PDA

View Full Version : Rear fog lights

mike_d87
08-04-2005, 07:31 PM
hey i just had a really funny idea.

doesn't it really annoy you when you're driving nearly at the speed limit and there is someone tailgating you and they flash their lights and stuff? well i have seen a number of cars with their rear lights sprayed the body colour as well as one reverse light completely blocked out.

so i figured why not get a fibre optical fog light and stick it in a reverse socket, wire it to a switch and blast the tailgater!! it sounds stupid but i reckon i can pull it off if it's legal.

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME

Pato's Astina
08-04-2005, 08:03 PM
r u sure its not the cops behind u flashing there lights

mike_d87
08-04-2005, 08:12 PM
lol it wont matter if u flash em!

-BraXta-
08-04-2005, 08:22 PM
well i know that Excels and Accents have a rear fog light.. its just a really bright red light so ppl can see em braking in the fog...

I think its a funny idea =P

but then.. when you got a tailgater... wat do ya do...

slow down moooore !! =P

mike_d87
08-04-2005, 08:35 PM
yeah, the problem with excels and accents is that they r at road level, where as the reverse lights r at eye level...

Cosmo Dude
08-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Rear fog lights are on when turned on and are so the car can be seen through fog. Nufink to do with brakes.

Mike, have you ever made a mistake while driving that has inconvenienced another driver?
Is that a good reason for them to force you to the side of the road and beat the living crap out of you?

If someone behind you has their lights on high beam then turn your hazard flashers on for about 5 seconds.... they should get the message.

Nate
13-04-2005, 11:40 AM
this reminds me aobut the cruise out to canbbbbbeeeerrrrrraaaaaa for dyno day

http://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL389/1872888/3616026/92849399.jpg

ROB-80E
17-04-2005, 04:12 PM
You won't be able to use a reverse light and make it legal, I can tell you that much.

If your vehicle has been manufactured with 2 reverse lights, they are both required to light up when reverse gear is selected, otherwise, if a Cop see's you, you are at risk of a defect. ;)

I'd be more enclined to make a light up sign thats mounted in the rear window that says F.............well you get the idea. lol