PDA

View Full Version : PS2 IN Protege!

sOuL_323
30-06-2005, 11:24 PM
hey,
i just bought a silver slimline ps2 4 my car and im gettin an in car screen to roughly 7" now wat would be tha best type os screen ( dash? roof mounted?) to install and wat would be tha best option for positioning tha ps 2? a custom box or sumin?? :confused: :confused:

mazdamanik
01-07-2005, 08:16 AM
do u need glovebox space? if not design some brackets to fit it in there as well as the controlers then when u dont need it, it wont be in the way

Dogo
01-07-2005, 12:30 PM
shove it under the seat.
u dont want people to see it coz it'll get stolen quickly

screen is personal preference. I've got 2x 8" sunvisor screens.
it makes no difference but remember that people will get headaches quickly

MeFo
01-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Why headaches?

Nate
01-07-2005, 02:52 PM
looking up???

Dogo
01-07-2005, 06:03 PM
I dont know, but everyone seems to get them. I think it must be similar to how passengers get headaches when reading a book.

its not from looking up - the visor screens arnt in yet - just the old dash one still.

sOuL_323
01-07-2005, 07:19 PM
yeh i liek tha idea of having it under tha seat..
i waz thinking it might go sumwhere inside a custom dash or under tha seat...if there anyone is seling a screen i would be very interested, thanx.

Osprey06
01-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Why headaches?Some people (well, a lot of people I know) get headaches from trying to focus on something in a moving car for long periods (eg reading or looking at a computer). It's something to do with trying to maintain focus on what is essentially a 'moving' object (eg. every time the car hits a bump etc.) - same reasons some people get car sick I guess.

platypus
02-07-2005, 08:14 AM
not quite... its because you have mis-matched signals coming from your senses, you have your grommett in your ear telling you your moving, but your eyes are not sensing the movement, which is why when you read and drive its best to look up every couple of minutes to re-focus....

as to your PS2 problem, you could prolly slide it down BEHIND the glovebox, as there is enough clearance to do that.... ie atach it to the box!

or if you use the standard unit it actually just nudges over the lip under the front seat... thats where mine sits anyway...

ssman
02-07-2005, 04:01 PM
check out e-bay plenty for sale there

Nate
03-07-2005, 10:52 AM
sik had some for sale a while back. believe it or not he ran out of space to stick in anymore screens :P ... once you see his car you will understand why :D

KittyKatSmack
03-07-2005, 07:02 PM
On another InCarEntertainment topic, but similar, we got the xbox working in the XR6Turbo.
Aaron has designed the cables to work with the existing in dash colour screen with the premium sound system, and it looks mighty good.

Apparently some friends of ours were in the QLD/Bris Autosalon recently, a gold XR6Turbo with head rest mounted screens, dash screen and huge boot screen, and lots of custom work done under the bonnet and interior.
How many peeps went to the QLD Autosalon? Did anyone see it?
Was the red magna that won so many trophies the model with the suicide doors?
Apparently there was a candy red mx5 that was rather schmick too.

Anyway, good work on the ICE everyone.

It's funny you know, people aren't interested in the stereo or anything when I'm driving, in fact they say nothing at all........ mmmmmmmm, maybe it's coz the MX5 doesn't have a god bar ;)

cheers y'all

chicaboo
03-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I went to the GC Autosalon, the red Magna was there. There were 3 or 4 MX-5s there, I don't particulary remember any one of them as a standout, 2 of them were blue team race cars. I don't recall a Gold XR6T though, but I tend to be like that with "nose" cars I'm afraid. I think they also changed the cars around on the days it was on so more people could compete?
Can you or Aaron post up pics of how the little colour screen looks with the XBOX running into it?

Gav.

sOuL_323
03-07-2005, 09:08 PM
lol, we went from interior talk 2 gettin sik watchin tha tv..lol...im lost...

Dogo
04-07-2005, 11:39 AM
to summarise
u asked about best screen position, I said it makes no difference but try to be careful you dont put it somewhere where people get headaches/carsick.

I think the best location is in the back of the headrests of the front seats. Thats my suggestion.

you asked where to put the ps2, we said under the seat or in/under the glovebox.

sOuL_323
04-07-2005, 09:55 PM
alright decision made, tha ps2 is going unda in tha glove box, i obught a in car dvd dash screen which goes in tha dash, and a roof mountd one dat goes in tha middle of tha car 4 tha bak passengers, both 7" screens, will provide nice entertainment.. :D

QNC-29T
12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
I have a indash 1 in the roof and 2x5inch's in my boot! I never use them!

ssman
16-07-2005, 05:35 PM
i could never understand why people mount screens in the boot....i guess if you kidnapped someone you could keep them entertained for a while.

Dogo
16-07-2005, 10:00 PM
yeh I never understood why someone would want to stare into my boot.

it sounds like crap compared to in the car.
i think its usually to hear the bass :/