PDA

View Full Version : BG BP to BG BPT wiring can any one help

323_mazdabator
29-01-2005, 12:43 PM
hey guys i've just bought a bpt gtx halfcut and am a little confused ion the wiring side of things.. just wondering if any one has done this or would be able to help in any way at all? all help would be muchly appreciated.

platypus
29-01-2005, 01:09 PM
try a search - this question has been asked, and answered quite a few times now

and what in particular did you need help with? there are a lot of wires in a BG

Rupewrecht
29-01-2005, 02:44 PM
you should check out the thread at the top of the forced induction section

http://www.astinagt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3827

ROB-80E
01-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I'll start with, did you swap EVERYTHING do to with the wiring on the main harness, this includes the Fuel pump resistor/relay assy. Bascially looks like a relay and a heat sink mounted on the firewall behind the plenum.

If yes, you have to now venture inside the to where the ECU lives. Remove the GTX ECU so that you can get to all the plugs under there.

There are 2 plugs, a white and a black. The fuel pump power wire is a Black/Pink stripe wire. I think it is in the White plug of the standard loom. The fuel pump power wire that comes from the resistor-relay setup on the GTX loom is a green/pink stripe wire in the black plug. It's just a matter of joining the two together.

I went to the trouble of taking the wire out of 1 plug and putting it into the other so that it all still unplugs with no hastle...but all it takes is getting a short thick bit of wire (atleast same thickness as standard) and splicing into the wire and making the missing link as to say.

If you have any troubles just let me know.

Don't believe anyone when they say, you have to run a new wire from your ign to the pump, because it's not true...I have done it the standard way.

323_mazdabator
15-02-2005, 05:29 PM
so other than that both the black and white plugs just plug together?

ROB-80E
17-02-2005, 08:33 AM
That's it! They just plug in. ;)

Nate
17-02-2005, 10:57 AM
so thats all you gotta do? i ie ... rip out the dash (to gain access to the the harness and ecu) ... take out Everything electical to do with the engine ... old engine out ... new engine in ...zaust... IC and ALL the wiring from the old engine ... splice the fuel line and thats it?? ... i know the loom is uglier than a dogs breakfast ... but that sounds like a piece of cake ... i was under the impression you needed whole new looms fabricated and could neverwork out why ... now i know you dont ... yay ... BPT here i come!!

ROB-80E
17-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Mate, you don't even have to take the dash out! you just remove the kick pannels on the side of the centre console. Undo 2 bolts and 2 nuts at either end of the ecu. Unplug ecu and relay, remove, unclip white and black plug, push the big main loom grommet through the firewall and remove N/A loom.

Repeat in reverse order with the complete GTX loom (this includes the stuff on the firewall - engine bay side)

When you say splice fuel line, I'm guessing you mean the wire. No fuel line mods are required.

The loom swap is very simple...compared to all the spanner work you have to do with major mech parts (eg, getting drive shafts out).

Dutchy
07-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey guys

just one more question about this wiring loom stuff...

Im doing my conversion this weekend. so far the engine is out :) and im tryna figure out the wiring. :(

I want to use the GTX radiator and cooling fan... when i change over the part of the loom for this. Do i have to change nething for the pop up lights?

and do i have to take out the whole part of the loom that goes under the front left quarter panel??? :confused:

Cheers Jeremy

Ian
08-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Oh whoops.

I was in the middle of writing u a PM when my power cut out. I never finished it.

The GTX radiator wont fit. Neither will the fan off it.

The standard radiator will work however I recomend going to an auto BG one eventually.

With the standard radiator, the radiator fan will try and mingle with the turbo piping. You will have to cut one of the struts off on the fans casing.

Ill let you know more info in a pm, everything we did wrong and what to avoid.

ROB-80E
10-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself ian...sounds like you got everything sussed during your conversion.

The astina thermo fans are lucky that they have the plastic surround that can be chopped. ;)

89sp1.8
29-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I'll start with, did you swap EVERYTHING do to with the wiring on the main harness, this includes the Fuel pump resistor/relay assy. Bascially looks like a relay and a heat sink mounted on the firewall behind the plenum.

If yes, you have to now venture inside the to where the ECU lives. Remove the GTX ECU so that you can get to all the plugs under there.

There are 2 plugs, a white and a black. The fuel pump power wire is a Black/Pink stripe wire. I think it is in the White plug of the standard loom. The fuel pump power wire that comes from the resistor-relay setup on the GTX loom is a green/pink stripe wire in the black plug. It's just a matter of joining the two together.

I went to the trouble of taking the wire out of 1 plug and putting it into the other so that it all still unplugs with no hastle...but all it takes is getting a short thick bit of wire (atleast same thickness as standard) and splicing into the wire and making the missing link as to say.

If you have any troubles just let me know.

Don't believe anyone when they say, you have to run a new wire from your ign to the pump, because it's not true...I have done it the standard way.

hey soz jacking thread here:P
but me n mate are trying to do this with his gtr motor..he has everything hooked up and it trys to start but wont actually kick over.
so read up on this to see which wires etc..

neways we chopped the black/pink stripe which is in the white plug that goes up into dash(is bit thicker than all other wires in plug )
and chopped the green/pink stripe from the black plug which goes into loom (gtr loom)..and connected wire up to link them both together..still no start..

have i got right wires? there was also a pink with green stripe etc...
and there is fuel in the tank but is not reaching the engine..anyone give me tips plz cheers

bourbon
29-01-2007, 09:40 PM
but me n mate are trying to do this with his gtr motor..he has everything hooked up and it trys to start but wont actually kick over.

neways we chopped the black/pink stripe which is in the white plug that goes up into dash(is bit thicker than all other wires in plug )
and chopped the green/pink stripe from the black plug which goes into loom (gtr loom)..and connected wire up to link them both together..still no start..

and there is fuel in the tank but is not reaching the engine..anyone give me tips plz cheers

ohhhh me and nate had this issue on mine...contact him i cant member if we solved it...i think this was the issue...hes finished his not long ago either

1200det
29-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Hey mate would you have the stereo brackets from the front cut ?

dave0r
30-01-2007, 12:00 PM
my BPT conversion was the same with the fan no longer able to fit

so i just got a new 12" fan and hooked it up
works well :)

89sp1.8
31-01-2007, 07:25 PM

bump?