therse a full on invasion of them! they look cool! especailly for a suzuki too
and at like $13990 new :O
i mean they use like 5.7 l of peterol per 100kms
MMMM

and how much is peterol where ya are?
mines $1.39 a L

KittyKatSmack
08-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I kinda thought the new Swifts had a bit of Mini look about them ;)

Petrol is too much, and all the hype keeps driving it up!
They are talking on Today Tonight that it will get to 1.60c per litre.

I mean HOLEY ****E!!!!!!!

*boggles*

pr1mo
08-09-2005, 02:44 PM
ive written off a swift. good cars :)

KittyKatSmack
08-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Now that's an endorsement!!!!!

lol

-BraXta-
08-09-2005, 04:46 PM
well see that Petrol in UK is like 1 pound 30 ... and ireland has petrol of like 1.30 Euro....

I think that australia is gettin it pretty sweet...

I dont like paying 80 bucks to fill up my accord Euro with Premium but hey its still cheaper than other countries =P

hehehe

but yeh it is a drag... and now with this new orleans thingy... and the Rigs all tipping.... not gonna be good..

Just think back to the days when petty was 64 cents a litre and people complained then it was expensive =P

CRA23
08-09-2005, 05:20 PM
i agree with kitty it does look really like a mini, been sayin that since they came out, prolly y they are doin so good, cheap fairly good quality mini :D

petrol on the gold coast is 1.28c :D for std unleaded with pulp at 1.37

mazdamanik
08-09-2005, 05:33 PM
toronto i payed 149.8 for ultimate:(

mike_d87
08-09-2005, 05:52 PM
last time i got petrol it was 124.9 for regular, and by the time i got out the driveway it was up to 135 :D lucky me. the swifts get about 8L/100km in the real world, and theyre about 18990 driveaway for the base model. only difference is alloys and better clarion stuff for the 's' model. theyre not even that good to drive, i dont understand y ppl buy them, i spose its kinda like a better, safer getz??

chicaboo
08-09-2005, 05:53 PM
I drove an automatic Swift last week, such a lovely sweet little car. It has very good handling and I couldn't detect any body roll when I threw it into Hale street off Given Terrace at Paddington. I even managed a bit of squeel accellerating into that corner too. A very cute car, but not as roomy as a 2...

EDIT: When I started driving it was 54c/ltr, and I didn't complain until it broke 70c for a few months before dropping back done. But when we live in a country where the price of fuel can potentially double in 1 year, something is very wrong.

Laser the Amazer
08-09-2005, 05:56 PM
One of the Franchises at my work is Suzuki.

We now have a 2 month wait for Swifts cause of the Demand. I'm yet to drive one though.

Hopefully they release something like a GTi soon

Rob

SehnKhan
08-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Took one for a spin today cause I was on a day off, was a pretty good ride. Handled pretty well, but I thought the brakes were a tad spongy. Didn't handle nearly as well as my car though :D

Not bad little rides though, I can see why people are getting them, I'd say they're pretty economical for light footed drivers. Felt like I needed to really stamp the foot to get any indication of power to it though, didn't feel like the pick up was as quick as my old Accent (similar motor size and specs) but all in all I didn't mind the drive.

andrewgrazier
08-09-2005, 08:47 PM
yeah. i duno i think they look a bit nicer than the getz. think they got drum brakes on the rear.

Rupewrecht
08-09-2005, 11:08 PM
here's a couple of pics of the new Swift Sport they released in japan.

not bad at all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/gerardleesgp/others/1.jpg
http://www.suzuki.co.jp/dom4/lineup/swiftsport/exterior/img/pho_b-ga07.jpg
http://www.suzuki.co.jp/dom4/lineup/swiftsport/interior/img/pho_01-7.jpg

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/dom4/lineup/swiftsport/

KittyKatSmack
09-09-2005, 10:51 AM
The cost of petrol is getting ridiculous!
Looks like we won't be keeping the XR6turbo because of it :(

I saw a mini cooper s cabriolet last weekend, and I like!

What can I say, I like being topless! LOL

HI-RES
09-09-2005, 02:13 PM
What can I say, I like being topless! LOL

pics?! ;)

I read an article about the new Swift GTi they are developing for Australia, testing in NZ apparently, there were even hints it may be turbo or AWD but to early on to say...I think its due in about a years time.
I still think the Ignis sport is a great little hatch, and its got the same economy as mine (about 7.3ltrs / 100km combined )

And yeah with the retarded price of petrol I think I'll be sticking with a smaller car from here on in, the market is getting swamped with mums & dads trying to sell their 4WD fuel guzzlers.

oh and if you think overseas are worse off, well thats true in UK but yanks only pay $0.80 AUD a litre, plus public transport in UK is so good alot of people dont own cars over there or seldom use one compared to us

pr1mo
09-09-2005, 02:20 PM
petrol in the US has gone up a fair whack in the last week or so

Laser the Amazer
09-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I took an Ignis Sport to Wakefield Park last weekend to compete in a Hillclimb.

It was Awesome for a 1.5 Litre 83kw and weighs just over 900kg.

in the 0-1600cc Standard Class me and my mate got 3rd and 1st. My Mate was running quicker times then a Manual XR6 Turbo.

The Amazing thing was how little fuel it used. we put in 20 Litres in Goulburn, did 30 flat out race kms and drove back from Goulburn (180kms) and had only used half of what we put in.

Will be good when the Suzuki Sport Model gets Released, hopefully it will

Rob