PDA

View Full Version : Ba hardtop driving lights

Cosmo Dude
16-12-2002, 06:49 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Hi,
I believe some of you have been lookin' for driving lights that fit in the factory holes.
I found at an Autobarn some that fit quite well, 'bout 3mm clearence all round. SIRIUS PLUS 2000, the kit comes with all required to fit to any car (wiring loom :( switch, relay and lights :p )
You will need to make an 'L' shaped bracket to fix your light to, drill a large enough hole for the light mount, line up the bracket to the two bottom screw posts in the bumber to the bracket and drill matching holes (I utilised the blanking plates as a guide here) fix to the bumper and adjust. Refit the bumber (yes its gotta come off first) and splice the wiring into the factory plug (located clipped to the bar under the head lamp assy. Remove the L/H side kick panel and fix a relay to the spare relay socket, fit the switch $120 from mazda [ouch] (first blank to the right of the steering column) and Bob is your uncle.

See Ya Slideways

P.S. would have photo here but don't know how to do that yet :;):[/color:post_uid1]

MrShadow
16-12-2002, 10:36 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm going to use an aviation style switch with a missile switch cover (from Jaycar). Should look sweet, and it's cheaper than Mazda's switch (try chopping the 0 off the end of the price!). Next up, I'm gonna use the same switch for a NOS system (well, mabey not) :p[/color:post_uid0]