PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Mountains v. Bathurst cruise april

platypus
08-03-2005, 03:22 PM
go here:

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59469#post59469

chicaboo
08-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Oh, what a great sounding cruise! I hope I can manage the time away to make it down there for it... The later you can manage it, probably the better?

Gav.

Red Frog
08-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I VOTE LONG WKEND!! Sat 23rd - Sun 24th April. long wkend.....*chant*.....long wkend.....*chant*....long wkend.....*chant! should i keep on going to try and persssssuuuade u all?.... :D

or Sat 7th - Sun 8th May. If ppls just want to cruise for the Sat and go home fair enuff. But i say: cruise to MT ZOOM ZOOM (btw i do have the rights to this title now as it twas MOI idea muahahaha) on sat, stay overnite (CAMPING!!!!!! t'would be tre fun ;) ) and leave early Sunday morning and go for a cruise to Mudgee and do whinnnnnnnnnnnneries!

Whose up for that? MMMMMM mudgee honey and whinnnneee. and i want to go away on a mini-break. i love a sun-burnt country, a land of sweeping plains......sorry i think that glass of wine i had for dinner went to my head *meeeehhh*

Actually, James, any of those days would suit me fine cept for sat 30th april and 1st of may and 15th May as i'm working at KWG. Ta lovey :D

platypus
08-03-2005, 07:38 PM
well you all read it.. what do you think?
i'm happy to do it - i did really want to go to the canberra service on monday

Red Frog
08-03-2005, 08:07 PM
i did really want to go to the canberra service on monday

james, really, u have been planning this for over 4 yrs now.....well okay if u REALLY are going to go to canberra, then the 7-8th would be fine too.

platypus
08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah i know... i should do it one day :p

regardless of that the 23rd woudl be a good weekend then?? i shall set it down as that weekend - since it will be a long weekend

Red Frog
08-03-2005, 08:26 PM
yah!!!!!!! i love being influencial ;) hehehe just j/k. well the long wkend means that if ppls from wollongong or *bless them* qld or canberra *wink wink* want to attend, they've got more time to get there and won't have to run off as soon as they get there.

platypus
08-03-2005, 08:39 PM
pay attention - gaz... oh i meant gav (that was aimed at leigh :p) siad he'd be interested.... which means that we have to do a QLD cruise in june with the kitty

chicaboo
08-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah, when you guys have decided on a firm date :rolleyes: I will decide one way or the other, but the further away from now the better, as I will be in a better financial position to do so. And any excuse to see more of NSW is appealing too. I really liked the countryside along the New England on the way down there last time!
Keep in mind I really want to have my manual transplant in before I do another big trip down south too. Chances are that will be happening in a months time, but I need to find a doner car first...

Gav.

KittyKatSmack
08-03-2005, 09:24 PM
I will not miss Anzac Day service, sorry guys n gals.

muchos muchos hugs n all but I am a firm believer in the traditions...... I AM still in the Defence Force, albeit kicking and screaming all the way!!!

It sounds like a wonderful weekend, and if health, funds and time permits, I think Aaron and I would jump at a nice weekend away.

Will keep updated on this thread and watch with great interest!

Good work James!!!

platypus
08-03-2005, 11:40 PM
i'm not suggesting miss mondays service as i am planning to get my ass down for monday morning....

Red Frog
09-03-2005, 12:16 AM
bah! i do have faith in u.....trust me i do, but i will believe it when i see it. getting from bathurst to home to canberra in less than 24hrs? priceless....

platypus
09-03-2005, 01:08 AM
why woul i go home?
anyway thats got nothing to do with the cruise at hand keep it on topic eh ?

KittyKatSmack
09-03-2005, 09:32 AM
*hands the whip to James*

Red Frog
09-03-2005, 03:57 PM
oh woteva, seriously. :p

arden
10-03-2005, 03:56 PM
yeh talk to da hand.

chicaboo
10-03-2005, 10:47 PM
yeh talk to da hand.We would, but yours is always busy mate! :rolleyes:

arden
11-03-2005, 01:01 AM
that was uncalled for.
in fact thats bordering on being unaustralian!!!!!!!

chicaboo
11-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh come on, you love it! Ozmazdaclub would be proud of me right now.

chicaboo
12-03-2005, 01:40 PM
So, did you guys decide on a date? I 'd love to make it down there, but like I said, the later the better for me. That way I can have my manual all sussed out and on the zoom for the big day!
I might be down that way to pick up my manual sometime in the next month too? So I will speak to the right people when I know what's happening about that. But chances are I won't be able to make that coincide with the cruise day unfortunately...?

