PDA

View Full Version : Head light Issues

mazdaguy01
22-04-2005, 08:24 AM
I know this is the wrong section but just a quick hi to everyone out there.

Okay now for my tech related question. I have a 2003 323 Astina (australian delivered). I was driving along the other night only to have my wipers turn on (the catch is the switch was in the off position) then my head lights started doing strange things and the car finally stalled. I found my circuit breaker had half turned off so after flicking that everything seemed okay.

Now the problem I have is the I have no low beam what so ever and on high beam I dont have my little blue light in the dash lighting up but the high beams are on. The fuses are fine the relays are fine and so are the bulbs so whats the go??? Has anyone here had this problem before.

Cheers
Marcus

twilightprotege
22-04-2005, 10:44 AM
welcome to the forum!

nice problems there - if you have an 03 mazda, speak to your dealer as you are still covered under warranty

Cosmo Dude
22-04-2005, 10:55 AM
It sounds like the combo switch in the stalk has imploded. It's the kinda thing that once you open you can never put back together. As twiggy said you should think of it as a warranty claim.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard the good ship AGT.

mazdaguy01
22-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Warranty would be great but I voided that on about the 2nd day lol. After going through and changing all of my fuses and relays etc I got out the good old test light and started probing. I have somehow blown both low beams and the high beam indicator at the same time. I guess it must have surged. So all fixed now although they were Phillips Dimond vision bulbs so that hurt the wallet a bit. I think its time for xenons now.:)

twilightprotege
22-04-2005, 02:53 PM
i doubt you would have voided the warranty completely. any mod you do only voids that area of the car. what mods have you done?

Nate
22-04-2005, 03:21 PM
its like that holden ad at the moment ... biggest load of bs i have ever heard ... but who needs to worry about that when you dive a 13 year old car :rolleyes:

welcome to the site :)

Nate

chicaboo
22-04-2005, 06:36 PM
You dive a 13 year old? :eek:

pr1mo
22-04-2005, 07:02 PM
drives it home every night i hear

MeFo
22-04-2005, 08:32 PM
hahaha, welcome to the forums. Good to hear you managed to fix the problems.

mazdaguy01
23-04-2005, 02:08 PM
twilightprotege I have twin boot mounted 50amp SLA batteries, new distrubution boards up front and rear or car which run circuit breakers etc. All standard lights have been changed to ccfl's or leds. Custom alarm system with swipe card etc.

Basiclly anything electrical that I could change I have. I will put it all up in readers rides soon. Mazda would cover anything else just not the electric systems.

From the sounds of things my altinator (SP) has dyed from excessive use lol so that needs upgrading.

platypus
24-04-2005, 11:18 PM
and just a quick guestimate on that stalk, we should be talking $170+ (after buying a wiper stalk - sedan)