PDA

View Full Version : BPT-BP wiring harness

Shaggy
11-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if I can get away using the standard wiring loom from a BPT on my BA? I read in the archive section of th e forum that it has to be intergrated into the BP harness?, Does anyone know any details on this ? which parts?

Cheers

Ben :D

Nate
12-06-2005, 01:42 AM
rip the loom out of your car and replace the whole thing with the BPT loom, you will need to splice the wire to the fuel pump, thats it ... as far as im aware anyway :p

Dogo
12-06-2005, 09:04 AM
i think theres more to it than that - but I dont have exact details.

i'm pretty sure there's some hacking to get it connected to the dash wiring, the fuse box, and the aircon compressor gets in the way too.

Nate
12-06-2005, 10:29 AM
i stand corrected ... obviously not hte same as the BG :o :o

Shaggy
13-06-2005, 09:12 PM
LOL

no worries Nate :D

Does anyone know of anyone who could know?

BigMal
13-06-2005, 11:43 PM
You cant use the standard wiring. With mine they made a stripped down harness
from the GTX wiring to connect to the motor and fuse box. Recently we transferred
it from 1 car to another and even just doing that was a full day job just trying to
work out the wiring differences between a 94 to 97 Astina for the fusebox.
You really need the GTX wiring harness for the conversion.

Shaggy
14-06-2005, 07:26 AM
Cheers Mal, Yes I will have the GTX loom and the BP loom, :D Can you tell me which parts of the GTX loom were cut??, did u use the connectiors from the BP loom for the speedo etc? or does it not work like that?

Cheers

Ben :D

BigMal
14-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Think of the GTX ECU being seperate from your cars wiring loom and only the wires
for the engine and fusebox being stripped out of the GTX harness and then taped up
together. This then means the wiring harness in the Astina that goes to the engine
can be cut off. There are 2 wires off that harness that are still used 1 for the gearbox
not sure the other. Inside there were 6 wires that needed to be picked up off the
Astina computer plug, 2 more off the steering column and then one from behind the
dash gauges. I dont know the exacts I paid a auto electrician to do it originally and
only helped my mechanic when we moved it last month from my car to a mates as I
upgraded to a Haltech ECU. As I said before even moving the wiring from a 97 car
to a 94 car was a head scratch due to different wiring so even if I wrote down all
the wires I am sure it will mean very little to your wiring not even being a 1.8 to start
with. Best you get a auto elect to wire it in.

Shaggy
14-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Cheers Mal :D

Exodus323
02-07-2005, 12:47 AM
how about getting a microteck or any other aftermarket computer for this conversion it may be a few more $$$ but for the possible power gain and convenince i think its worth it you can wire a microtech your self with the give wireing manual its just that easy

BigMal
02-07-2005, 07:48 AM
I agree I wouldn't go standard again whenever there is a problem nobody
wants to look at it. Seems to be a lot less of the fear factor with a microtech.
Also you got boost control with aftermarket I am sick of boost cut with the
factory unit.

BigMal
02-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Bump I still got my LINK ECU for sale :)

Shaggy
05-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Yes I will be looking for an aftermarket, but id like to see the standard first, plus the old £££ gets in the way all the time! Whats the link ECU Mal ? :D

Ben

rab
19-12-2006, 03:43 PM
us guys in the USA can just plug the gtx ecu into are n/a harness and it works fine. then alot of us splice in a 4 wire tps. we can also splice in the knock control but usally don't and we don't splice in the boost solinoids ether.
and the car runs fine. also even with a 3 wire tps guy's cars run fine.
thanks ryan