PDA

View Full Version : stereo bracket

Skymaz
18-03-2005, 08:43 AM
hi everyone i have a 1990 astina 323 sp and recently had my stereo stolen along with the incredibly hard to find (as i have found) head unit bracket. If anyone has any ideas or knows of a place i am able to find this bracket i'm desperate

Rupewrecht
18-03-2005, 09:47 AM
mazda might have one in stock - it's possible but unlikely, or probably a wrecker/pick-a-part is your best bet.

and welcome to AGT :)

andrewgrazier
18-03-2005, 03:17 PM
are you replacing it with a single DIN one like from sony or alpine?
or was that what you had in it?
was just thinking if someone stole the orginial unit they must be disabled or something

Skymaz
21-03-2005, 10:28 AM
i had the original headunit replaced with a pioneer headunit which was stolen and now have an alpine headunit waiting to be put in

andrewgrazier
21-03-2005, 02:56 PM
ah ok
ive got an alpine one in my car and it didnt come with any brackets
n the ones which held the old stereo in were no where close
but my car had the 1na half n a half kinda double din ones

Cosmo Dude
21-03-2005, 03:41 PM
The alpine should come with a kina sleave thingie that clips into the dash and the HU slides into that.
I had to make an MDF facia for the 929. You can see the grey metal sleave and how it fits into the MDF.

platypus
21-03-2005, 04:30 PM
this is a new alpine unit then??

there is some brackets that i bought aaaages ago, to fit a stereo, turned out you don't need them for most newer headunits!!!

i got mine from big w, when they had a decent range, i think jaycar/dicksmith still sells the right ones... the kit comes with 2 big L brackets, 2 long L brackets, and a few long strips, idea being you can atatch it to something behind all that plastic dash!!!

Skymaz
22-03-2005, 08:41 AM
yeah it was a new headunit and came with a sleave but the sleave doesn't fit into the astina. It came with a standard larger headunit and equaliser originally i tried modifying the sleave but the metal wasn't strong enough but the kit sounds good i'll give it a try thanks

platypus
22-03-2005, 10:29 AM
so you have a gap, and need a din adaptor?? pocket thing

MeFo
22-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I've got a gap in mine, how can I fill it?

platypus
22-03-2005, 04:31 PM
use a pocket

Mazda_Brian
22-03-2005, 07:23 PM
hi everyone i have a 1990 astina 323 sp and recently had my stereo stolen along with the incredibly hard to find (as i have found) head unit bracket. If anyone has any ideas or knows of a place i am able to find this bracket i'm desperate

I have just had the same thing happen to my 180sx, if I knew the mongrels where going to cause this much damage, I wouldhave unhooked the stereo, and left it next to the car for them (arseholes).

Anyway, best thing to do is check the wreckers, most people dont do enough damage that they destroy the stereo bracket.

If yuor in Sydney, try Leader Japanese Wreckers, the are located in Tempe, and have been supplying me small odds and ends for my last 2 cars for the last 7 months :)

B.