PDA

View Full Version : [VIC] - Great Ocean Road CRUZ REVIEW ON PAGE 4

tx3_realm
19-11-2004, 02:26 PM
YOU WANT GOR??

Date: 29TH OF JAN 2005

Proposed: we will tour from Ballarat to Melbourne to Geelong to torque to Lorne and Apollo bay with meet points along the way..

Meet: Ring Road McDonalds 9:30am (where you will meet spektre_^laser)- Leave 10:00am (the one in the direction of the city, heading east melways Page 40 Map ref C5/6 Pre-meet for Ballarat people 8:15am at Big W car park depart at 8:30am sharp

Stops: will be in stoping in Geelong at around 11am at Town & Country Shopping World - in warn Ponds accross the road from the skate park off South Valley Rd melway Page 465 map ref C6

We will have BBQ lunch in Torque overlooking the beach (we will pick up the meat at Geelong), we will continue on to Lorne and check out the water falls, Then the next we will continue to Apollo bay where we can have a swim and a yack then go round the hills for some fun on out way back to Geelong where we can branch off to go home.

What people would have to bring:
- Money for food, and drinks.
- Their car
- Swimming stuff
- Change of cloths
- CB Radios for communications

THE LIST

FL.com

Tx3_realm +3
Spektre_^laser
Oracle_SOD +3
Pottsie
Scottx3 +4 (and another car)
Oxygen
Xander (will confirm closer to date)
Pharken_kb +1
Krunch
Stwert_g
darius?
Tx3Sleeper
Anttx3 (whoring)
Krunch
REDTX3-88
WOODSY
LEON
Aimz
DougTX3

AstinaGT.com

MrPayner
Asterix

is there is any change in the numbers please let me know asap!

thanks
REALM :D

** Updated by MrPayner**

pr1mo
19-11-2004, 02:54 PM
of december you mean???

falls festival will be on then. accomodation will be extremely hard to come by that weekend. probarbly the 22nd and 23rd would be better however thats also another busy one with the lead upto christmas :)

anyhoo great idea maybe best planned on a quieter weekend :)

cheers mike

tx3_realm
19-11-2004, 03:16 PM
sorry forgot to put the month Jan 2005 :lol:

realm

mrpayner
19-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Justin

Noice! I'll try keep myself free for this one.

Regards
Adam

Cosmo Dude
19-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Sounds like a plan, I'll need to check diary.
You could sleep in a little if you had a Ballarat group and a Melbourne group meet in Geelong (also better drive Ballarat to Geelong than freeways via Melb)

tx3_realm
22-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Cosmo Dude: Yeah that is true but the drive along the freeway isn’t too bad and that was the way went last time it also makes it easier to navigate Geelong (although it is not that hard) this should be a grate weekend and I hope to get a big turnout. The last time this was held we had 19 cars and you should of seen the look on the people’s faces when you had 19 lasers all in one group going through a town lol.

realm

spektre_^laser
25-11-2004, 11:00 AM
hey everyone,

everyone on here doesnt know me, but my name is alex (Spektre_^laser), and i will be part of the planning of the GOR cruise...any questions or anything of such should be writen or sent in a pm to either me or tx3_realm...

Alex!

Rupewrecht
25-11-2004, 11:53 AM
sounds good, i'll more than likely be there

Trav
29-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Hey - I might even try and get there myself...have scribbled in ye ol' diary...

I also noticed that Dan has been mentioned in present tense in the first post...(ie Rupewrech rather than Rupewrecht :P )

mrpayner
29-11-2004, 06:08 PM
hehehe.. fixed that up.. and added you trav. :wink:

AP

Rupewrecht
29-11-2004, 07:12 PM
lol clowns!

