PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket cruise control

tim
11-02-2005, 11:11 AM
hello everyone, i'm the guy that has the sparkle green V6 astina with the country style driving lights on the front of it from the australia day cruise.

just wondering if anyone has fitted aftermarket cruise control to their cars? is it reliable, any problems with it???

cheers
-tim

Cosmo Dude
11-02-2005, 05:37 PM
BA never came from the factory with CC. So anyone with CC has after market. Mine had it and it worked faultlessly except that at instal the control unit was never fixed to anything.

chipa
13-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Just watch out for the fun vaccum driven ones, The BJ's didn't come with CC but the dealers fitted an aftermarket one into mine. They stuffed up the hose's on both mine and a mates (sold at different times). Once I fixed them they worked flawlessly.

nalawa
15-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Been doing some research on this very subject. So far there seems to be two choices in terms of brand, Command or AUSCRUISE.

Command CCs are available from AUTOBARN and AUTO ONE. They come in do it yourself kits or professional installs. Also available in either vaccum control or electric, stalk or steering wheel mount. Best price I have found so far to get an AP500 (top end electric model) installed is $795.00 with a 2 year parts and installation warranty

http://www.actionimports.com.au/command.htm

AUSCRUISE is made by AUTRON (an Australian company) Again you have a the choice of Vaccum or electric, stalk or steering wheel. Price wise to get it installed with a 1 year warranty is about $700 - $800 depending on model, control type.

http://www.autron.com.au/newweb/index1280.htm

Chris

tim
17-02-2005, 07:35 PM
cheers people.

thanks for that, i'll keep looking into it. and start saving my money...

hopefully buying CC will save someone having another holiday from driving :)

Cosmo Dude
17-02-2005, 08:07 PM
cheers people.

thanks for that, i'll keep looking into it. and start saving my money...

hopefully buying CC will save someone having another holiday from driving :)
Ummmm
Maybe you should be concentrating more and turning down the music. The life you save may be your own.
I'm not intending to be harsh but.......

tim
24-02-2005, 08:02 PM
thanks cosmo dude, but it wasn't me... and i usually drive with the music turned down, until a good song comes on anyway :)

Cosmo Dude
24-02-2005, 08:19 PM
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cruise-control.htm

pharkn-kb
26-03-2005, 02:57 PM
i know the BA wernt available with cruise as a factory option... were they in japan?

i also think that the BA were offered an aftermaket dealer fit kit.
as just about all the BA astinas i have seen have had the exact same cruise controll system in them, some hand controller an module an all

nalawa
27-03-2005, 06:21 AM
On Club 323fs web site they have a wiring diagram for a Crusie Control for a BA.

Dogo
27-03-2005, 11:47 AM
its not in Mazda Australia's diagrams for the BA.
i think club 323f's diagrams are the Haynes manual scans from Rupewrecht.

Cosmo Dude
27-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Not sure if it's for a BA or BG. The Haynes manual covers the BA and BG years :???:

Dogo
27-03-2005, 05:39 PM
the BG Haynes manual has a few pages on the BA

Cosmo Dude
27-03-2005, 06:26 PM
It would be interesting to know if the Laser had cruise. From what I've seen the BA doesn't have the connections on the throttlebody.