PDA

View Full Version : Removing cd player in 323 hardtop v6

edskii
17-11-2002, 10:10 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]could some1 plz give me some help to remove the cd player in the 323 V6 Hrdtop. It comes with the car now i want to put new sys in but simply can't take the existing one out. I've removed the cover on top of the handbrakes, then the next plastic cover for the gear knob. I managed to pull the top component off which is not original (I like to know what was there before) and the bottom component is the Cd player, which i can't pull out. there's afew V6 hardtop owners in here so please help. Thanks in advance .......:-)[/color:post_uid0]

Dogo
17-11-2002, 11:16 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]the stock head units needed 2 pins to be inserted down each side of the unit to remove them. There is a proper tool for this which is kinda like a U shape, or u can find some other kind of pin to stick down there. coathanger? I didnt realise this at first and took mine to my local mazda dealer / service place and they did it for me in 2 sec. no charge.
So if u have trouble maybe do that ???

Dave[/color:post_uid0]

Trev323
03-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey all. I'm reopening this thread cos its similar to what I want to find out and didn't want to start another thread. I've got a 1994 BA and looking at putting in new head unit. I've removed a h/u from a BJ before so pulling the BA one out shouldn't be a prob. Once i remove the h/u, dont i still need to take out the side panels so i can screw in my new h//u or is there like a braket which can be removed without taking off the panels?

With the factory speaker wiring, they go from the speaker straight to the head unit? Otherwise i may need to rewire the speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
03-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Me and a couple of mates winged it on sat, its not really all that hard.. just can be tricky finding where all teh screws and everything you need to remove are..

but you can check here, just came across it then:

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4514

9th Post Down..

might be helpful!

Trev323
06-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. Is it even necessary to remove the entire dash to fit an aftermarket h/u? Seems like alot of work!

CityEnd
07-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. Is it even necessary to remove the entire dash to fit an aftermarket h/u? Seems like alot of work!

depends on how secure u want your h/u to be, does ur new h/u come with a metal brace?, when i installed my h/u i just out the brace in and secured that and then slid the h/u into that... easy, but when i took it oout, i tried to see how easy it was to remove and it was quite easy.

Trev323
07-07-2006, 12:15 PM
depends on how secure u want your h/u to be, does ur new h/u come with a metal brace?, when i installed my h/u i just out the brace in and secured that and then slid the h/u into that... easy, but when i took it oout, i tried to see how easy it was to remove and it was quite easy.

I've got a Alpine h/u and it comes with the brace but i wouldn't imagine it would be hard to remove. Most h/u's can be removed from the brace using "keys" which aren't hard to come by. I'll just have to take it apart and see I guess.

Thanks anyway.

Cincinnatus
08-07-2006, 01:01 AM
The only thing which is slightly not standard is the centre speaker on the V6 (on the dash) is hooked up through a mini amp under the ash tray. The mini amp hooks up into the system. I'm not sure if you'd be able to connect it to an after market jobie, might have to do without it.

Mckensy
10-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Hey with this mini amp which hooks up to the central speaker, how hard is it to get to it? coz i'm thinking of hooking up my phone's hands free kit to this speaker.

thanks