PDA

View Full Version : Hey fellas, looking for some info

Ian
11-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Hey guys

I just recently baught a 92 astina SP (pics bellow)

Im looking to slowly but surely do it up.

I have just baught new tires + mags for it.

I want to do appearance first, then preformance.

What am I looking at next? (I know about keepers on windscreen - there getting fixed up next payday)

Also, What would be a good way to start, preformance wise?

Ill confess to knowing very little about these things.

Thanks
Ian

PS:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/IanNathan1987/DSCN3191.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/IanNathan1987/DSCN3197.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/IanNathan1987/DSCN3199.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/IanNathan1987/DSCN3224.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/IanNathan1987/DSCN3227.jpg

tidy protege
11-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Thats a very clean BG Astina, performance wise do you plan on turboing the car or going NA.

If you were planning to go turbo the best thing you might do is do a either a BPT or BPD engine conversion and that way you will be talking some nice power, there is plenty of info on this subject in the forced induction area.

If you were to go NA id start with set of Headers, a high air flow cat and 2" or 2/1/4" mandrel bent zorst system.

Then I would invest in some form of boosting the air induction on your car maybe an sri with some pipe leading to it from the guard infront of the front left wheel.(ask nate about it he has done that)

Id then look at maybe some cams and engine management changes, either way you will be very happy as 323's are an awsome car and BG's are a very special car.

project.r.racing
11-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Hey Ian, welcome to the house of fun. Where do you live? I sware I see your car all the time.

Ryan

platypus
12-05-2005, 12:14 AM
did you get locked in the carpark overnight?

twilightprotege
12-05-2005, 06:06 AM
get some lowering springs - looks plus handing performance at the same time :D

Nate
12-05-2005, 09:07 AM
welcome!

that stuff on the windscreen, the A pilar mould breaks allthe time, i had one come off on the highway, ring the mazda wreckers are marooka, otherwise you will probably have to see the mazda dealership and i think they want $180 each :eek:

first off i would deffinately say lower your car!, will cost you $300 max ifyou put hte springs in yourself, everyone says get eibach springs so i guess go with them :)

some really dark tint would look neat!

you can also go down to supercheap and raid there paint section, a couple of cans or engine enamel and a day of fun will transform the engine bay! Also you can paint the console fairly easily, i did it in silver and it really sets it apart! or a nice shift boot and shift knob

another really cheap (cost me $10) is too add in the fog light at the rear of your car... if you open your boot and pop off the panels to access the rear of the taillights, you will see the very inside light is blanked out, buy grabing a pair of glob sockets and drilling out the hole, you can make you astina stand out at night, as no one can pick what the hell it is! :p

other than that its jsut the ususal, bodykit and that kinda stuff, but all the kits look crap IMO

performance wise

a decent zhaust will make some noise! PLEASE dont get a cannon!!

also a good cold air feed to your engine will make it a bit more responsive, and cheap enough to do as well

a rising rate fuel pressure regulator is also a great little bit of equipment to have!

The easiest way to get power out of these babys is to transplant an engine from a 323 familia into your car, it is the exact same engine turbo charged and makes 40 more kw's straight away! plus it is a direct bolt in!! with a good zhaust (3inch) and intercooler you could expect to run 14.5 second 1/4 mile times!!

handleing

a front strut brace and rear sway bar will tighten up the whole package!

hope that helps! i will come back after work tonight and add a heap of links so it all makes sense :p

cheers
Nate

Ian
12-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey Ian, welcome to the house of fun. Where do you live? I sware I see your car all the time.

Ryan

I live in brisbane however I just got this car. The mags are brand new (yesterday)

The easiest way to get power out of these babys is to transplant an engine from a 323 familia into your car, it is the exact same engine turbo charged and makes 40 more kw's straight away! plus it is a direct bolt in!! with a good zhaust (3inch) and intercooler you could expect to run 14.5 second 1/4 mile times!!

Hmm, how much would I be looking at for this? also, will I need to upgrade clutch etc?

Nate
12-05-2005, 10:09 AM
http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2611

what part of brisbane, most of team grey is on the northside (we all drive grey astina's :p)

Mattzda
12-05-2005, 10:49 AM
G'day Ian... welcome.

what carpark is that?

Ian
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
im on northside - mitchelton

That was the brookside carpark at 11 pm last night - security was like "go away" and i was like im just taking photos of my car man, he thought i was there to do a drug deal or some **** :eek:

ahem - is swearing allowed?

Nate
12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
ahem - is swearing allowed?

**** no ... you cant do that CRAP here!

nah its all good ... if someone doesnt like it they can pipe up. im at eatons hill, there are a couple more members in the chermside area ... nice and close ... now you just need to repsray your car grey :p

Ian
12-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Sure. You guys can pay for it :)

twilightprotege
12-05-2005, 07:11 PM
gee the qld contingent is getting big!!!

chicaboo
12-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I was impressed by the last OMC/AGT Friday night meet the other week. Nice to see all bar 2 Team Grey cars about too! I think we had 11 cars on that night? Not too shabby for a little get together for no apparent reason...

Ian
12-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Hmm. Where can I get info on my car? I dont really know that much about it.... (specs etc) Its a stock standard 1992 Astina SP

Also, whats the difference between SP and standard astinas? (I know about DHOC and SOHC, and electric stuff - but thats about it)

Nate
12-05-2005, 09:09 PM
sp got bigger brakes, g series (stronger gearbox), familia bucket seats, twin cam engine (92kw 155nm) sunroof, windows, and 14 inch alloys

Ian
12-05-2005, 09:49 PM
humm. 16 inch ROH strata's now :D

Nate
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
17 ROH boostR's ...the strata's are dman sexy tho ... and 16's are cheaper on tyres ... you on msn ian??

Ian
12-05-2005, 10:17 PM
yeah. muff_rider69@hotmail.com :D

shaggy 1800
13-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Hey what if you got the SP in Auto does that just have a crusty gearbox?? And mine doesn't have a sunroof. **** i feel ripped off.

chicaboo
13-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I think everyone that picked an auto got an F sereies auto, they STILL use the F series auto in the SP23 and Jspec Mazda6 (Atenza). So it obviously can handle a little bit of power...