PDA

View Full Version : GTX Engine/Hub Conversion

mike_d87
20-04-2005, 08:31 PM
hey guys. like most of u im looking into a bpt conversion. i have so far learnt that i need the g-series box and drive shafts because they r different. i am unsure of wat series my box is but i do have 4-stud hubs. if i have the f-series box will i need to get new hubs, perhaps even 5 studs? or will it be ok??

Cosmo Dude
20-04-2005, 08:39 PM
When you but a BP-26 into your car you could easily use the gearbox you have. Only trick is that you keep the flywheel that is common to your gearbox.

If you swap to a G-series then use the shafts from an early Astina that had a G-series and keep the standard hubs. If you use the 5 stud then you would have to put V6 hubs on the rear to keep the 5 stud theme happening.

Dogo
20-04-2005, 10:31 PM
i still havnt worked out for certain whether the v6 hubs will be a direct swap for my 4 stud ones. does any1 know a definite answer ?

ROB-80E
20-04-2005, 10:44 PM
I've been told they are Dogo, I was considering putting them on my BG. Cannot confirm for sure...but I'd say it's a 90% chance.

mike_d87 - where are you in newcastle. I know the conversion backwards. What model astina have you got?? SP? If you have the SP with the DOHC engine, you'll already have the G series box...if you have a Sohc engine, you'll have the F series.

Pm me if you ever want to catch up or want any advice on what to do to get a trouble free conversion, clutches, best parts etc etc.