PDA

View Full Version : June Cruise

twilightprotege
21-03-2005, 12:32 PM
well since us qlder's will be having a few mexicans for a while, lets get some thoughts moving.

i know we were thinking track day, but i dont know how many would definately be in on it as circuit racing full on kills your tyres. so i thought waddabout drag racing (shock)

there is a test and tune on saturday 4 june. the following weekend is the winternationals so that'll be out, there is no racing on 18 june and the 25th is the street series racing (ie busy)

queens burpday holiday is 13 june (monday) so if we wanna do anything saturday 4 june is really it and then the long weekend we could have a couple of long cruises or something?

so what are we thinking???

twilightprotege
21-03-2005, 12:50 PM
actually, before we go any further, when are the mexicans (aka jimbob, froggy, kitty and aaron) coming up?

chicaboo
21-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I think Kritta is having a birthday thing on the 11th? And Pete and I may have our joint 29th birthdays on the 25th possibly...

Anythings OK with me...
Gav.

platypus
21-03-2005, 03:39 PM
i'm thinking early on for kittywa, but i'm flexible, thinking that the long weekend might be good coz its a long weekend, but i still need ot work out whether i can go for awhile, or go for a weekend

twilightprotege
21-03-2005, 03:46 PM
well just keep in mind when the drag racing is on

platypus
21-03-2005, 04:20 PM
bah, i'd only ned to go to get my break out time :p

Red Frog
21-03-2005, 06:20 PM
i'm available from the 14th onwards. i could possibly do the long weekend IF i hand my assignment in on the friday....which with enuff motivation is a possibility i'd say. i'm thinking (for myself) 18th/19th BUT if gav is gonna have a PARTAY - qld style - on the 25th (and if i'm invited, of course....) i'll be happy with the weekend of the 25th/26th. but long weekend? probably a bit iffy for me considering uni has only just finished and i've still got assignments due. so i'm ruling that out atm. but i'm def gonna come up for at least a week - prob bout 8, 9, 10 days. might go to the sunshine coast for a few nites. will see what the piggy bank says closer to the time. therefore, plan whateva u like for woteva day (+ i sure won't be puttin my little baby on a track of ANY sort!), cos i'm sure in the week and a bit i come up for, we can organise a little cruise up the mountain or sth.

platypus
21-03-2005, 07:16 PM
leigh, can cruise up together, and piss each other off on the radio :p

plus the drag strip will be ok for your car, no real stress, its kinda like driving in sydney :p

chicaboo
21-03-2005, 09:32 PM
WOW, didn't the architect say something about choice and therein lays the problem?
Just tell me what I'm doing and when I will be there...

Gav.

Red Frog
21-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Partay Partay Partay Partay!! ;)

boostedbatman
21-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Thats the plan and if all goes well and I stop wasting the pocket I will be sporting some kind of MAD BATMACHINE to tear strips from my tyres so bring on what will be will be and I will try my best to sort out my $$$ spending ****e and get my head on straight

twilightprotege
22-03-2005, 07:24 AM
an idea, maybe we could go drag racing on a wednesday night? they are on the 22nd and 29th.

gates open 5pm, racing starts 530pm.

more than likely a lot less cars on a wednesday night???

scott
22-03-2005, 09:52 PM
I could be in for a drag session if I still have the car. I've been meaning to get it out, but just been to busy last couple of months. Things are dying down now, and there should be nothing on at that time, so I might finally get to show you guys the car.

KittyKatSmack
22-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Travel plans for us are not yet sorted out, but I think we will be heading north on Friday 10th June, but we have to be back in ACT by the weekend of the 25th I think.....

I need to confirm it all, but in the meantime, I would say early to mid June.

I won't speak for Aaron, but for myself I don't know if I'm all that keen on drags.....
I want to catchup with everyone most definately.

I'd say the weekend of 11th/12th June is going to be our best bet.

So what are we all going to do? Can't wait to see ya's all again :)

platypus
22-03-2005, 10:56 PM
sit around, get fat, enjoy the wine, and the tunes...

and all that stuff :p

Red Frog
29-03-2005, 08:25 PM
okay well I've taken the 11th june off work.......sooooo....now i have to start booking accom....wait.....saving up $$$ ;) hehehe
BUMP!

twilightprotege
29-03-2005, 09:08 PM
the 11th only?

scott
29-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah, that's gonna be a quick trip north ;)

Red Frog
30-03-2005, 10:28 PM
nah....sat's r hard to find someone to work for me. the rest of the week is no problem at all - therefore this can be arranged at a later date. probably won't leave till monday, thou, depending on what you all end up organising for that long weekend.

boostedbatman
31-03-2005, 05:09 AM
I do like the idea of the drags on Wed the 22nd as this is one day before the old man hits 29. I am determined to get the car ready for some serious thrashing and will be paying for the engine this week so I hope all the bits and go fast parts are sourced and received by then. Bring on the tyre shredding Andy

KittyKatSmack
01-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Sounds to me like a bit of a ROAD TRIP could be planned.

Either Friday 10th June or Saturday 11th June to head north and partay on the Gold Coast.

Can't wait to see what has been done to the Batmobile *grins*

This is going to be so great, like a get together of all and sundry *wibbles*

I may even be persuaded to take the itty bitty mazda for a cruise.

We all need to find a place to stay together, and I wanna do Seaworld dammit!
(it's a tradition)

So sitting around, getting fat, enjoying wine and tunes sounds AWESOME!

The next ponderance is where?
Long weekend means we can do Sat night, Sunday brunch n cruise, Sunday night casual and Monday drive back for those poor suckers that have to work for a living :D

Saturday night is going to be the r0><0rs!

;)

chicaboo
01-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Grooveynessnous, I'm easy (can't afford not to be!), just tell me where and when...
Any ideas if anything is gonna happen for the dynamic duo each turning 29?

boostedbatman
01-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Hopefully we get lots of credit for being so old and wise

chicaboo
01-04-2005, 08:05 PM
There IS one even older, but we prolly shouldn't bring that up...
Argh, gotta atleast get a slap on the back for lasting this long.

KittyKatSmack
02-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately I don't think I will still be up that way for the 'oldies' birthdays, lol, but maybe we can have a pre birthday bash for them?

Basically I am just not well enough for a big event, but a get together with good friends, great company and a bottle of red might just be what the doctor ordered ;)

I will pre order any walking frames that are required, I know a good supplier LMAO!!

*giggles and backs away from the 'puter slowly*

Zoomer
13-04-2005, 08:37 AM
I'll most likely be there. Just depends on when it is.

Nate
13-04-2005, 09:21 AM
why dont we do this when you guys are here >>> http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4115

Red Frog
13-04-2005, 04:02 PM
^^^ bcos then that leaves out those ppl who can't attend in May (*looks at myself*). just make up ur minds about dates okay, cos May is only 2 weeks away.
regardless of a cruise i'm still coming up but definately not until the last 3 weeks of june when uni is over and school holis are on the way.

Nate
13-04-2005, 04:11 PM
i ment do it in june when you guys are here ;)