PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Forest Park

Nate
27-02-2005, 02:24 PM
why not take a nice senic drive thru brisbane forest park

http://www.brisbaneforestpark.qld.gov.au/about/scenic.htm

Mt Nebo Road

Skirts the park and continues past the Mt Nebo township to Mt Glorious.
An inspiring scenic drive winding through eucalypt forest.
Why not stop at one of the several lookouts along the way?

and why not race between them :D

boostedbatman
28-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Nate without Mt Nebo in your life where would you be?.............

Nate
28-02-2005, 06:09 AM
Mt Glorious

CRA23
28-02-2005, 12:20 PM
sound like fun :)

Astro Boy
03-03-2005, 03:08 AM
and why not race between them :D

or grow up and get a life instead :)

its alright... at least you tried to get involved in real motor-sports... but then it became too difficult so you gave up.....

boostedbatman
03-03-2005, 06:02 AM

its alright... at least you tried to get involved in real motor-sports... but then it became too difficult so you gave up.....
Go run the Charade into a tree it will be better in the long run
You must find it difficult to drive to work on the dirt

Nate
03-03-2005, 11:46 AM

who did the same thing, crashed and had no way of getting the car home, and who stayed there til 1 AM with you trying to fix it? Me

:eek: :eek: :eek:

or how about you take your smart arsed little attitude back to bush-bashers are us!

motorsport ... see even tho you may have a rally car and may have some abillity to drive on dirt ... thats the motor bit ... but it takes more than that ... what about the sportsmanship ... well lets see ... first you go crash your car into your own fence, then running around balling your eyes out blaming it all on daddy... who ivites you around and helps you fix your car ... gives you somewhere to sleep while you have a teary with dad? Me

who gave you free accomodation and paided for half your fuel when you went to sydney, and you spent the whole time locked up in your bedroom rooting your gf... who runs around appolagizing for your appauling behavour and manners? Me

you run around on internet forums telling people they have no idea how it is done in the "real world" and who is sposed to sit here and let you bad mouth everything all my mates say ... NOT ME

great sportsman you are

someone just ban the 'rally superstar' he has nothing to add to this forum :)

boostedbatman
03-03-2005, 02:17 PM
who did the same thing, crashed and had no way of getting the car home, and who stayed there til 1 AM with you trying to fix it? Me

:eek: :eek: :eek:

or how about you take your smart arsed little attitude back to bush-bashers are us!

motorsport ... see even tho you may have a rally car and may have some abillity to drive on dirt ... thats the motor bit ... but it takes more than that ... what about the sportsmanship ... well lets see ... first you go crash your car into your own fence, then running around balling your eyes out blaming it all on daddy... who ivites you around and helps you fix your car ... gives you somewhere to sleep while you have a teary with dad? Me

who gave you free accomodation and paided for half your fuel when you went to sydney, and you spent the whole time locked up in your bedroom rooting your gf... who runs around appolagizing for your appauling behavour and manners? Me

you run around on internet forums telling people they have no idea how it is done in the "real world" and who is sposed to sit here and let you bad mouth everything all my mates say ... NOT ME

great sportsman you are

someone just ban the 'rally superstar' he has nothing to add to this forum :)

Firstly: :eek: :eek: :D :D
Secondly: RAOFLMFAO
Thirdly: This is AstinaGT.com not MRTrally so I think you must be lost
looks like you need a friend
Sorry the doors here are locked so there is always Kids Helpline

KittyKatSmack
03-03-2005, 05:50 PM
*uses super moderator powers for evil instead of good*

Nate: We all know you are a generous person that helps any and all in need.
Try not to get upset ok?

Greg: Enough cherry picking!
I don't know the full story of what is going on here, but lets face it - airing dirty laundry on the internet doesn't achieve anything.

I have an appropriate picture:

http://members.dodo.net.au/~grindercom/argument.jpg

chicaboo
03-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Oh let them argue, it used to give me the ****s, but now I got no life and am living back at my mum's I need something to compensate for that... :p

Astro Boy
04-03-2005, 01:26 AM
bush-bashers are us!

i like that

see even tho you may have some abillity to drive on dirt

who has to be one of the best up and coming rally drivers

funny how your opinions change ;)

you spent the whole time locked up in your bedroom rooting your gf

wtf?... i don't recall having a girlfriend when we went to sydney, and you ran of to the v8's without me, so stop ya winging

who runs around appolagizing for your appauling behavour and manners?

even more WTF? certainly not you!!!

you run around on internet forums telling people they have no idea how it is done in the "real world"

well when it came to motorsport, he did have no idea, i don't remember getting a reply after i quoted pages from the CAMS manual... conseded defeat from where i'm standing....

and who is sposed to sit here and let you bad mouth everything all my mates say

woops... my bad... i didn't realise the guy who tried to get your girl pregnant was your mate....

mmm....

he has nothing to add to this forum :)

well.. funny... cause you've been recommending Lucas brake pads pretty confidently... now... you've never even driven a car with them... so who's advice are you going on... mmm.... i wonder....

why dont you ask the five people who came up to the test day just how much ability i have on dirt, and better still, ask them who was sporting enought to let them all flog (two of whom don't even have licenses), his brand new rally car around.... mmm...

sorry nate, you lost out... if its any consilation, just be happy that from one event, you got one win (100%), and your name in australia's premier rally publication, though i'm sure autosaloon, or "rice burner's are us" would mean more to you anyway....

