PDA

View Full Version : Wakefield Open Day

bRaDiNhO
21-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Once again..... am interested in a Wakefield day. Would be nice to get an AGT group going.... even if its only 3 or 4. I'm not going to be pounding it all day, but I would happily pay the $140 to give it a few short sessions on the track. Only available for Saturdays starting late July. Anyone?

jcywong
13-07-2005, 11:54 PM
would love to go

bRaDiNhO
13-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Anyone else? Will be doing this soon with new clutch and tyres

Its $80 + $20 helmet hire + $40 annual Wakefield licence

mazdamanik
14-09-2005, 05:08 AM
wat date is it going to be?

mcwilly
14-09-2005, 09:31 AM
im so keen, i can see me breaking something but, but yea if i have the money ill be there

goldsp
14-09-2005, 03:55 PM
i think someone in the club has to do cams training to be able have a club day at the track . Could be wrong , but thats what i herd

Laser the Amazer
14-09-2005, 07:36 PM
goldsp your dead right

but wakefield offer "get the speed off the street days"

where they open the track up and every pays $30 for a Wakefield Licence, $80 each day and just need a helmet, long sleeves and pants.

I'm yet to go down for one of these, but I have had people who have been many times tell me to go during the week not the weekend, as there is a lot less people there.

I recently used part of the track for a Hillclimb, the 2nd corner to the top section, had a lot of fun of that part with the car on one corner in a 4 wheel drift.

I would be keen to go during the week but I have put in for 2 weeks off in November so there's all my holidays gone till next year.

Rob

goldsp
14-09-2005, 08:33 PM
yeh id be keen if thats the cass . stockies go back on hehehe

mcwilly
14-09-2005, 09:40 PM
wil it be open to everyone or is it limited to a certain number which we can book out. im very keen to go

bRaDiNhO
14-09-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm don't know of any limits, although I'm sure they'd cut if off somewhere. I guess the more on the track the more you have to worry about modified Skylines, Commonwhores and Rexies blowing you away don the straight. Mcwilly, Jcy and Goldie + me is fine - I just wanted a couple of us out there. I'll look at some dates tomorrow night and post again then.

platypus
14-09-2005, 10:54 PM
i thought they had some basic guidelines, whereby all are wanting to push, hang back until a straight to pass, no passing on the corners etc....

BEEFY_SP20
15-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Im as keen as let us know the dates and id love to test out old whitey

Osprey06
15-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Post up a date when you decide and I'll see if I can come.

Check http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/index.cfm?pageid=pg111363146edoras and look for any "Open practice days".
If there are some seriously quick cars and some not so quick, they will split you into two groups...and they can be a bit frigid about 'fun' driving - ie attempting to drift...but ultimately there were no issues the last time I went and everyone seemed to have fun. If everyone drives sensibly, uses mirrors and a little caution (remember, it's only for fun people), then there won't be any issues.

bRaDiNhO
15-09-2005, 06:53 PM
As far as I know no drifting unless you go to the open practice/ drifting practice. They will flag you if you're being dangerous to others (+ to get a tow costs some stupid amount) - no one is insured its just to have a bit of fun on the track. PAssing is straights only. Yes there are different groups based on how good you think you are.

I pulled 2 dates that suit me and are outside public holiday weeks and not immediately after Bathurst weekend due to multi-day hangovers.
- Thu 13 Oct
- Wed 26 Oct
Anyone NOT able to do one of these? These are both cars only - no bikes, and are not drift sessions.

Alternatively, the MX5 Club has it booked out Sun 30 October. I asked last time and they were happy to have us. Would this be better?

bRaDiNhO
15-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Extra $50 to go with MX5 club, but more controlled/ similar cars

Osprey06
15-09-2005, 09:13 PM
I probably wouldn't be able to make a meeting during the week, personally (having just taken up a full-time monday to friday job), but ultimately don't fret about me. Do whatever and if I can tag along, I will, otherwise no biggie.