PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Possbile Interior Colours For My Car

tidy protege
28-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Im at the point now where im planning to go for the whole show theme and i am having trouble picking colours for my car.

Here is a picture of my car what colours would you go for?

http://www.msprotege.com/members/tidy%20protege/CRB85D%20FULLY%20PIMPN%20with%20blacked%20out%20nu mberl%20plates.JPG

platypus
28-11-2004, 02:44 PM
what sort of show?
i'd say black/silver
or silver/navy blue with black through....

tidy protege
28-11-2004, 02:50 PM
show as in Autosalon and magazines

platypus
28-11-2004, 02:55 PM
then try green and purple....

what are you planning to do to get into the mags? coz a fast car and a nice coat of paint won't cut it... you'll need to do something to stand out from the crowd....

geetee
29-11-2004, 09:25 AM
nice car mate :wink:
i`d go light grey with black piping or royal blue with silver piping.
leather of course!!! 8)

BigBoyLemonade
29-11-2004, 10:07 AM
have you got the original of that pic?

I reckon you go black leather but thats just a personal opinion

pr1mo
29-11-2004, 10:44 AM
yeah theres a fine line between show and having the car in a state which it can be driven around as a daily driver also. id be looking at darker color leathers maybe. dark grey/black. this however, whilst being practical, wont have the pulling power of a tan color :(

Dogo
29-11-2004, 01:17 PM
haha there are a lot of cars in mags that I wouldnt be seen dead driving on the streets :lol:

if you want show then bright dashing colors are common or dark classy colors.

try pink and chocolate brown. :D

-BraXta-
29-11-2004, 08:21 PM
errr one problem wit black..
IT GETS TOOO FRIGGEN HOT !!!

lol

tidy protege
30-11-2004, 07:48 AM
It does get hot but its very classy I cont want something that gets diry or looks out of this work my plans are to improve this car not make it look ove the top, the interior in mums mazda 6 looks good maybe I could copy hers

tidy protege
02-12-2004, 09:24 AM
What do you guys think of black and silver, I was thinking about buying an SP20 steering wheel which I know isnt cheap and with the seats

I was thinking that i could go black leather on the outside and the silver colour the same as on the sp20 steering wheel in the middle of the seats,

im also going to buy a 2 toned mazda 6 gear nob which is back and the same colour as the sp20 steering wheel from protege garage.

I was also thinking about buying a set of brushed aluminium surrounds and no they are arnt the rings that you guys just bought in that group buy.

What do you think of my plans.

twilightprotege
02-12-2004, 12:30 PM
silver and black sounds nice

i'd think silver the same colour as the car and a grey might look better as there's limited black in your car...

skippy
02-12-2004, 02:43 PM
In terms of a cars interior you can not go past the purple and lilak leather seen in “MRLNCR” it has been on an Autosalon Mag cover (PS I’m proud of not knowing how to spell lilak) Tis a green MR lancer sedan evo beater.

Colorful, show worthy and then some, as sexy as dead animals can get, not to light (stains), not to dark (heat).

Anyone know what it would cost to get two bucket seats partially recovered? Want to get rid of the awful weaved pattern in the middle of my seats, it is as ugly

skippy
02-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Would be prone to fading me thinks.

platypus
02-12-2004, 09:17 PM
isn't lilac purple anyway?.... *shudders*

Cosmo Dude
02-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Before I went and spent big $$$ on a colour combo I'd be sourcing the electronics as the light combos in them are gonna be harder to change than fabric on seats.
Remember for a show car every thing has to work together.

kemicalx
11-12-2004, 03:33 PM
yer also prolly a good idea to get some real lowered springs, photoshops generally don't cut it at Auto Salon :lol:

platypus
11-12-2004, 03:38 PM
yer also prolly a good idea to get some real lowered springs, photoshops generally don't cut it at Auto Salon :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tidy protege
11-12-2004, 11:48 PM
I spoke with my local trimmer Brads Custom Trim and we have decided to go with Blue and Black leather and the all the plastics will be painted to match the new colour scheem. Race Art at this stage will probably paint the plastics and I am very confident with their capabilities.This is all going to be booked for late march.

After that I have to visit fibre motive and they are going to rework the laser RSR kit to suit and fit the BJ II Protege, last two things are new wheels and lower springs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

very true and this is something I will be doing the only reason why I posted a photoshop picture is because I lost the unedited original.

As for springs I currently have lows but I will be getting superlows which should cut it at Auto Salon.

It is quite funny james isnt it? :D :D :D :D

I smile because I will be acheaving my goals, my car may not be anything special but it will be thats one thing im confident about.

Wiredone and TDK have awsome cars they are fast and look good but my aim is to build the best looking and sounding BJ II protege in Aus.

Although optimistic, im just setting targets and yes very ambitious but very achievable nothing will stop me not even the words of people who are affraid of something different.

:D :D :D :D

CRA23
11-12-2004, 11:51 PM
what about 80's brown leather :) its stil classy

kemicalx
11-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Although optimistic, im just setting targets and yes very ambitious but very achievable nothing will stop me not even the words of people who are affraid of something different.

good man!

i like to see people just following there plans and ignoring anything negative thrown at em. Doing things diferent is were all trends start after all ;)

Good luck with it and make sure to post lots of pics of the build up.

chicaboo
12-12-2004, 12:34 AM

good man!

i like to see people just following there plans and ignoring anything negative thrown at em. Doing things diferent is were all trends start after all ;)

Good luck with it and make sure to post lots of pics of the build up.
WORD! Someone on the forum wrote me off for putting an SP20 bodykit on my 1.8 (I have a long memory!). Well like I said at the time, it is my favourite bodykit and when you see my car in person the results speak for themselves.

