PDA

View Full Version : A weighty issue

skippy
28-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Wanting to upgrade my stock mags,

And I was a wondering what is the weight of the current ones I have?
they are the stock 16 for the V6 BA (thus 5 stud),

oh yeah what is difference between, good quality and cheap wheels? Looking at a pair that are quite reasonably priced and was thinking hmm why not, weight is one thing, strenght the other major concern.

Weight and strenght I imagine but do some have a bit of flex or something I am not thinking of?

Heard you can repair the more expensive rims but is that just because you can get a new pair of cheapies for the price of getting them repaired.

boostedbatman
28-10-2004, 06:03 PM
what brand of cheapies do you mean as not all decent mags are expensive (eg: age of model, popularity, manufacturers destination etc ) a lot of detriment of rims comes down to choice of tyre profile and road condition as the rubber is the suspension component for the rims, so youve got to think of how and where you drive

GrimReaper
28-10-2004, 06:04 PM
price, and weight/strength/looks go hand in hand! :)

but off course, u have some superfly wheels, lookin great, but once u hit a bump higher than 2 mm, the rim breaks, cause its so on the edge of what`s possible.

btw, repearing a rim isnt that expencive.... at least not up here.. :)

grim

geetee
29-10-2004, 05:47 AM
solution?

buy the cheap rims and if you break them, send them to norway for repairs!!!!! :lol: :wink:

i wouldn`t think that even the cheapest rims would be THAT bad for you to worry about busting them.
just make sure you check the tyre pressures at least weekly :wink:

skippy
29-10-2004, 04:35 PM
I wanted to run 17 x 7.5 (or7.0) rims with R17 40 215 tyres.

I live in Sydney and haven't seen a dirt road for about 3 months at least,

But down the hill from me is a pot hole a family of hobbits could live in.

sydney roads are crap

so hmm advise??

pr1mo
29-10-2004, 07:32 PM
go 17" buy decent ones. (personal prefrence) dont buy chrome ones.....my mags have taken a few inintended hits to smallish potholes etc. still firing on all cyliners :)

cheers mike

skippy
02-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Found another set I like, whats the score on Lenso Wheels