PDA

View Full Version : 323 & 3 Instrument Panel

arb
08-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Hey All,

Silly insane question time .. has it been done, or thought about or even possible to refit the Madza 3 tubular instrumental panel into a Mazda 323 instrument panel? So literally pick up the 3 and put it into the 323?

I am aware of the slight changes in dimensions and the wiring behind the panels, but could it be possible? :) I quite like the tubular design and would like to see that incorporated into my SP20.

Thanks in advance,

aRb

chipa
08-02-2005, 10:32 PM
1st - Welcome to the forums
2nd - I'm guessing you are talking about the 'pod' style instrument panel. I had a quick squiz between mine (SP20) and a mates SP23. I'd say you would be quite challenged to make it fit and still look good. If you really want that style you'd probably be looking at fibreglass and a fun DIY session.

platypus
08-02-2005, 10:43 PM
you could probably do it - only real issue i'd see is making sure that the speed pulse is going to feed correctly

Nate
13-02-2005, 01:53 PM
if i was you i would modify your stock guages ... i think there is even a spare cluster on ebay from somewhere in europe going cheap ... would be cheaper and probably a lot easier to do

grab some pvc pipe or something simliar to to use as a frame for the the pod ... and the you can fiberglass and paint around it ... even add some of those silver rings around the top and it would look sweet ... hell i made that sound so easy i might even give it a try :P

good luck:P

PS - WELCOME!!!