PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS INTERESTED IN A CRUISE TO AUTO SALON FINAL BATTLE

tidy protege
03-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Hey everyone i was wondering if anyone from the Newcastle or Central Coast area is interested in having a cruise down to this year's AUTO SALON FINAL BATTLE in Sydney.

It would be a great opportunity to see some seriously wild rides, get great some idea's and contacts from some from Australias most respected modifiers and tunners.

Im not sure about dates yet but i have heard that some days are better than other days down there so some feedback on your experiances would be great as i havent been before.

Cheers, Tidy

KittyKatSmack
03-11-2004, 05:53 PM
I have been TRYING to get to Autosalon for ages.....

How about a big meetup?

I would love to come up and say g'day to everyone.

When is it on?

tidy protege
03-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Not sure when its on but like you it would like to have a big meet up in sydney, as it would be good to put some faces to some names.

I think its on in early december but ill have to find out some proper dates.

tidy protege
03-11-2004, 06:08 PM
AUTO SALON - FINAL BATTLE SYDNEY 4 - 5 DECEMBER SYDNEY SHOWGROUND OLYMPIC PARK

KittyKatSmack
03-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Sounds Fantasurismo!

I feel a group hug coming on........ :lol:

Melbourne Peeps are welcome to stay over and drive to Sydney with us!

Red Frog: guess who's coming to dinner!!! LOL

Oi Nate, can you stay for this???????

lamby1986
03-11-2004, 06:32 PM
im planning on going to final battle, so i'll join in any group activitiness :D

tidy protege
03-11-2004, 09:03 PM
excellent the more the marrier, tell everyone to come.

Its a great opportunity for everyone to catch up

BigBoyLemonade
04-11-2004, 06:53 AM
I'll be going! Where you guys plan meeting up? Which day too?

sik astina
04-11-2004, 07:36 AM
Im already entered :D Come and say hi :)

KittyKatSmack
04-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Hey,

It sounds like it's going to be all good fun!!!

Tony: are you going to stay overnight or just do a daytrip?

Sik: FINALLY I get to see you at AutoSalon
OddRod: as above

damned good sh!t I say!!!!!

:D

JynX
04-11-2004, 11:08 AM
ill be sitting with mick most of the event keeping him comany with the lovely leanne.

Mizda_Mazda
04-11-2004, 12:48 PM
I'll prob head up then as well, aslong as i haven't failed any exams/assignments.

Matt
04-11-2004, 02:59 PM
ill be going there all weekend coz the club that i am with will be there. although my car wont be there but you can have a look at some of the cars that we have in the club. look out for me i will have the TeamDream shirt with my name on it (matt :lol: )

skippy
04-11-2004, 03:14 PM
I went to an Auto Salon in Sydney under 6 months ago,

Is there two a year?

When is this one??

Shall mossey on over and say Howdy,

KittyKatSmack
04-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Dammit we need AstinaGT T Shirts........ NOW!!!

:shock:
did I say that out loud??????

:oops:

:lol:

tidy protege
04-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah there is two a year in sydney the one coming up in december is final battle

Im glad a few people are interested in going

Nate
05-11-2004, 12:21 PM
im in 8)

will be staying in bexley ... anyone else from the southside going ... come on ye hobits from the shire!

KittyKatSmack
05-11-2004, 02:09 PM
w00t Nate!!!

so are we going to make it an official Meet at AutoSalon then?

it's all yours tidy protege!!!!

May the force be with you, LOL

tidy protege
06-11-2004, 06:23 PM
why not im up for an Official Auto Salon meet what ever that means, as i have said the more the marier

i have spoken to so many people on this forum and i have so many faces to match to the names, so i see this as potentially a good way for us all to meet up. Good thing is my exams finish before auto salon so i dont have to worry about them clashing.

Anyway i hate to get formal but at this stage these are my plans please put your imput in.

Im planning to leave Newcastle at 8.00 am Saturday the 4th of December, im not a 100% sure on dates so this will probably change.