Trav
29-11-2004, 07:18 PM
hey - your avatar is inaccurate. Dan is no wearing purple shirt :P

Rupewrecht
29-11-2004, 08:03 PM
and there's no stepladder in yours :P

tx3_realm
30-11-2004, 01:57 PM
:? what are you guys on about??

realm

Cosmo Dude
30-11-2004, 03:13 PM
:? what are you guys on about??

realm
We could tell you but then we would have to kill you 8)

tx3_realm
30-11-2004, 04:28 PM
BRING IT lol :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------
well i am currently looking for places to stay have you guys got any ideas?

realm

mrpayner
30-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Well.. strangely enough.. there was a cruise last year that went to Geelong and on to Torquay and Lorne.. Dan whored with Trav and they packed a ladder to get into trav's car..

http://www.astinagt.com/melb_0603/photos/20030626_001.jpg

:lol:

AP

Trav
30-11-2004, 06:39 PM
I went looking for that photo and couldn't find it...thanks (but you could have reduced the size a bit :oops: )

mrpayner
30-11-2004, 06:48 PM
LMAO! I got it from the events page.. it's in here (http://www.astinagt.com/melb_0603/index.php)

AP

Trav
30-11-2004, 06:52 PM
mmmm this pic looks great don't ya think...
http://www.astinagt.com/melb_0603/photos/20030626_014.jpg

tx3_realm
01-12-2004, 09:59 AM
hummm ok lol.

so i take it that it was a good cruz? (i haven't read the thread yet)

ow and thaks to you all for replying to my pm's :) so far we have 16 people and 9 cars but i'm still waiting on other pm's from the fl.com boy's and girls

realm

Asterix
03-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Has the date been confirmed yet. Is it in Dec or Jan?

I might take the Skyline for a cruise.

Cosmo Dude
03-12-2004, 08:51 PM
I believe it's January, I don't think a cruise on Dec 25th would be popular.

Asterix
06-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Haha, you're right Rod!
:oops:

tx3_realm
06-12-2004, 10:51 AM
I am still waiting on confirmation with the dates from Spektre_^laser the I will post straight away hopefully they will be up by this week but I am trying to the date set on the 28th to the 30th on January so we have more of a chance of getting somewhere to stay for cheaper.

You are more than welcome to bring the skyline, so would you like to stay with us or just cruz with us on one of the days?

realm

Asterix
06-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Prob just cruz that day, then head home that night.

tx3_realm
08-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Prob just cruz that day, then head home that night.

Asterix: that’s kool m8 you are more than welcome to cruz with us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE SET: FOR THE 29TH AND 30TH OF JAN 2005

Asterix
13-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Cheers tx3.

Rupe: Are your takin' you beast? I need someone to keep up with me. :wink:

Rupewrecht
13-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Cheers tx3.

Rupe: Are you takin' you beast? I need someone to keep up with me. :wink:

don't think i'll be able to make this one actually - something has unexpectedly come up :(

Asterix
13-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Shame.
:(

tx3_realm
14-12-2004, 11:39 AM
That’s too bad man I would of love to have a look at ur car in the ‘day’ lol. Asterix I don’t think you will have to worry too much about people keeping up with you :wink:

realm

mrpayner
14-12-2004, 12:25 PM
don't think i'll be able to make this one actually - something has unexpectedly come up :(

hang on a minute.. something "unexpectedly" pops up in less than 2 days before an event.. not a good month and a half before hand.. :?

AP

tx3_realm
21-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Pm’s have been sent to everyone about the cruz as advertised in my pm’s to you all due to circumstances beyond my control the overnight stay has been cancelled and this will turn into a day cruz.

Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause

realm

mrpayner
21-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Ahh bugger.. That's a downright shame! Question though.. I can't remember who my +1 was?!?! :? Maybe Daniel was whoring with me.

However.. it should be a pretty good day cruise no matter what!

AP

tx3_realm
21-12-2004, 02:23 PM
well i could say something about the some of the (Especially one) about their attitude to other people :x . but i will get over it :cry:

the main this is that the cruz is still going ahead as plan it will just be a day cruz.

realm

tx3_realm
18-01-2005, 04:50 PM
:D 11 MORE SLEEPS! :D

REALM

tx3_realm
20-01-2005, 04:14 PM
well i could say something about the some of the (Especially one) about their attitude to other people :x . but i will get over it :cry:

the main this is that the cruz is still going ahead as plan it will just be a day cruz.

realm

:roll: Sorry I just read my post and it sounds like I was having a bitch about someone on the site, sorry. I was having a bitch about a hotel that said that they would get back to me but didn’t even after multiple conversation with them.

