PDA

View Full Version : Parking light regulations

lamby1986
26-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Well the short of it all is that one of my parking lights have gone, and being a bg thats noticable. now apart from being weird looking to have only one parker on, is it illegal? i know its illegal to only have one headlight on, but does this apply to parkers too?

its just that im too busy to go and get a new one right now if i dont have too.

Cosmo Dude
26-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Cops will only pull you over for a parking light if you're calling attention to your self or have 'P' plates.
All external lamps should be in working condition, even the number plate ones.

lamby1986
26-10-2004, 08:15 PM
p plate? :cry: well, it should be done soon. just not within the week.

Nate
28-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Well the short of it all is that one of my parking lights have gone, and being a bg thats noticable. now apart from being weird looking to have only one parker on, is it illegal? i know its illegal to only have one headlight on, but does this apply to parkers too?

its just that im too busy to go and get a new one right now if i dont have too.

it takes two minutes with a phillips head screwdriver ... simply unscrew the screw and pull hte light from that side ... then plug hte globe ... and put in the new one!

CityEnd
28-10-2004, 10:37 AM
just do it.. it's easy only take a couple of mins

but i was lazy like u and only had one parker light for abt a yr.. actually my excuse was i wanted to convert my light system simular to the j spec... but in the end couldn't be bothered and just went and got the globe at repco and it's done and finish...

lamby1986
28-10-2004, 09:06 PM
changing the bulb i have time for, its the buying the bulb part that im too busy for. and on that note, i have two assignments to finish before tomorow

lamby1986
30-10-2004, 10:26 PM
parker light replaced. man it was cheap: $1.05 for one bulb.

so my car has now cost me in parts $4.95. 1 headlight, 1 parker