Hopefully i will be at the centeral coast by 9.00 or 9.30

Then i will proceed on to the show, which i think is at Homebush but im not a 100% sure. Im hoping that we will be at the show by 10.30-11.00

I think it would be all good if we were to meet before we go into the show so that we can all park together, then im thinking we spend about 3 to 4 hours at the show and then i wouldnt mind a small cruise some where we can all relax and have a chat before our trips home.

Hopefully we will have laft Sydney by about 4 or 5 and i wouldnt mind being home by 7 or 8.

Sorry about my vaugness but this is my first trip to Auto Salon and the first cruise which i am trying to plan, also there is the fact that i am not overly famila with sydney so it would be good if i was to go down in a cruise as there is less chance of me and others who arnt familiar with Sydney getting lost.

The ball is now in your court peoples, so it would be good for some feedback, i would greatly appreciate some assistance as i have never lined up a cruise like this before.

Cheers, Tidy

KittyKatSmack
08-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Very organised tidy protege

much more organised than we are!!!!

If we are meeting up at 10.30-11am, then we also have to think about lunch.

Aaron and I will consider staying in Sydney again, but not at the same Bondi Motel :lol:

Keep up the great work tidy protege!!

tidy protege
09-11-2004, 11:02 PM
i was thinking, although not flash we could have lunch at the McDonalds at Homebush. There we would be able to all stop have a yarn with each other, maybe grab some happy snaps of each others cars and trade contact details for future refferance as this will not be the last cruise we will go on.

Although a while away i am already getting some possible ideas for next years Annual Newcastle Cruise on the Australia Day long weekend. I know this year was big, however i think next year can be much bigger as from what i have seen since joining in may/june alot of people have joined and people are interested in cruising now!!!!

KittyKatSmack
10-11-2004, 09:30 AM
*sigh*

I have no problems whatsoever with a cruise to Newcastle on the Australia Day Long Weekend, but it is NOT the ANNUAL ASTINAGT CRUISE.

not having a go at you tidy protege, it just seems that there are some communication issues with everyone about it all.

The Annual Cruise was cancelled this year due to lack of interest.

The Annual Cruise used to be the October long weekend that coincided with Oktoberfest here in Canberra, but it only happened once.

The Annual AstinaGT Cruise has to be somewhere that nationwide members can attend, not just Sydney and northern NSW members.
We must consider our Victorian members who are active on this site.

By all means, go for an Australia Day Long Weekend Cruise, I'm all for it, and would try to attend.

Back to the topic at hand: AutoSalon Meet!

I am not keen on McDonalds.
I would like lunch somewhere decent if possible.
Surely there has to be somewhere that can do a decent countermeal, or a nice cafe?

We did a stop at Macca's last weekend and it is usually a **** fight.
Lots of other cars, screaming kids (mostly just me, lol) and just not a nice place to take group piccies.

Surely, as a group, we can do better than McDonalds!!!!!

:shock:

tidy protege
10-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks for clearing up what an annual cruise is, i have heard the term flying around alot since i joined the forum, so it was my bad. im glad i didnt make a thread called the annual newcastle cruise i would have made an absolute clown of myself.

I wouldnt mind soon starting to make plans for the cruise as if more time and dffort is put into the day the bigger success it will be, i recall a while back seeing the photos of this years cruise and kicked myself for not being a member as i had an opportunity to join last year but forgot to.

Back to the Auto Salon Meet, i am more than happy to go anywhere for lunch and like you i wouldnt mind going somewhere better than Mc Donalds im just not familiar with sydney and all though this sounds perthetic Mc Donalds is the only eating place at Homebush that i know about.

Another reaon why i am thinking twice about McDonalds at Homebush is because on that paricular day, the place is going to be full of Bogans going to see the show and im really not comfortable of the idea of them being around a large number of nice cars outside of the show.

So the day is enjoyable as posible, i am appealing to those who are familia with sydney to throw some ideas in on where we can eat, i will go with the flow, however like kitty i wouldnt mind having a decent meal and avoiding the bogans and louts that will enevitably be at Mc Donalds at Homebush.