-----------------------------------------------------
By the way the list on the first page has been updated we now have 23 cars confirmed and if any of you would like us to meet you at and alternative meet point along the way please feel free to tell me so we can make arrangement.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers
realm :D

mrpayner
20-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Yeh I was talking with Daniel [OracleSOD] about it the other weekend.. I don't think they're even replying to him!

Nevertheless, I'll still be there..

AP

tx3_realm
25-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey every1,

This will be the last time I will be able to cheek the forums b4 the cruz due to I will not be a work for the rest of the week and I will have no access to the net. Although I will try and get on here Thursday somehow.
I will be taking a cheek list will me so I can tick everyone off so we don’t leave anyone behind and I would be grateful that if you cannot make or you are running late if you would be able to contact me on 0418637471 so I know numbers. You can also contact me on this number if you require any information regarding the cruz.

Thanks everyone for your participation, have a safe week and I will see you on the cruz

Realm :D
(Justin)

Cosmo Dude
25-01-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm a late scratching untill I get my exhaust fixed. This will take a while as I'll be fitting modified extractors.

Rupewrecht
25-01-2005, 06:15 PM
at this stage i'm still out unless otherwise convinced

mrpayner
25-01-2005, 07:32 PM
yeh i'm still coming..

AP

BLiss_2k
27-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Well damn.
This would have been fun.
I only found out about this site few days ago and im from melbourne so i might have even attended, however, i got plans for that weekend.

Hope the cruise is fun anyway boys.

Jos.

mrpayner
28-01-2005, 01:08 PM
That weekend being tomorrow.. :D

T'is always good to meet new people.. There's going to be an AGT cruise coming up shortly.. Dan, Trav and myself are doing re-con work in a few weeks..

AP

Dogo
28-01-2005, 01:30 PM
not going. :(

damn cars.

Rupewrecht
28-01-2005, 01:37 PM
That weekend being tomorrow.. :D

T'is always good to meet new people.. There's going to be an AGT cruise coming up shortly.. Dan, Trav and myself are doing re-con work in a few weeks..

are we? lol

not going.

damn cars.

what u broken now?

Asterix
28-01-2005, 05:32 PM
What time will you guys be in Lorne 'til.
I have a party to go to in Geelong around 8pm. I still reckon I will go, but I jus don't wanna go back to Melb & then back to Geelong.

That attendance list needs updating on the first page as Rod & Rupe aren't going.

mrpayner
28-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeh.. i don't think that Justin [TX3_Realm] has been able to get online for a few days now.. But I'll be meeting him at Ballarat. I'm guessing that for the BBQ we will be buying meat and stuff at Geelong so avoid nasty surprises when cooking..

Hope to see you there asterix..

AP

Asterix
28-01-2005, 06:10 PM
So is there a finalisation of numbers for this cruise?

mrpayner
28-01-2005, 09:19 PM
IF!!! anyone is interested in coming.. the first page has been updated..

Cheers
Adam.

mrpayner
30-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Pretty mad cruise! I'll obtain the official link to the photos when it becomes available..

Nice to meet you too Dave.. [asterix]..

AP

tx3_realm
31-01-2005, 01:05 PM
The cruz got off to a bit of a bad start with it raining at the first two meet points (Ballarat and Melbourne) but the weather seem to subside for the Geelong meet point. After a descent chat to each other and watch a 90-year-old man drive into a bollard (small pole) and then reverse into the car behind him, lol, we decided to get the ball rolling and start on our cruz. When leaving Geelong we unfortunately had a minor accident between three of our own car.

We regroup in Torque where we had lunch and calm down a little then headed onto Lorn via the Great Ocean Road.

In Lorn we found a nice car park on the beach (which we found out later that you had to get a ticket to park there lol, but the ticket officer was kool about it) and waited for Oracle to catch up to the pack.

