :lol: handles like a dream, but u need to use a workshop with a force-thingy(??? u know, to press some of the bushes in place)

grim

Mark.T
30-09-2004, 07:15 AM
That would be great if you could, GrimReaper.

Cheers,

Mark

platypus
30-09-2004, 09:29 PM
ok, what you need to do is find yourself a polyurethane manufacturer

i spoke with one here in aus, and their rates were pretty good, just take the said part to them, they will amke a mold, and get one happening for ya, particularly good, if you want exhaust bushes, or shifter bushings.... not to mention engine mounts...

polyurethane comes in 14 different hardness profiles, so chat to them and i'm sure they can recommend the corect one for your application!!

Mark.T
01-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Might just look into that if I have to.

Cheers ahb11m.

Mark

GrimReaper
09-10-2004, 09:32 PM
see theres a few Qs on polybushes.
i have a supplyer here in norway if theres anyone who needs bushes in sweden, denmark, norway, uk, and around there....
just msg me... :D

grim

Mark.T
24-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Just thought I'd do an update...

I got my Polyurethane Suspension bushes finally. They were supplied by Super Pro (UK) (www.superpro.eu.com) (thanks to GimReaper for the contact) - I think you have these guys in Aus, as this is where my bushes came from (through a UK distributor). They hadn't been fitted to UK spec car, so they supplied the full kit to me for half price (they even threw in a cap ;) ), and if any didn't fit they'd refund the money - all postage free.

I installed them alongside my local friendly mechanic, it took all day. The main issues were the anti-roll bar link arms (replacement nuts are M10 x 1.25 for reference :) ) and the front anti-roll bar bushes are hard to get to, so we didn't bother. The main bushes were all fairly straight forward. Rear swing arm bushes are the easiest! - one of which was shafted anyway (I wondered what that noise was :) ).

Has made quite a difference! The streeing is a lot more precise :)

There's pics of the bushes here (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tiptop/Mods/Poly_Bushes.htm) - ignore the link arm bushes as they're the wrong ones!

Club 323F now has a %25 discount for them.

Mark

Rupewrecht
25-02-2005, 12:20 AM
yep, i've got the Superpro bushes up the front of mine in the lower control arms - they're dark blue, right?

Mark.T
25-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Nah, mine are Purple: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tiptop/Mods/Poly_Bushes.htm

You should do the rear swing arms aswell - they're so easy to do! - It'll take you an hour tops on your driveway to change all four swing arm bushes.

Mark

www.club323f.com

boostedbatman
25-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Them looks blue to me. I have the same kit as you (plus rear swaybar and strutbrace with quick release bolts) but I have some yellow caster adjustable front control arm bushes as well (KCA337)
Super Pro btw are the same bushes Whiteline use

platypus
25-02-2005, 07:16 AM
fulcrum suspensions do these down here
www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/

Cosmo Dude
25-02-2005, 11:59 AM
My front suspension is being fitted with a mixture of whatever I can get my hands on. I like the 929 but damn it's difficult (and expensive) to get parts for it.

Mark.T
25-02-2005, 06:52 PM
If you look closely at the packaging, mine are 'by Fulcrum'.

And they're Purple ;)

I got my replacment rear ARB bushes yesterday, so they'll go on as well sometime.

:)

Mark

platypus
25-02-2005, 08:14 PM
hehe, damn you kinda spoiled me looking smart there :p

Mark.T
25-02-2005, 09:07 PM
:)

Mark

nalawa
02-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Another option for Polyurethane bushes is Noltec.

http://www.noltec.com.au/

They are an Aussie company based out of Thornleigh in Sydney. No idea what their products are like but they do a range of bushes for BG/BA/BJ model Astinas. Even do camber/caster adjustable front strut mounts. Seem to remember someone in the forums once saying they tried another company for these with no luck.

Anyway FYI

Chris

platypus
02-03-2005, 11:44 AM
hmm if thats their location, i might check into some motor mounts

platypus
02-03-2005, 12:00 PM
hmm second thoughts they are v. expensive.. might be best to contact them

chipa
02-03-2005, 06:20 PM
hmm second thoughts they are v. expensive..

Now that is a serious understatement!

troubl
11-04-2005, 08:52 PM
when running around chasin parts up here, fulcrum told me i can only get these sway-bar balljoint links @ 2 places... mazda & ford.
is there any evidence to contradict this ?

boostedbatman
13-04-2005, 03:33 AM
when running around chasin parts up here, fulcrum told me i can only get these sway-bar balljoint links @ 2 places... mazda & ford.
is there any evidence to contradict this ?
Read this (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3855&page=2) thread to answer your balljoint fiasco and you will see where your being given the bum steer .
There is no need to replace the ball joints unless busted........PERIOD

Astro Boy
13-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Noltec is run by a guy who used to head fulcrum.. before he ran off to do his own thing... MUCH better product and quality than Fulcrum, and for that you will pay....

speedyj
24-04-2005, 07:35 AM
I need bushings for my 323F BG to rear trailing arms, any idea where to buy??