PDA

View Full Version : Trying to identify car alamr

wazza
02-12-2004, 08:41 PM
OK folks - a challenge for you all

Some may know that my daughter recently got a 1990 Astina hatch as her first car. It has what looks like a professionally installed alarm. The alarm is activated/deactivated with a remote which also locks/unlocks the car via central locking. Using the key sets off the alarm !!!

The problem is the remote is cracked and won't last much longer and the previous owner knew nothing or wouldnt tell us (weird guy - told us no damage but the car has had below average repair on the bonnet - sand marks visible in certain light)

The first alarm has what looks like a blue M slanted to the left with a blue line under it. One button in a brown case. The "guts" of that remote have been transferred to this type of remote

http://www.dynamco.com.au/Technical/RemoteControls/electron%20th3%20or%20th6.jpg

and Dynamco suggested Action Alarms Perth but they couldn't help

Could this be a factory installed alarm as the alarm is wired into the factory harness professionally

Thanks

Cosmo Dude
02-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Mazda never installed factory alarms in 323s. (No they didn't... just believe me)

Some dealers could have installed alarms but it's most likely that they wouldn't remember just which one is in there nor would they have parts. The master module is most likely up under the dash and that will have all the brand and serial info for you to identify it.
My 18 year old car has a YE OLDE Cobra unit and the only function left is the little red light, I should pull it out one weekend soon.

platypus
02-12-2004, 09:44 PM
on the up side if that unit ****s itself, you will be able to unplug the old - and rewire the new one - very easily... just check you don't have a battery back up alarm!!!

geetee
04-12-2004, 10:30 AM
i had a mazda alarm, dealer fitted as cosmo sez, and all the modules/boxes and stuff was above/behind the glove box. which is quite easy to remove. i`ve also seen them hidden behind the ashtray area, which means removal of the centre console.

wazza
04-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Well, no better off. I checked the unit (under the drivers side). No identifying marks but there was a place where a sticker was but that's gone. All it has is a red light and a small hole next to the light. No other marks. The unit is about 3 inches wide, 6 inches long and an inch deep made of black plastic.

I might take it to Strathfield and see if they have a learning remote. I doubt it is a rolling code unit so might be in luck.

Apparently Action Alarms in Perth said they might be able to help (they make a remote similar to the one I have) but they need the car.

Oh well, as has been said, I'll wait until the unit dies then replace it with something new

Cheers