On the way to Apollo bay some of us opened it up a bit for a nice bit of cruzing on the winding twisty’s. On arriving in Apollo bay we say god grace us with blue skys and sun (which just about had every one asleep on the grass lol). At Apollo bay we went down to the beach to get our feet wet and to write a massive ‘fordlaser.com’ in the sand (I would like to thank every on for their help with that, at lest we didn’t spell it wrong, lol). We then decided to partake in the last leg of our cruz back to Geelong through the forests and mountains.

This was probably the best part of the cruz where everyone got to safely open it up around the twists but seen my car cut the engine and loss brakes and power steering coming around a corners at a bit of speed. We then go to open it up on a dead straight which seen every one trying to reach their top speed on a safe road.

On our wayback to Geelong we only had one little hiccup with wheel nut not dun up tight but was fixt with the help of a wheelbrace (make this be a lesson to every one, to always cheek your wheel nuts after they have been put back on by a tyre joint!)

When arriving back in Geelong we all grab some hungry Jacks the departed our sperate ways.

In conclusion we had 20 cars and took in some great view, some great road, and spent it with some great people. And that’s what the Great Ocean Road cruz was all about!

I would just like to thank spekle_laser, Oracle, and woodsy for there help in organising and helping out of the day and to everyone who attended!

I hope you all enjoyed it

realm

Asterix
31-01-2005, 10:53 PM
A great day of cruzin' on Saturday!
To all the Vic AGT members who piked, you missed an awesome time.

Likewise Mr Payner... good to meet you too.

I had that much fun, I nearly went back on Sunday. :D

Surprisingly, the report from melb was that the weather was crappy all day - not the case in the GOR district.

Kudo's must go to the blue laser for the surprising power it had for a normally aspirated 1.8.
Oracle got the land speed record for the day. :twisted:
You bandit!
(I hate my governor)

All in all was a great day & a top bunch of guys (& girls).

Thanks to everyone.

pr1mo
31-01-2005, 10:57 PM
did you take the skyline or the stina?

cheers mike

mrpayner
01-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Dave took the Skyline.. the mighty thing that it is.. :P

AP

Rupewrecht
01-02-2005, 01:28 PM
what, no pics?

mrpayner
01-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Patience my young padiwan.. soon you will learn these qualities. :P

AP

pr1mo
01-02-2005, 06:51 PM
is that what you call him after youve got him drunk n latherd up in the S&M gear?

:lol:

Asterix
02-02-2005, 04:14 PM
C'mon Adam.
Wherez the pics??
Give it up.

mrpayner
03-02-2005, 12:02 PM
:P yeh yeh yeh.. i need to get them to Dan [Oracle_SOD] so he can post them up.. I'll see if i can get to his house before the weekend..

AP

pharkn-kb
03-02-2005, 04:45 PM
i will post up waht crappy pics i had from my old brick of a digital..

now how the hell do i download them :?

was a great run.. the whole thing of daves skyline in my rear view mirror was a rare treat :P

mrpayner
05-02-2005, 08:56 PM
OK ok ok ok .. I have gone to Oracle_SOD's place today and gave him my photos.. he'll get them online sometime this week..

AP

tx3_realm
07-02-2005, 01:43 PM
It was good to meet some of you guys but I hope next time there will be a few more of ya’s turn up lol. but thank to those who did. I’m sorry but I didn’t get any pic (I need to pic up myself a digi camera)

realm

mrpayner
12-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Woohoo!! Since Dan [Oracle_SOD] got his nice new 1500k ADSL connection the other day.. the pics from the cruise are now online!!!

- My Pictures (http://www.fordlaser.com/section.php?area=cruises&id=400)
- Someone Else's pics (http://www.fordlaser.com/section.php?area=cruises&id=398)

They look the goods!!!!

AP

pr1mo
12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
o man a KA!!! hehe thats nuts. brings back so many fond memories that beast...good color too

mrpayner
13-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Didn't you crash that car mike??

AP