PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Day?

Fro-Daddy
12-07-2005, 05:48 PM
would anyone be up for one? i dont know when your last one was, so if this is soon i dont mind, i would just like a stockish reading for my car...

what places have you been to? how many people are usually needed? prices are like $30-$50 for 3 runs or summin? what time frame would you like to do one in?

mrpayner
12-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Think i might move this to the Queensland thread!

Cheers
Adam

twilightprotege
12-07-2005, 06:45 PM
well most dyno day's are at mercury motorsport at windsor. $50 cash for 2-5 runs (depending on how generous they feel). that's a pretty good price really and you dont see better.

however the problem with dyno's is that you really need to go back to the same dyno every time you want to get an accurate readout. no dyno will produce the same results, even with the dyno dynamics shootout mode, but atleast with that it'll be pretty damn close.

i'm sure we could put you on the dyno at dyson rotary when we go down there for the tune on our cars when we install the microtech ecu's. that'll be an interesting day for sure! unfortunately it'll probably be during the week because on the weekend they'd be too busy to tune 6 cars (would prob take 2 hours each).

however i'm sure gav will feel the same, but i'd like to get my car dyno'd on the mercury dyno after the MT is tuned since that's where i've had all my recent runs. so if you cant make the dyson day, this will be your best option

chicaboo
12-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Andrew, you and I both need a dyno at Mercury before we install/tune the Microtechs! Possibly even do a before/after dyno with the UDPs on the same day too...

Fro-Daddy
12-07-2005, 09:46 PM
either way, tell me when and where and ill prolly be up for it if im free...

Nate
12-07-2005, 10:07 PM
the last big big dyno day was held in canberra just a smiggen over a year ago. i took out second last place :P ... although i was only 2kw off a stock SP20 :D