PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline Wheel Alignment Settings - Swaybars

arden
07-10-2004, 12:16 AM
http://www.msprotege.com/members/sabrelli/sway%20003.jpg

platypus
07-10-2004, 01:05 AM
but i guess the big question is... how does it perform??

twilightprotege
07-10-2004, 07:52 AM
gee they changed a fair few settings - but what's with the camber and caster being different for each side???

i know it's probably to have the car move to the left if you let go of the steering wheel, but that's not best for handling (well i assume)...

SFC01
07-10-2004, 08:36 AM
Biggest change is going to effectively zero toe front and rear. That should really help turn in. Looks like the changes in caster/camber are a result of that adjustment to me.

Arden have you made the front strut adjustment to lift caster by 30' ?

You should be able to effect some small handling changes by manipulating tyre pressures. Small being the operative word.

twilightprotege
07-10-2004, 10:43 AM
ps - i hate how places say +/- figures. i would pay that bit extra $$$ to get it spot on or atleast within a far smaller +/- area

Rupewrecht
07-10-2004, 03:20 PM
gee they changed a fair few settings - but what's with the camber and caster being different for each side???

i know it's probably to have the car move to the left if you let go of the steering wheel, but that's not best for handling (well i assume)...

its usually to account for a roads natural lean to the left (for drailage purposes etc

ezin
07-10-2004, 07:40 PM
They have set that up well, would drive nice and straight

Because its lowered a couple of things have changed when it was put back together, Eg rear camber is different (does not have camber bolts in rear) So what u do to get this setting to exactly -1.30 degrees on each side is undo the bottom strut bolts and get another person to pull the bottom of the disc out while pushing in on the strut where the brake line goes through, Then while he's doing that, tighten up the bolts on the strut, this will give u maximum negative camber on the rear and then set it to +0.1-2 toe on both sides. The front have adjustable camber bolts in it otherwise it would have positive camber due to lowering effect, U can stuff around and try and get both sides set to -1 degree camber (takes a bit of stuffing around) then once u have that set the toe to +0.1 and ur car will handle like its on rails.

If u have a look at the L/H/F kingpin inclination it has more and is slightly out of spec & that wheel has more negative camber. i personally wouldnt worry about that because it looks to me like lazer head could have been slightly out at the bottom, if im right the negative camber on that wheel will be exactly -1 degree from when they lowered it. This would not really effect the toe adjustment they have done

The wheel alignment is very good on that printout, i just fiddled around on mine to get it exact cause its my own car .
Question-Does ur car drive perfectly? cause i think i would.

SFC01
08-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Ezin,

do you work in M'ton or local? Considering the wheel alignment route next myself (but not lowered though). I figure removing some toe to reduce stability would be of benefit to me (don't want to go so far as rear toe out though) + increasing rear camber as far as possible should help dial out some lift off oversteer. Any recommendations local for a good alignment?

ezin
08-10-2004, 06:01 PM
I do wheel alignments at subaru in morington, just say u would like nath to do it! i will reconise the car. Or ask to speak to me.

SFC01
11-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Schweet! Will do then.

Cosmo Dude
11-10-2004, 06:59 PM
I may do soon as well. First I need to make sure the front wheels are round :oops: I think I've dinged one of the rims.

-BraXta-
11-10-2004, 10:33 PM
*looks at sheet... face starts to look puzzled... Falls outta chair like one of those confused anime characters..*

ok thats just jibberish to me... maybe i should read more posts about it =P heheh

Riceboy
14-10-2004, 02:19 AM
did u notice that they only really made the toe closest to zero ... they didnt change much else...

hm... wat would b a sorta perfect setting ? ....

i guess with diff mods on cars would have diff perf settings ey ....

ezin
14-10-2004, 07:28 PM
ha yeah cool, rice, ur right they only did the toes but thats ok, everything is very close. I personally would set the rear to +0.2 each side and +0.1 on the fronts. += toe in. -means toe out.

If u dont really know what i mean its easy to get a better understanding of these if u play GranTurismo3, When u set up the cars suspension and select each area to adjust, a sliding window comes up and gives u a great explination of what these things are and what they do to the car.