Cheers, Tidy

Rupewrecht
10-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Yeah there is two a year in sydney the one coming up in december is final battle

Im glad a few people are interested in going

there's also two in melbourne now ;)

i *might* be attending this...

tidy protege
10-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Sweet, for the people from victoria its a great chance for you guys to line up the Auto Salon meet for VIC. As i have said its a great chance for everyone to build contacts and get some great ideas.

KittyKatSmack
12-11-2004, 02:40 PM
I am truly truly sorry everyone, but I have to cancel attendance at AutoSalon now.

I'm a bit upset actually, but I just won't have the money.

:( :cry: :oops: :evil:

tidy protege
13-11-2004, 10:47 PM
thats cool we are the ones who will be sorry cause u cant come, make sure u can make the newcastle cruise in january

KittyKatSmack
30-11-2004, 12:41 PM
OK, well it looks like we can make it for a day trip to Sydney on Saturday.

So the on again, off again is back on again!

tidy protege
30-11-2004, 03:12 PM
mad, look foward to meeting you it look like a few people are coming now so thats really good

mrpayner
30-11-2004, 07:10 PM
... and guess who's coming to town??

I'll be accompanying KittyKat to Autosalon on Saturday... :wink:

AP

Red Frog
30-11-2004, 11:32 PM
me! me! me! and mr ploughtege should be coming on sat :) should be a good day cos i've neva been to a show-off of cars event yet ;) hehehe + we all have to go support mick, and the more AGT members the better i'm sure! :D the more the merrier!
+ my mate natey boy and the beautiful ensemble of kitty and aaron shall be attending, so all the more reason to go :) bring da Bruce!! then u won't get burnt miss kitty :roll: :roll:

tidy protege
01-12-2004, 08:43 AM
mad ill see u all there on saturday, what time do you all want to meet up

Matt
01-12-2004, 11:10 AM
ill be there as well at the Team Dream stand so dont be shy to come up and say hi.

BigBoyLemonade
01-12-2004, 02:20 PM
I have entered the Eunos with Syndicate but I won't be sitting next to car most of the days cause I wanna head into the city and do some shopping.

Matt
01-12-2004, 02:43 PM
thats cool at least get to see the eunos anyway

platypus
01-12-2004, 11:12 PM
well looks like your all going - i guess i'll go

i couldn't be ****ed to read the rest of the thread, but i'll see you there and stuff

*EDIT*
maybe... i might be getting the car on sat, gotta talk to those who rule thy world ... damn pickles

KittyKatSmack
02-12-2004, 09:33 AM
*smacks James' butt*

Cheer up you sour puss......

You have lots to be happy for and you are very lucky to have people in your life by your side.

Don't let things get you down.

Just keep on swimming, keep on swimming, swimming, swimming....

Looks like the three of us will be making a daytrip to autosalon on Saturday.
Won't really know what time we are getting there because it depends on traffic and getting the kitty out of bed......

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Dogo
02-12-2004, 09:54 AM
sorry to let u all down but I don't think I can make this trip :P

tidy protege
02-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Its good that we are getting some good numbers, what time do you all want to meet up. I was thinking say 11 or 12 at the team dream stand, also if you want my number pm me

KittyKatSmack
02-12-2004, 10:19 AM
I'll probably be heading straight for Mik or Syndicate..... We should all meet up there maybe coz we know who to look for, and I want to see the finest looking Astina "unleash" 8)

I am looking forward to seeing the team dream cars and see what kind of people they are........

oddrod is a good friend of mine........

We will miss seeing you Rod!

tidy protege
02-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Thats cool I am looking foward to meeting unleash,

also some latest news from autosalon they have just culled the number of competitors by a massive 130 cars so this highlights the high quality of cars competing this year, a person I know with a very special car hasnt been let in cause they have some very high standards.

So for thos who are coming you can expect to see Australias top 400 show cars on display. It will be an awsome day and I look foward to meeting all you guys and girls.

