PDA

View Full Version : hmmm a slight lack of teh boost

Rupewrecht
27-12-2004, 03:00 PM
having a problem with the astina (BPT, wolf ecu)

car was fine. had been working on an airconditioning problem (wiring-related)

inadvertently broke an injector wire near the ecu - didnt realise so thought it was a spark plug or an injector failure. replaced the plugs/leads, and the oxy sensor (as that decided to fail as well) and now it wont boost

runs perfectly apart from when it starts making positive pressure, and then the engine just cuts out until the vacuum goes below 0psi.

any ideas what could be causing this?

ca't see any other troublesome wires, so don't think it's that.

or if it is, is there anything that would not be working to cause this problem?

chipa
27-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Have you done any logging on the Wolf? 5 minutes with a laptop would cut the troubleshooting in half...

chipa
27-12-2004, 08:13 PM
I had a similar problem with a EL falcon (with turbo & Wolf) but it turned out to be a polarity problem with the crank angle sensor...

Rupewrecht
27-12-2004, 09:08 PM
nah, unfortunately i dont have a laptop!

but yep, me and a mate were thinking it's the crank angle sensor as, well, there's nothing else left really (judging from what we're experiencing)

chipa
27-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Well if it helps the problem we were having is that once the car was developing a bit of boost the firing got damn stuffed. Hope you find it. I hate troubleshooting these things without a computer now!!

wiredone
11-03-2005, 03:32 AM
have you thought that maybe either the ignition/boost map is back to default or maybe the map sensor in the wolf (there built in aren't they?) has f*cked out

cause if it is a vacuum related issue then its ECU related yes? end seeing the map sensor is whats telling the ECU all about boost then i would assume either an acting up vacuum line (kink or split) or a stuffed map sensor would be doing it. Cause if the ECU freaks out when you hit boost then its probably not knowing what to do because the map sensor voltage may be all over the place... (is it wolf that has a lifetime warrantee?)

best of luck though, i hate it when something like this hits you and you end up spending time,money and blood and it ends up being something tiny... plus with lower compression it wouldn't be that much fun to drive off boost... need to fix it asap =)

Rupewrecht
11-03-2005, 05:35 AM
ah i thought i posted a reply to this!

discovered it was the crank angle sensor in the distributor. new dizzy ($450 for a new CAS, or $2275 for a reco dizzy? which would you choose? ;) ), and it's perfect now. also starts easier when cold, so much have been dying for a while.