KittyKatSmack
04-03-2005, 11:26 AM
This is not a competition where there are winners and losers (see my picture above).

If you both have issues to sort out, please do it anywhere but a public forum?

So much of what has been said here is not necessary, and isn't of any real interest to the rest of us. (no matter what chicaboo says about entertainment, lol).

Let it go already, or you will be in the Litter Box without a spatula!

No more one upmanship between you two!!!
I don't care who started it, and who finishes it, because it will be one of us moderators that will finish it at this rate.

Back to the topic at hand please.

platypus
04-03-2005, 11:33 AM
oh i missed part of this? how did that happen??

oh well Jerry is on in 1/2 an hour :p

Nate
04-03-2005, 12:06 PM
oh i missed part of this? how did that happen??

oh well Jerry is on in 1/2 an hour :p

james you need a job!! no more jerry ... bad james ... bad james

twilightprotege
04-03-2005, 12:33 PM
he just wishes he was there

platypus
04-03-2005, 05:53 PM
only coz the sun is shining, - after all you know what they say beautiful one day.... over run by cops in charades the next

or did you mean on jerry?

Astro Boy
04-03-2005, 06:16 PM
over run by cops in charades the next

yeah have another drink....

chicaboo
04-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Serious hat on now,

I think BB's Astina bashing was unessary, this is an Astina Forum afterall. But back in a time when I tried to unofficialy moderate things between J and BB on two seperate occasions, none of the mods took a personal interest at that time until I PMed one of them... This incident got capped pretty early in the piece, but is still quite tame compared to ones that have dragged out over several pages filling the forum with **** for days (including 2 seperate altercations that included a now moderator).

I can appreciate that this brief therapy session started aluding to incedances that affected several friends on the forum on a personal level, this is obviously not tolerated and it was appropriate for Kitty to pull out the wet plastic spatula when she did (thanks for the props too btw ;) ). I have to admit to getting a giggle out of some BS lately, but I think we all know the who rooted who comments don't need to be brought up on the forum (we discuss that on MSN :D )...

But please be consistant moderators, it is obvious that personal relationships dictate where the line is drawn at times (understandably so I guess?)... But this is something I have noticed at times, and I think an element of detachment is needed with regard to certain members and topics.

J: I am very impressed with your conduct and self control on this occasion.
BB: It takes character to bite your lip and walk away from conflict mate. I think you need to reasess your AstinaGT ettiquette before it's too late (if it's not already). I appreciate your knowledge and rally experience, but you need to share it with maturity otherwise people won't take you seriously.

In famous Gav tradition, this is my one and only rant on this off topic digretion. If I get a slap on the wrist for potentially further perpetuating an argurment I do apologise in advance.

So how about those forests?
Gav.

platypus
04-03-2005, 11:21 PM
you have a hat?

oh well i'm gonna go have that drink now :p
(not sure if i was to be offended at that - but if you were implying i'm delusional.... i knew that, like everyone here knows)

chicaboo
04-03-2005, 11:25 PM
you have a hat?Yeah man, didn't you see my collection of hats in the boot? :D

platypus
04-03-2005, 11:33 PM
only ht eone with beer holders and straws

Rupewrecht
05-03-2005, 12:43 PM
A lot of it depends on when it's brought to a moderators attention, as to how quickly something is done. If we're PMed, then it will be discussed and steps will be taken, if appropriate. I personally try not to favour people, and usually i don't.

But if it's the same people over and over again causing trouble, then they'll be stamped upon quick the 2nd/3rd time around, as in this case

twilightprotege
05-03-2005, 10:13 PM
can we get back on topic pls?

chicaboo
05-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I'm not totaly sure what the topic is now after all of that... Plus I had to read stuff, and that's not one of my superpowers. :o
We've done Glorious and Nebo a few times, I'm still willing to attract you savages from the Northside down closer to the border for that Tamborine>GC Hinterland cruise someday.
But I don't want to detract from Nates thread, not that I'm sure what the point was as of yet? So Nate, what did you have planned for this run?

Gav.