Keep up the good work dude, I can't wait to see your car fully decked out!
Gav.

skippy
15-12-2004, 02:47 PM
False badging is a nono

Picking the best looking kit to put on is just common sence.

chicaboo
15-12-2004, 06:41 PM
False badging is a nono
Picking the best looking kit to put on is just common sence.
When you see the text "SP20" on my car, I'll give you cred, until then I got 2 words, one starts with an F, the other finishes with an F... I am not trying to make my car an SP20! I am sick of going over this issue. But you have pushed me to add the SP18 style logo to my car sooner rather than later, to assure those who don't know the bloody difference in the 2 cars beyond the bodykit...
I spose the NA Falcon XR6, Laser SR, Commodoore S, and countless others are try hard turbo or performance wanna be's?

A just and righteous Gav trying to build the fastest 1.8 NA 323 in Australia.

EDIT: If Mazda offered the bodykit as an option as Ford do, this would not even be an issue as it is for some. If you don't like my upgrades, have a look at your own car and do what makes you feel good and keep your ill comments to youself... You don't go slaggin' people's cars!

tidy protege
16-12-2004, 06:09 PM
skippy, man there is no need for sledging gav has one mad looking ride.

I am looking foward to seeing his ride in the flesh

SP18 is a project that is very origional you cannot put down one who has thought outside the square, if the world didnt have people who tried something different it would be a very boring place.

I actually would like to say good work Gav, you have done some very impressive things with your car and I you have set a standard that alot of us aspire and strive to achieve.

Put downs stem from ones insecurities or jelousy, your comments along with others have soured the nature of this thread which was to get some feedback on some of my ideas and to collect some ideas,

As my mother always says "if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all" they are the words that she says to her year 3 students, please dont tell me that I have to talk with my fellow forum members like immature 9 or 10 year olds.

Hopefully these negative and non constructive comments end here, any further comments by members that are of a derogitory matter will only highlight their lack of maturity and high level of insecurity, follow the words of one wise teacher " if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all"

Cheers, Tidy

platypus
17-12-2004, 05:24 AM
ok this is going crazy - guys when you post up a thread etc about your car, don't get narky when someone doesn't think its great ok??

thats what public forums are about ok!!?/ this should be in a separate thread,

gav, don't worry about it, coz you ain't tdone a thing wrong anyway mate,

and craig, don't be so touchy, when not everyone in the world thinks your idea is great...

if we follow what our mums say about nothing good to say blah blah blah, then perhaps you should remember the other one kids

"sticks and stone will break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

now end of rant

craig what materials do you want to use, and where? this is going to affect what colours are useable/practical

tidy protege
17-12-2004, 05:36 AM
for the seats and door trims im going to aus leather blue and black, lining the roof I am going to use leather look alike vin on the roof and im not sure yet whether to user leather or suade for the boot install as for the plastics they are all getting painted either blue or black by Raceart which are the same people that do alot of Osmans work the good part is that they are going to respray all my plastics for less than a grand.

The only reason hy I took a chop at skippy is because people have been very negative lately, that sticks and stones thing doesnt relate here because people are here to gather constructive feedback and half the time its unconsturctive dribble that does have an effect.

I see no reason why people had to talk about my photo shopingof a cars height I have put that picture up many times and said that it has been photoshoped mie you its just the height everything else is un altered

platypus
17-12-2004, 05:42 AM
The only reason hy I took a chop at skippy is because people have been very negative lately, that sticks and stones thing doesnt relate here because people are here to gather constructive feedback and half the time its unconsturctive dribble that does have an effect.

I see no reason why people had to talk about my photo shopingof a cars height I have put that picture up many times and said that it has been photoshoped mie you its just the height everything else is un altered
sorry all i hear on this one is blah blah blah i'm a dirty.....

mate you have to be able to take criticism ok? just lighten up, hell jynx, and mal both give me a hard time -i don't give 2 ****s

whn people give you a hard time, perhaps they are trying to point something out indirectly? like you got food on your face!!!

ok i'm sick of writing about this, i don't want to see another post about it, i'm sick of hearing it and justifying anyones actions.... so next to post off topic gets an english kiss

chicaboo
17-12-2004, 10:13 PM
for the seats and door trims im going to aus leather blue and black, lining the roof I am going to use leather look alike vin on the roof and im not sure yet whether to user leather or suade for the boot install as for the plastics they are all getting painted either blue or black by Raceart which are the same people that do alot of Osmans work the good part is that they are going to respray all my plastics for less than a grand.
Does the suede pile up the dust quickly? Not that it might be much of a problem in the boot, but I find I get heaps of dust on the plastic dash after a week... Oh, and if you are going black and blue interior, why not redo all your guage lights to blue aswell?

Gav.

tidy protege
17-12-2004, 11:14 PM
good idea man, my plans with the guages is to buy a set oy easy drop in white background ones and I want to change the Mazda Led light from green to blue that will look mad

chicaboo
18-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Yeah dude, Sacah can tell you all about that, I don't know how far he's gotten with his lights so far. Last time I saw him he had the cluster guages in purple at the time. But Sacah is keen and is doing all the electrics himself, he needed to sandpaper off the green tint on some of the plastic diffusers though. So you might not want to do it yourself, just thought I'd tell you that it is as tricky as it sounds...
And with the boot, I think the idea od nice blue crushed velvet or suede sounds choice! Imagine that with some nice big subs in there and fluoros. I think some window etching with a sill mounted fluoro would be nice too. But I think the trick is to get the fluoro in the sill so it just beams up the glass highlighting the etching on the way up!

Gav.