PDA

View Full Version : roof-door seal leaking

Dogo
03-02-2005, 12:21 PM
i noticed after driving in the rain yesterday that the roof lining is wet where it meets the drivers door.

I guess some water is leaking in from the seal there. not yet sure if its leaking from where the window meets the rubber, or from inside the roof gutter.
I just havnt had a chance to look properly.

has anyone had this problem before ?

another Ive noticed is that often when I shut the door the window glass doesnt slip under the gutter properly - its held out and I have to pop it under manually. But because Ive noticed that I always always check when i get out of the car.

I wonder if this could mean that the guttering has come loose ?

chipa
03-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Is your door lined up correctly?

pr1mo
03-02-2005, 02:24 PM
it rained yestrday?

Rupewrecht
03-02-2005, 09:18 PM
maybe the window glass is a little loose in the door, and isnt at the right angle when it shuts?

it'd check carefully for tears too

skippy
10-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I have the same problem of the windows not shutting, I assume you have a BA with topless doors (for lack of a better name). This has always been a problem since I got the car, trick I found is to only put up your windows while the door is shut and that seems to set it right 75% of the time (I still check but). Only on drivers door,? (Mine is)

Also could be related when you put your window all the way down does it bounce up a little making it uncomfortable to rest your elbow on the sill. So to have it resting flush you need to actaully press up on the window button which will move it down to flush then start putting it up. Anyway I just play around till I am happy, as a smoker this gets a bit annoying as I always drive with the window open.

Any solutions out there to either of these but yeah a misaligned window could be the cause,

And finally one thing I am not sure if it is new or not but, after rain at the bottom of the door on the plastic step type thing a little water pools there. I think I it could be yet another issue related to the third rate work of Castle Hill Smash Repair (to be avoided at all costs) who AAMI forced to replace the seals after they broke the originals among a dzen other things.

Basicaly anyone else get this?

Cosmo Dude
10-02-2005, 06:20 PM
There are two bump stops that limit how far the glass goes up. If you remove the door skin you can adjust them. don't go over board it shouldn't need more than a mm in the down direction.

Dogo
11-02-2005, 09:02 AM
And finally one thing I am not sure if it is new or not but, after rain at the bottom of the door on the plastic step type thing a little water pools there. I think I it could be yet another issue related to the third rate work of Castle Hill Smash Repair (to be avoided at all costs) who AAMI forced to replace the seals after they broke the originals among a dzen other things.

Basicaly anyone else get this?

i think thats normal. the door has drain holes at the bottom to let out any water that seeps down inside the door.

i'll take a look at those adjustment things rod. when the window is up it sits perfectly in place with the triangle that the mirror mounts on though.

another though was that maybe my door card isnt on perfectly. I vaguely remember that causing this before...

skippy
14-02-2005, 06:55 PM
The window will rasie higher if I put it up while the door is open,

ie if the door is shut it is sometrhing in the roof that stops it not something in the door.

and the top bit of the triangle plastic bit rubbery looking thing has torn from this, therefore less than perfectly aligned.

By door skin do you mean the interior ie the armrest and all?

what is it I am looking for