Cheers, tidy

skippy
02-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Dam can’t make Saturday am going Sunday.

Just a thought but can anyone list what Astina GT members will be there?
So I can make myself a list and tick em off, I don’t wanna miss one if its there.

tidy protege
02-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Sorry to here that we will be missing your company im not sure how many people are going on Sunday I think Jynx is going on Sudnay but dont quote me on that.

For those comming on Saturday I have a list of people that are coming so far if you have changed you mind just tell us thats cool:

Saturday :
Tidy protégé
Kitty Katsmack
Matt
Nate
Sabrelli
Mr Prayner
Lee
James
Mcwilly

People Competing:
Unleash
Wiredone

KittyKatSmack
02-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Kitty is bringing MrPayner and Aaron too!

So skipster, who is it you want to see?

;)

tidy protege
02-12-2004, 05:23 PM
kitty are you definately coming on the saturday or are you comming on the sunday

mrpayner
02-12-2004, 06:48 PM
KKS, Aaron and Myself are attending on Saturday i believe..

Regards
Adam

Nate
02-12-2004, 07:15 PM
im coming in farmboys yellow tractor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tidy protege
02-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Cheers budy thats what I wanted to hear, look foward to meeting you this saturday

Cheers,Tidy

Regards
Adam

platypus
02-12-2004, 10:20 PM

Regards
Adam

which reminds me - i owe you a beer....
so who is up for a lunch while there? and since its the city it would only be worthwhile if liquid :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

platypus
02-12-2004, 10:21 PM

Regards
Adam

which reminds me - i owe you a beer....
so who is up for a lunch while there? and since its the city it would only be worthwhile if liquid :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

actually this is where i find out i'm wrong i bet - ummm where is it being held this year?

arden
02-12-2004, 10:32 PM
homebush

platypus
02-12-2004, 10:45 PM
oh poop - where can i drink there? are you telling me that i might have to deal with a DRY event???

happy james won't be happy anymore

tidy protege
02-12-2004, 11:20 PM
james just go really drunk and by the time u r home u will be just starting to sobber up

platypus
03-12-2004, 12:07 AM
whats sober?

tidy protege
03-12-2004, 12:12 AM
thats the spirit load up on your bundies before you go in andit will sustain you for the day but remember like when cubbing u have to hold a straight face otherwise u wont get let in and we dont want that as you will miss out on the eye candy

platypus
03-12-2004, 12:16 AM
eye candy? naaa leigh will do me just fine... (no i'm not in trouble)

and naa i'm not gonna can on like a mongrel!!!

tidy protege
03-12-2004, 12:19 AM
eye candi man there are two tyes of eye candi at autosalon skirt and hotted up cars u can look at the later so dont get too drunk cause u wount be able to meet up with unleash and wiredone
eye candy? naaa leigh will do me just fine... (no i'm not in trouble)

and naa i'm not gonna can on like a mongrel!!!

mrpayner
03-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Unfortunately, i'm going to have to pike out on this event.. It's a long way to drive [8 hours to canberra] for just a couple of days. The company would have been fantastic, and i thank Kitty and Aaron for offering to put me up for the night[s]. If I had of flown up things would have been easier but a spare $190 is something that i don't have just at this time. :( However, I hope that the remaining people do enjoy the show, and for those of us who can't make it we expect to see plenty of piccas. Especially Mick and Tony and Wiredone..

BUT! When the Annual Cruise is organised.. I'll be there. You can hold me to that.

In the meantime, have a great weekend everyone! http://forum.mazda6club.com/style_emoticons/default/56.gif

Regards,
Adam

PS.. I'll share that drink with you next time james http://forum.mazda6club.com/style_emoticons/default/36.gif

tidy protege
03-12-2004, 10:37 AM
sorry to hear you cant come, is kitty and aaron still coming anyways catch up soon make sure you can come to the newcastle cuise next year its gonna be huge

mrpayner
05-12-2004, 09:44 PM
New Thread here..

http://www.astinagt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3664

Topic closed.

AP