PDA

View Full Version : Christmas has come early at the batcave

boostedbatman
27-10-2004, 03:17 AM
Afetr putting up with failing suspension and being stuffed around before the ford laser cruise the Adelaide Jap JIC coilovers have arrived. I felt like a little kid on christmas morning opening the package. They are progressive rate springs with adjustable topsat the top. I had ordered a set of camber adjustment bolts for the front and rear which I should recieve within the next few weeks. But I wont need the front set anymore so anyone interested in the front set shoul message me, they will fit the BA. Its been a long night fitting them and even cost me a broken jack but my goodness it was worth it. Damn those rears take a while. I will post a few pics in the next few days so keep your eyes on this thred for the updates. :D :D :D

twilightprotege
27-10-2004, 06:29 AM
schweet :D

Dogo
27-10-2004, 02:59 PM
ahhh i noticed they were sold.

those things were sitting there for yeeears!
i remember looking at them and decided i'd want suspension i could trust.

looking forward to pics etc.

project.r.racing
27-10-2004, 05:33 PM
yeah, i neally bought them too, but would have needed to reset the front as i have the BP engine, hope it all works out, plz send pics

ryan

boostedbatman
28-10-2004, 03:12 AM
Yeah i kept looking at them and saying one day and then I thought what the heck.
they need a visit to a suspension shop for a good service, you can tell theyve been off car for a while but the car looks pretty staunch now. will be getting new tyres this week so I'm going to get them checked out at the same time (goona miss the front left tyre and its missing chunks of rubber Andy 8) ) Will get the camber worked out correctly too

Nate
28-10-2004, 10:03 AM
:) :) :) :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Rupewrecht
28-10-2004, 10:17 AM
does this mean i can have your old struts now? ;)

Nate
28-10-2004, 10:39 AM

do you really want them?? they are gooonnneeee

boostedbatman
28-10-2004, 04:57 PM
you can have all six 4 front and two rears. I had a bit of S!@# going on with ex wife last time and had to commit to other stuff and AGT had to wait. But the divorce etc is all gone and forgotten. I will be going into pedders in the next few days to give the JICs a full look over and so I will get the stockers sent to South melbourne if you want or you can have more

pr1mo
28-10-2004, 08:01 PM
nyeh ill take the leftovers...danny boy owes me anyway :P

Cosmo Dude
28-10-2004, 08:35 PM
I am not sure what Dan is up to but the easiest way to keep suspension geometry somewhat correct is to use parts that havn't been too butchered. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh and I havn't asked why either. I'm sure Dan has a plan :D

Rupewrecht
30-10-2004, 07:57 PM
you can have all six 4 front and two rears. I had a bit of S!@# going on with ex wife last time and had to commit to other stuff and AGT had to wait. But the divorce etc is all gone and forgotten. I will be going into pedders in the next few days to give the JICs a full look over and so I will get the stockers sent to South melbourne if you want or you can have more

i'll take them all! That'd be fabulous :D

boostedbatman
31-10-2004, 06:25 AM

Ah a man with a plan, its good to see someone with hopes and dreams :shock:
Especially seeing that the BA shocks can be rebuilt :P And above all else, if you dont try you'll never know. Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Rupewrecht
31-10-2004, 09:36 PM

Ah a man with a plan, its good to see someone with hopes and dreams :shock:
Especially seeing that the BA shocks can be rebuilt :P And above all else, if you dont try you'll never know. Nothing ventured, nothing gained

pretty much! it'll be interesting to see if i get the chassis rails on the ground ;)