PDA

View Full Version : VIC: .:: Tsunami '04 Charity Cruise- Melbourne::.

Rupewrecht
05-01-2005, 11:22 AM
This was sent to me by a mamber of Ausrotary - it's for a very good cause, and i reckon AGT should make an appearance for this worthy cause :)

----

.:: Tsunami '04 Charity Cruise- Melbourne::.

You would all be well aware of the tragedy that has struck SE Asia, with all the television footage, and watching the death toll rise higher than ever thought possible, im sure we all feel there has to be something we can do. The below text i took from the ABC news site, as an update on just how tragic the death toll is, and how the surrounding countries are helping. The donations are endless, and very heart warming, although it will never take away the pain, the loss, the heart ache that people who have been affected by the tsunami will be feeling, for a very long time to come, it will in many ways ease the suffering and aid in the rebuilding of all towns, villages and so on that have been affected.

(As per Abc news www.abc.com.au 01.01.05 @ appx 1.00pm)

"The official death toll from last weekend's tsunami disaster is approaching 150,000 with most of the victims in the Indonesian province of Aceh.

The United Nations also says bodies are still being found and the toll could rise but the true figure might never be known.

One ray of light in the six days since the devastating earthquake and tsunamis is the global outpouring of money for aid.

Private pledges from Britons alone have reached $150 million and the United States has increased its aid contribution 10-fold to $450 million.

Total aid pledges have topped $1.5 billion."

The support is endless for the people/towns and so on who have been affected by the 2004 Tsunami, and although we cant pledge the type of money that has been donated above, what we can do is raise as much as we can, and pledge our support in our own way. This is where Mike/ Wak It; from street commodores; developed the idea to create a cruise to raise money, to add to the donations already pouring in for the victims and thier families. On behalf of him, i shall be helping organise the melbourne side of the charity cruise. Below will be the info needed for the cruise, which as i go along and organise this, will be regualry updated. PLEASE, keep an eye on the thread, so as to be fully prepared for the cruise, and to add to the support of your fellow car enthusiasts.

The actual places and so on for the cruise is yet to be decided, however we do have a day. SO, please keep that day free. I will endevour to have ALL details, up and on display within the fortnight. Please be patiant, as this is going to be a big event, and one that will need alot of planning, for its success!

All general information can be found at the national cruise thread....
http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/forum_3/showthread.php?t=47073

For all VIC people, YOUR info can be found here

Who : All cars, car clubs, anyone!
What : Charity cruise, money rasied going to families who lost someone due to 2004 SE Asian Tsunami!
Where : TBA
When : Sunday, 13th Febuary
Why : for a good cause!

any questions or queries the thread below

http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/forum_3/showthread.php?t=47396

MORE INFO TO FOLLOW SOON

-----

i'll be there, as will most of AZM

tx3_realm
10-01-2005, 01:58 PM
hey man good idea i might have other commitments on that I may not be able to get out of but however if they fall through I will be there to back ya up along with some fl.com boys and girls I will let you know closer to date.

realm

Pato's Astina
25-01-2005, 07:40 PM
i might be able to make it. we should organise a point to meet, so we can all drive together to where the cruise starts.