Gav.

platypus
12-03-2005, 03:24 PM
yep i'm exploring the options. shall be presented soon

date is to be April the 23rd - and has been marked on the cruise and birthday calender

chicaboo
13-03-2005, 12:59 AM
It looks like the manual SP18 will be unveiled for the next QLD cruise. Hopefully I will have sold the auto SP18 and have sufficient funds to make it down to this cruise by then... Not only that, hopefully my Eibachs and Injen will be in the manual SP18 by then too... SP16 better not try to race me though, he broke his headers last time he tried that!

Gav.

platypus
13-03-2005, 07:03 AM
damn 1.6 - so much power it blows welds apart

chicaboo
13-03-2005, 09:43 AM
OMG, I love it! Yeah, that'd be the problem. If only you could harness that power and direct it to the wheels now...

Red Frog
21-03-2005, 11:56 AM
BUMP!!

This is still a definate goer. 23rd April we're cruisin' to Bathurst!

Who's interested?? Jot ur name down and we'll get a rough idea of numbers.

chicaboo
21-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Jots for Gav. Provided the auto is sold and I have money...

platypus
21-03-2005, 03:32 PM
sorry guys, i havn't posted anything more about this... been busy (yeah i know...) but shall be posting this one up later tonight all being well!!

dru
21-03-2005, 09:09 PM
I might be up for a cruise, even though i just joined the site....i selected the 23rd, long weekend suits me cause no uni or anything to attend, plus its 2 days after my b'day!

Red Frog
21-03-2005, 09:37 PM
the mooooore the merrier!! welcome welcome!! :)
james is still organising this cruise atm. so finer details will come a bit later. he's very busy atm, sitting on HIS ASS!! ;) hehehe wait, i forgot....he don't have an ass....but he has been busy, apparently :rolleyes:

neways, if anyone wants to stay overnight i can organise accomodation. i'll be more than happy to organise a lunch venue also. so i DIBS on getting us booked at a nice restaurant with scrummy yummy lunch :) *licks lips in anticipation*

chicaboo
21-03-2005, 09:43 PM
In James' defense, GT4 DOES take up a lot of time out of a day...

Red Frog
21-03-2005, 09:47 PM
it's 'defence', gav.....tsk tsk......the qld education system disheartens me, to see our young to mid-young population lacking good phonological skills......;) hehehe

yes, and so does sleeping i spose, oh and watching weebl, oh and eating (well he doesn't do too much of this), oh and chatting online and posting on AGT, and taking apart his car for the sake of it......life's tough, hey.

platypus
21-03-2005, 10:03 PM
car is up for a run now...

after 2 days of work, and for your memory leigh i have my obligations to the government atm... 1-5 every day i have to go to "work" :p

job interviews, and job scouting takes time too ;p

chicaboo
21-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Argh, damn Australian English! As I was typing I was thinking how the teacher would correct me if I got it wrong anyway...

Gav from The Smart State, hiyuck hiyuck...

Red Frog
21-03-2005, 11:24 PM
car is up for a run now...

after 2 days of work, and for your memory leigh i have my obligations to the government atm... 1-5 every day i have to go to "work" :p

job interviews, and job scouting takes time too ;p

ahhh dur! i know that! u get fridays off thou and weekends! and it's not 1-5. u said it was more like 1-3. i saw rob and stewy 2day! hehehe i don't think they saw me thou. u should pay them a visit. i'm sure rob could hook u up with sth.

bpt-4w
23-03-2005, 11:27 PM
hi guys i live in the mountains and wouldn't mind doing a run out to bathurst as well , though that depends if i get picked to march in sydney or not (to far out to know yet, yep i'm in defence as well) so if i don't get done i will go in my familia to give it a good run.

Red Frog
29-03-2005, 08:18 PM
james!!! get ur ass around to organising this cruise. it's getting close now.

platypus
29-03-2005, 08:36 PM
sorry i've been uber distracted....

meet up is to be McDonalds carpark on the M4 Eastern Creek, meet planned to be at 9:15am.... and completly leave on 10am - no later!!!

Then cruise to Katoomba Three Sister's for a coffee and some pic's..arr: 12am...dep:1ish noon.

Then a 20-30mins drive to the Pub for lunch...

and then onward to bathurst!!
recommend if you are staying there, book it now!!

other options for others not wanting to cruise onward to bathurst, is to go down to jenolan (which could be quite fun) or stay at the imperial!!!

some would recognise this cruise as we did it in august :p

but should be a good event, feel free to invite anyone you want

lunch shall be here: http://www.bluemts.com.au/hotelimperial/

Red Frog
30-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Who is attending the cruise to Lunch?
ahb11m
red frog
chicaboo ?
dru ?
bpt-4w ?

Who is attending the cruise to Bathurst?
ahb11m
red frog
chicaboo ?
dru ?
bpt-4w ?

Who is intending to stay overnight in Bathurst?
ahb11m ?
red frog
chicaboo ?

platypus
30-03-2005, 11:06 PM
mods please close this thread -
new thread:
http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59470#post59470