PDA

View Full Version : How could i do this??

kemicalx
11-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Ey all,

I want to make a fused distro block comming off the ACC, i have LOTS of accesories running off one or two very thing wires.

CB charger
Mobile phone charger
PDA charger
HeadUnit
PStwo
LCD (soon)

where abouts could I get at the fattest ACC wire? the ign barrel? like i did for my alarm?

geetee
12-12-2004, 08:59 AM
might be more room down at the fuse box in the drivers footwell.

silver6
12-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Your putting a big load on you ACC power.

You migh as well make your own power curcuit to power those things. Get the power staight from the battery and use a relay to switch the gear on and off via the ACC. For stuff that need permanent power, such as your head unit, run it straight from the battery.

http://nsw.sytes.net/power.GIF

geetee
12-12-2004, 09:28 AM
yeh that sounds good, i`d be tempted to just run the whole lot from the battery with a fused link.

kemicalx
12-12-2004, 09:35 AM
well the HU's constant has it's own wire (one that went to the stadnard HU) and it's the only thing that needs a constant wire atm, however if the LCD/ps2 needs constant for some reason as well. I'll just get it from the big power lead comming off the battery.

That relay idea sounds perfect :) any relay you know of in particular, ie from jaycar ?

Thanks for your help ;)

kemicalx
12-12-2004, 09:37 AM
this one do the trick?

http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SY4068&CATID=&keywords=sy+4068& SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyw ord2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

JynX
12-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Calculate the current draw on all your products and that will help make your decision.

platypus
12-12-2004, 10:21 AM
gotta remember those relays are 30 amp max, so while its gonna be a good one to use, you might have to daisy chain them, so that you don't overload anything... perhaps puttting the relays on each item just after the distribution block?

kemicalx
12-12-2004, 10:27 AM
no chance i'm gunna draw 30a's from these little devices heheh,

my stereo during burp only pulls 60a

I haven't calculated but i doubt it'll see over 10a pulled through it.

Cosmo Dude
12-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Calculate the current draw on all your products and that will help make your decision.
All items should have a power rating (in Watts or Volt/Amps) combine these and then convert watts to amps using watts law and 12-14V to find your total current.
I'd think that all those trinket chargers combined wouldn't rate 2A at 12V. It's only the PS2 and head unit that would draw any serious current and the headunit already has its own fused power source.