Astro Boy
07-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Serious hat on now,

I think BB's Astina bashing was unessary, this is an Astina Forum afterall. But back in a time when I tried to unofficialy moderate things between J and BB on two seperate occasions, none of the mods took a personal interest at that time until I PMed one of them... This incident got capped pretty early in the piece, but is still quite tame compared to ones that have dragged out over several pages filling the forum with **** for days (including 2 seperate altercations that included a now moderator).

I can appreciate that this brief therapy session started aluding to incedances that affected several friends on the forum on a personal level, this is obviously not tolerated and it was appropriate for Kitty to pull out the wet plastic spatula when she did (thanks for the props too btw ;) ). I have to admit to getting a giggle out of some BS lately, but I think we all know the who rooted who comments don't need to be brought up on the forum (we discuss that on MSN :D )...

But please be consistant moderators, it is obvious that personal relationships dictate where the line is drawn at times (understandably so I guess?)... But this is something I have noticed at times, and I think an element of detachment is needed with regard to certain members and topics.

J: I am very impressed with your conduct and self control on this occasion.
BB: It takes character to bite your lip and walk away from conflict mate. I think you need to reasess your AstinaGT ettiquette before it's too late (if it's not already). I appreciate your knowledge and rally experience, but you need to share it with maturity otherwise people won't take you seriously.

In famous Gav tradition, this is my one and only rant on this off topic digretion. If I get a slap on the wrist for potentially further perpetuating an argurment I do apologise in advance.

So how about those forests?
Gav.

Gav, you appear to have an incredible ability to be able to moderate and tolerate people when by all accounts they appear to be total wankers, and you don't pass judgement without knowing all the details.... if that's what you're really like, then i have an enormous amount of admiration for that......

twilightprotege
07-03-2005, 08:11 AM
hence the reason i suggested him as a qld mod

and he's always on cruises

chicaboo
07-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Gav, you appear to have an incredible ability to be able to moderate and tolerate people when by all accounts they appear to be total wankers, and you don't pass judgement without knowing all the details.... if that's what you're really like, then i have an enormous amount of admiration for that......Yeah dude, I'm big enough and ugly and have made enough mistakes in the past to not get phased by some crap. I've realised if a bit of garbage has to be touted around for things to move in the right direction, then that's how it has to be...
I only really have a short tolerance for people who contribute nothing and pass stupid comments, and don't show any signs of growth on the forum. I won't talk bad of these people on the forum, but if they mature enough and change then they will earn my respect again (This is not you by the way Greg, you have demonstrated that you posess knowledge).

I give everyone a chance (even though I might have the odd dig jokingly :D ),
Gav.

KittyKatSmack
07-03-2005, 02:23 PM
So can anyone tell me more about these cruises?
Mt Glorious, Nebo, Glasshouse Mountains etc.
Some truly stunning countryside to be sure, so what has the best twisty's? which run has the best views? What is the best thing to do when you get there, besides cruise that is?
I would love an opportunity to go cruising when we travel up that way midyear, especially as Aaron hasn't really been out in the countryside for a while.
Is it going to be wet and rainy in June?

I am genuinely interested in the thread topic so can we get back on track please?

Ta!

boostedbatman
07-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Is it going to be wet and rainy in June?
Hang on I will just look out the window
Andy is a good little service soldier when it comes to specifics on the cruises as he spends more time holding up the club with his Granny Shifting and his head out the window looking at the trees.............
Seriously there are a number of "perty" cruises and the Hinterland cruise that Gav is working on sounds like a good mix between a picturesque tried and won cruise of Andys with a bit of new fun along the way. That should be a winner

chicaboo
07-03-2005, 03:25 PM
I was thinking if Kitty hasn't had a chance to fully experience the Nebo/Glourious experience, then a BBQ there is in order! This way she get's to see the giant 4-5' long mooching monitors scrounging for food scraps around the picnic areas!

KittyKatSmack
08-03-2005, 09:09 AM
*packs whip and chair*

We will be travelling on a budget too, so nothing expensive.
Prolly have the big blue BA with us too.
Will try to remember to pack my CB, if I can remember where it is....

Fun, Frolics and Festivities

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay <------ kermit the frog style
*goes off like a frog in a sock*

chicaboo
08-03-2005, 08:32 PM
No fuzz on the budgetage, if you can't afford any food for the BBQ, Nate can always go catch you a giant Gonna, dem's good eatin'!
http://www.msprotege.com/members/twilightprotege/GChinterland/1turkeynate.jpg
He never did catch that scrub turkey though...

platypus
08-03-2005, 08:54 PM
or he could cook up a truck

KittyKatSmack
08-03-2005, 10:09 PM
That pic is classic!!!!!

*big belly laugh*

I really needed it tonight too!

Thanks! :)