PDA

View Full Version : Indicators on the side mirrors for BJ?

preeman80
20-10-2004, 10:01 PM
I know the 3 has it? does the BJ? BJII? Can we get them...

this way i wont have to move my indicators to the front bar, I can just cover up the holes...

Rupewrecht
21-10-2004, 10:24 AM
if you go aftermarket mirrors it shouldnt be a problem

there's the M3-style ones with indicators in them

my mirrors came with the indicator option too

and someone has adapted Accord Euro mirrors onto a BA, which isnt that much different to a BJ

Nate
21-10-2004, 10:28 AM
i need new mirrors ...hmm could be an option

Tublade
21-10-2004, 11:19 AM
yeah i'm getting the Accord Euro mirrors on to my car, but they're going to cost me about $700 to get the pair brand new, but i know some that will fit the lights for me for free, but if you want to get the M3 style one the cost about $300 black with indicator or $350 chrome with indicator from autobarn.

preeman80
24-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Well, went to autojoy and saw the lights there.. and they dont help me, since I want to remove my side indicators, the indicators on the side mirrors still render my car illegal.

I need side mirror indicators that wrap right around to the edge, so it can be seen from behind the car.

preeman80
06-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Given up on the mirrors, cant afford to get the Accord mirrors or the Merc mirrors. None of the mirrors on the market can make my car legal after I take the side indicator off.

So... I think I am going down the path of the Porsche 4WD and the Magna AWD with the indicators being on the bumper and in the wheel arches, so I will move my indicator to the bumper like the US cars, secondly add another indicator in my wheel arch...

Started looking for parts, will keep you guys posted on what happens next!

preeman80
07-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Ok so far.. checked out a spot, will post pictures soon, just in line with where the bumper meets the front quarter panel. seems like a spot that even with the 19"s it is visible from high (think 4wd driver) and low (think as low as a ferrari driver) positions.

Went to auto joy they have these funky really flat clear indicators... thinking of using them.. does any one know a cheaper place to get really flat indicators? the standard ones are too thick.. they would scrub against the tyres :cry: ... (damn 19"s)